PDA

View Full Version : Paperwork How do I register an overseas marriage in Tenerife?

LOLLY
03-02-2013, 20:58
Hi all

I would like to get my overseas marriage registered and recognised in Tenerife. The marriage certificate
is in English and has the appostille stamp on reverse, so I guess the marriage certificate and birth certificate need to be translated into Spanish
what else do I need?, where should I present these documents and could anyone give a recomendation for a legal translator for these documents. I did go on the British Consulate website for help, but it only gave me the requirements on getting married in Spain.

Many thanks

Lolly

canarybird
03-02-2013, 21:00
Where are you located? I can recommend a legal translator in Puerto de la Cruz if that's any help. He translated my marriage documents.

jmcd
04-02-2013, 00:24
MGM consulting on Calle Ramon Pino, Los cristianos. In the street behind Av. de Suecia (runs parallel)

Maria Gonzales is brilliant!

Link to Google maps http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&tab=wl

Just write in Calle Ramon Pino, Los Cristianos, Tenerife, Spain

Their web page http://www.mgmconsultingtenerife.com/

berni
04-02-2013, 08:08
Hi There

I had to get mine recognised as I chose to get divorced over here. You have to send your marriage certificate to the British Embassy in London to get the apostillo stamp on it, then you can take it to a lawyer over here to have it officially translated and stamped once again over here. This way the courts here recognise it officially

I did this 4 years ago so maybe the law has changed but hope this helps

timmylish
05-02-2013, 03:24
Hi There

I had to get mine recognised as I chose to get divorced over here. You have to send your marriage certificate to the British Embassy in London to get the apostillo stamp on it, then you can take it to a lawyer over here to have it officially translated and stamped once again over here. This way the courts here recognise it officially

I did this 4 years ago so maybe the law has changed but hope this helps

Not to be pedantic how can you have a "British Embassy" in the uK? Do you mean the Home Office (which department?), Spanish Embasssy or what? Just to help you understand!

berni
05-02-2013, 07:08
As usual on this forum,being pedantic is the norm. I was only trying to help a member with some information as I remember it.

I think I will revert back to not posting for a while as some members seem to have nothing better to do than trawl posts and then rather than giving helpful info, find fault with the members trying to be of some help to others!

bonitatime
05-02-2013, 07:39
Is one if you Spanish because if so it is much more complicated.

timmylish
05-02-2013, 23:53
Ah! No comment on Bonitatime,s posting or, is it too soon?