PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know of a top notch electronics shop?

danno
05-02-2013, 16:27
hi All,
Im looking to buy a new TV & Hifi & am wondering where I can find a shop with latest equipment at decent prices.
I happy to drive anywhere on the island
Thanks in advance,
p.s am curious if prices on the island are generally better then mainland europe for this kind of thing?

junglejim
05-02-2013, 17:33
Electrocris in El Camison is a good bet for variety and good customer service .

danno
05-02-2013, 20:36
cheers jungle :tiphat:

timmylish
05-02-2013, 23:28
JJ. No disrespect but since the O/p is willing to drive he must go North, young man. MediaMarkt for one has much greater choice of electronics and its sister shop near El Corte Ingles has an extensive range as well. Free parking at both so no worries there.

junglejim
06-02-2013, 08:32
None taken Timmy! Just the angle of customer service and convenience - most people on our complex use Electrocris and myself have used them over the years with good back-up.
I think the important thing is to know what you want to buy and what it should cost -too many nice toys out there !

kiwiphil
06-02-2013, 10:35
Carrefoure has a pretty good range too, and is quite close to MediaMarkt. Both have good websites too, so you can do plenty of research before getting there.

Best to decide if you want Plasma or LCD before going to the store. And think about the size TV you want too - how much room do you have etc. We got a 50" Samsung Plasma from Carrefoure back in June.

danno
06-02-2013, 14:05
Thanks guys, I want a decent 3D smart TV, so will look in all the shops suggested. Will probably still see one a day after I buy for less money (-: but at least I will have done my homework. Thanks again. Oh, If I could have slightly better directions for media market it would be good. Otherwise I will try & google it

Suej
06-02-2013, 14:23
Thanks guys, I want a decent 3D smart TV, so will look in all the shops suggested. Will probably still see one a day after I buy for less money (-: but at least I will have done my homework. Thanks again. Oh, If I could have slightly better directions for media market it would be good. Otherwise I will try & google it

Media Markt by far the best place for a bargain at the moment IMO! we were up there on Monday and it was packed out and all the cash desks had long queues! a lot of good reductions!!! Carrefour electrical department was empty of customers by the way!:goodluck: