PDA

View Full Version : Health Can anyone recommend a surgeon at Hospiten Sur for a knee operation?

waverunner
05-02-2013, 18:02
Can anybody recommend a surgeon at the Hospiten sur for a knee operation, just like to be sure - thanks

casabonny
05-02-2013, 18:17
Dont go there! go to Costa Adeje and see Dr Torres hes brilliant.I have had surgery done by him as has my husband and various friends and clients and none can praise him high enough.

waverunner
05-02-2013, 23:21
Thanks for the recommendation its so much better when you are informed, as it is I'm a bit nervous about the proceedure but it must be done :(

Greg
05-02-2013, 23:44
I've got pins in my knee courtesy of Dr Torres. I smashed my knee badly in a motorcross accident, the radiologist called Dr Torres directly and he turned up on his way to a dinner engagement (complete with dickie bow!) He took one look at my X rays and told the staff to prepare me for surgery for 09:00 the following morning (Sunday!) On Sunday morning he arrived and introduced his team of nurses and anaesthetist. (Which was a tad disconcerting as I was lying naked on the operating table!) Anyway, the operation to screw the bones back together was so good you can hardly see the scars. The hospital is spotless and its staff faultless. Dr Torres and his team have my vote, you will be well looked after.

waverunner
06-02-2013, 11:49
Thanks Greg great feed back - one small question does he speak some English, although i speak fair Spanish it better to understand fully when it come to medical things.

primrose
06-02-2013, 12:01
Thanks Greg great feed back - one small question does he speak some English, although i speak fair Spanish it better to understand fully when it come to medical things.

They have Translators at Hospital Costa Adeje.

casabonny
06-02-2013, 18:39

He speaks fluent English as he is married to Angela who works with him! No problems.My hubbys knee op was very sucsessful .
Costa Adeje hospital are by far ( now ) the best in the South.I have had two cataracts done there too and that was perfect and sort of painless!

cheery
06-02-2013, 19:04
I've got pins in my knee courtesy of Dr Torres. I smashed my knee badly in a motorcross accident, the radiologist called Dr Torres directly and he turned up on his way to a dinner engagement (complete with dickie bow!) He took one look at my X rays and told the staff to prepare me for surgery for 09:00 the following morning (Sunday!) On Sunday morning he arrived and introduced his team of nurses and anaesthetist. (Which was a tad disconcerting as I was lying naked on the operating table!) Anyway, the operation to screw the bones back together was so good you can hardly see the scars. The hospital is spotless and its staff faultless. Dr Torres and his team have my vote, you will be well looked after.

What was the cost? My knees are shot and if at some point in the future I can arrange it I would love to have it done on an extended holiday.

Greg
06-02-2013, 19:42
It was done on DKV insurance, I couldn't begin to guess the cost!

kingbaker
07-02-2013, 01:06
I think that some of you need to get a grip!!

The OP hasn't mentioned what proceedure is needed and even if he did, it would not be advisable to be seeking

advice from non medically trained people OFF THE INTERNET no matter what experience they had!!!!

Suggest the OP gets advice from a DOCTOR.

JEEEEZE!!

Greg
07-02-2013, 20:59
Er unless I missed something the OP was asking for recommendations for a surgeon from members with experience of knee surgery. Not any different than asking for recommendations for any other trade. Like a baker :O)
JEEEZE lighten up!!

kingbaker
07-02-2013, 23:09
Er unless I missed something the OP was asking for recommendations for a surgeon from members with experience of knee surgery. Not any different than asking for recommendations for any other trade. Like a baker :O)

JEEEZE lighten up!!

I think that some of you need to get a grip!!

The OP hasn't mentioned what proceedure is needed and even if he did, it would not be advisable to be seeking

advice from non medically trained people OFF THE INTERNET no matter what experience they had!!!!

Suggest the OP gets advice from a DOCTOR.

JEEEEZE!!

Greg
08-02-2013, 01:29
Didn't you say that before? OP is asking for advice on which doctor to get advice from. You must be a northerner as Queens English seems to be a struggle for you:wink:

Skeggy
08-02-2013, 09:55
It's a very difficult recomendation to make, I had surgery on a broken shoulder at the Green Hospital by a trauma Surgeon which came in for servere criticism at our local hospital in the UK. My operation and stay were paid for by insurance but I was told that it cost 1500€ a day, I was in for four days.

kingbaker
08-02-2013, 11:24
Didn't you say that before? OP is asking for advice on which doctor to get advice from. You must be a northerner as Queens English seems to be a struggle for you:wink:

No I thought that you must be 'mutt and jeff', so said it again........If you need advice on your car engine, then you
would probably benefit from talking to a car mechanic. If you need advice about Cancer, then you should probably talk
to an oncologist, and a cardiologist for heart advice.

So I suggest that the OP talk to his (or her) doctor!! Maybe you're in need of a visit yourself.:crylaughing:

bonitatime
08-02-2013, 17:00
No I thought that you must be 'mutt and jeff', so said it again........If you need advice on your car engine, then you
would probably benefit from talking to a car mechanic. If you need advice about Cancer, then you should probably talk

So I suggest that the OP talk to his (or her) doctor!! Maybe you're in need of a visit yourself.:crylaughing:

No need to be unpleasant
Certainly I wouldn't take my car to any garage but would look for a reccomendacion
What was asked for here.

Susief
08-02-2013, 19:22

When I first saw your post I thought you were out of order, now with this I know you are way out of order.
The person asked for recommendations and that's what they got, nobody suggested anything inappropriate.
I had surgery on my shoulder 4 months ago (in UK) and if people asked me about the hospital or the Consultant I would give my recommendations.
If you can't say anything constructive then maybe you shouldn't comment!

kingbaker
09-02-2013, 07:41
Carefull who you ask advice from!!

See here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8GUYRRjJLE

poker
09-02-2013, 09:06
It's a very difficult recomendation to make, I had surgery on a broken shoulder at the Green Hospital by a trauma Surgeon which came in for servere criticism at our local hospital in the UK. My operation and stay were paid for by insurance but I was told that it cost 1500€ a day, I was in for four days.

They have to ask so mutch to pay the polititians brown envelopes , so they will not finish the new hospital in the South .