PDA

View Full Version : Sunday 10th February 2013 - Tenerife v Leganes

Fred Perry
05-02-2013, 15:58
SUNDAY 10TH FEB - kick off Midday

CD TENERIFE vs CD LEGANES

One of the games of the season sees leaders Tenerife take on form team Leganes who are incredibly unbeaten since October.
Tenerife sit five points clear but a win will stretch that lead over third placed Leganes to 8 points.

Prices have been slashed for the "Carnival match" and a good crowd is expected despite live tv.

Santa Cruz will be buzzing with the "Carnival Day" attracting 200.000 to the capital. What a fantastic chance to see some football and then go down to join in the carnival fun.

Current league table

http://i49.tinypic.com/20try80.jpg

bonitatime
05-02-2013, 17:29
Wil you be in costume?

Fred Perry
05-02-2013, 18:02
No, not me. I look stupid enough anyway. Many others do though, look here;

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=oa.10151273010412011&type=1

YOUNG GOLFER
05-02-2013, 18:07
no bus this week for me mate but will need 3 tickets please going to do my bit and help fill up the ground.

bonitatime
05-02-2013, 19:41
I am still looking for a costume. I fancied the Andy Pandy one

FinnKris
10-02-2013, 13:51
0-0 at Half Time.

Not a great deal of goal mouth action for either side, Chechu with a decent chance early on & Sergio saved well from the league top scorer Dioni. Close game, seems like one goal could decide it.

bonitatime
10-02-2013, 13:58
We are never very good first half
Second half the Blanquiazules always play better

FinnKris
10-02-2013, 14:55
2-1 to CDT the Final Score!!!

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

What a dramatic 20 minutes of action 15 mins into the second half. We got a fairly soft penalty & second yellow for their defender but Ardiane couldn't convert. And then really sloppy play by Tarantino on the edge of our own box getting caught in possession leading to a well taken goal by their main threat Dioni. There was perhaps a foul on Tarantino but I think the ref waved play on in order to equalize the somewhat harsh penalty & red card.

And then just when I was starting to worry we might be left with nothing Christo Martin with a fantastic individual effort equalizing the game. And a few minutes later Aridane making up for his penalty miss with a well taken goal after a good Guillem Marti cross.

We managed to hold on, some late drama, Guillem Marti through but he couldn't score & the visitors managed to cause some commotion during a corner.

What a great and important result this is again, CD Leganes had been on fire lately & is one of our main competitors.

Mike
10-02-2013, 15:00
What a great second half Aridane comes up with the winner again after a terrible penalty. Brightens up a Sunday afternoon in Glasgow with the snow falling

Davie Thistle
10-02-2013, 15:50
:c2:

C'mon the CDT!!!!

FinnKris
10-02-2013, 20:26
This result with the fantastic turnaround from 0-1 down to 2-1 just got even sweeter, Real Oviedo (in second place) only managed to draw at home to Salamanca on one of the worst pitches I've ever seen (saw the last few seconds of the game but what a dreadful pitch, more mud than grass) meaning we are 7 points clear at the top!!!

Obviously a long way still to go, but a nice buffer for the inevitable slip ups down the road.

Fred Perry
11-02-2013, 13:48
A great and important win yesterday!! Someone managed to record the moment Aridane scored the 2nd goal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoX059LhmGg