PDA

View Full Version : Tsunami alert in the south Pacific

delderek
06-02-2013, 11:23
Tsunami alert after Solomon Islands quake

A major earthquake registering at magnitude 8 has hit near the Solomon Islands, with the Pacific Tsunami Warning Centre (PTWC) issuing a tsunami warning for a wide swathe of islands in the South Pacific.

The PTWC issued a tsunami warning for the Solomon Islands, Vanuatu, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Tuvalu, New Caledonia, Kosrae, Fiji, Kiribati, Wallis and Futuna.

A Solomon Islands hospital director said villages had been destroyed by the initial earthquake.

Earlier, the PTWC warned that the large quake could trigger a "destructive tsunami" near the epicentre.

A tsunami watch has been issued for Australia and New Zealand, and all the way to Indonesia.

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

YOUNG GOLFER
06-02-2013, 11:30
Would it not be a good idea to change the title of this thread.....don't want to spread panic this being a Tenerife forum and all that.

Malteser Monkey
06-02-2013, 11:32
http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/map/

see link for earthquakes

delderek
06-02-2013, 11:52
Would it not be a good idea to change the title of this thread.....don't want to spread panic this being a Tenerife forum and all that.

Ooops, I think your right:ashamed:

malvasia
06-02-2013, 14:24
Ooops, I think your right:ashamed:

Del............all is ok, I have moved the Larios to the top shelf !!!!

delderek
06-02-2013, 16:08
Del............all is ok, I have moved the Larios to the top shelf !!!!

lol.:tiphat:

slodgedad
06-02-2013, 16:13

Sorted...........