PDA

View Full Version : Other Has horsemeatgate reached Tenerife yet?

kingbaker
08-02-2013, 11:34
Has the horsemeat scandal reached TENERIFE yet!! All frozen meat meals to be tested by order of

Food safety people this week.:(:(:(

There must be thousands of missing horses. Are you missing one!!!!!!:lol:

Suej
08-02-2013, 11:42
I'm dubious about any pre-made meat foods in supermarkets! I would love to know what goes in their shepherds pies/Pies and sausages!:vomit::confused:

Malteser Monkey
08-02-2013, 11:48
Nowt better than Home Made :yum:

kingbaker
08-02-2013, 12:01
I'm dubious about any pre-made meat foods in supermarkets! I would love to know what goes in their shepherds pies/Pies and sausages!:vomit::confused:

We're probably missing shedloads of Shepherds from somewhere!! Hard to believe that Sky News are saying that Findus

have 100% horsemeat in their 100% Beef Lasagne. Don't they know what they're making anymore.........seems like any bull

and half truthes are acceptable, when it comes to marketing of products. Maybe the executives of these companies need to

be arrested, as the Agri Dept. inspectors certainly didn't catch this in time.:(

Should have added ....in all Countries concerned.

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

junglejim
08-02-2013, 13:05
To be honest, I had a conversation with a guy Crawford who worked for a time in the Aberdeen Steak House franchise. As a manager/ Chef- he enlightened me as to what they used to use for their lasagne and bolognese mix - scrapings and residuals from diners plates etc.
I wasn't a great fan of Lasagne in Restaurants before but I have vowed never to eat anything outside that I can't identify or any processed meals, preferring to make and cook my own !
Just waiting on McD's declaring there products ok - stick to Nando's Chicken !

Suej
08-02-2013, 13:17
Nowt better than Home Made :yum:

How do we know that horsemeat isn't going into our fresh lean minced beef? :scared:

Vortex Wake
08-02-2013, 13:19
Horsemeatgate ? I think its more a case of shutting the gate after the horse has beeneaten.

kingbaker
08-02-2013, 13:21
How do we know that horsemeat isn't going into our fresh lean minced beef? :scared:

Could be even laced with dolphin!!!!!!

Suej
08-02-2013, 13:23

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!:cry:

Malteser Monkey
08-02-2013, 13:25

please don't go down that road SueJ, I'd starve

LUCKY
08-02-2013, 13:37

:feret:

I am in tuna with this scandal.

kingbaker
08-02-2013, 13:39
ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!:cry:

Loads of Shepherds missing all over the place.

Must be thousands of missing horses.

Have'nt heard from the dept of fisheries!!!!

Think it's time to turn vegetarian!!!!!!!:(

:feret:

I am in tuna with this scandal.

Probably up North they're doin' FERRET BURGERS.........what's the cholestoral levels like up there?:lol:

Horsemeatgate ? I think its more a case of shutting the gate after the horse has been eaten.

Think of the consequences........Cardiologists unemployed .....obesity clinics closed etc if we keep eating this low cholestoral

meat. Where will it all end!!!! :(

Fivepence
08-02-2013, 14:08
My doctor has told me I need to watch what I'm eating....................so I've just booked to go to the Grand National. :whistle:

TF1
08-02-2013, 15:22
A strong case for supporting local business! It might cost more to use a local butcher, but at least you can see exactly what you are buying!

funhunter
08-02-2013, 15:32
Heard on the radio this morning that someone's local pub was closed as they found traces of red rum in the optics...

Apparently our words for beef, veal, pork and mutton came from the Norman language as the Norman landowners only saw the meat once their anglo-saxon servants had cooked and served it. Meanwhile the anglo-saxon animal names cow, calf, pig and sheep were retained. Although we're used to eating chicken and lamb, cow meat doesn't sound ethical so I wonder for horse-meat if we used a word like Chevow with a posh sounding "oh" at the end if that would make horse meat more acceptable. I for one feel just as sorry for lambs and calves as for horses.

Fivepence
08-02-2013, 17:13
A strong case for supporting local business! It might cost more to use a local butcher, but at least you can see exactly what you are buying!

Does your local butcher cut up the horse while you watch TF.....................:cheeky:

cheery
08-02-2013, 18:03
There are also potential health problems with Findus products as they have found traces of testhorseterone and Class Hay drugs.

KirstyJay
08-02-2013, 20:07
Findus fish fingers are 100% seahorse.

Sal
08-02-2013, 20:11
I don't have a problem with eating horse meat - it is often served in France. The problem seems to be that the horse meat in question has not been bred as a food product and may have drugs (used to cure infections) which may cause harm to people and animals eating the meat.

TOTO 99
08-02-2013, 20:14
I'm having my last ever Findus meal for tea tonight....

Spaghetti Bologneighs.......:laugh:

garlicbread
09-02-2013, 11:02
Going to place a few bets on the gee gees today....Findus Crossed

princessmonika
09-02-2013, 13:46
now they only found out ? must be going on for a long time-- after the horse has bolted:doggy: are dogs and cats next :feret::cheers2:

lawrence
11-02-2013, 20:21
Never mind tesco's horseburgers, you should try thier meatballs. Theyr'e the dogs bollox

KirstyJay
11-02-2013, 20:53
Never mind tesco's horseburgers, you should try thier meatballs. Theyr'e the dogs bolloxI thought that was Korean meatballs...

People have been saying for years... "I'm starving, I could eat a horse" So what's everyone moaning about?

:D

Harmonicaman
11-02-2013, 21:03
Mafia are getting lazy. Guy got an offer he couldn't refuse...Findus Lasagne in his bed.

lawrence
11-02-2013, 22:50
Nice one Harmonicaman.
I was in a Tesco cafe the other day and the waitress asked if i wanted anything on my burger. I said " i'll have a fiver each way please

Suej
11-02-2013, 23:00
I thought that was Korean meatballs...

People have been saying for years... "I'm starving, I could eat a horse" So what's everyone moaning about?

:D

Good one Kirsty! I haven't heard that one!!!:laugh:

kingbaker
12-02-2013, 00:34
There are 70000 horses missing from Northern Ireland.........

:crylaughing::crylaughing::crylaughing: wonder how many Monkey scoffed!!!!!! :hello:

fixer
12-02-2013, 00:35
I thought id have fish fingers instead but had seconed thoughts as it may contain seahorse!

Vortex Wake
12-02-2013, 08:19
Linda Mccartney vegetarian beefhotpot is found to contain 80% horseradish .

poker
12-02-2013, 09:45
Where have all the spanish donkeys gone?

There used to be always a donkey seen anywere you went in Spain some years ago .
Now who ate them all?

TOTO 99
12-02-2013, 18:00
You know it's serious when Jeremy Kyle gets invoved...:laugh:

slodgedad
12-02-2013, 22:13
Linda Mccartney vegetarian beefhotpot is found to contain 80% horseradish .

Best one yet......

:v2::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Vortex Wake
12-02-2013, 22:38
Best one yet......

:v2::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Thanks - it was one I made up myself :)

kingbaker
13-03-2013, 15:07
Tesco still finding horsemeat in their products...........what incompetent twits to have managing any foodchain

never mind human food!!

I_N_Cognito
13-03-2013, 15:45
now they only found out ? must be going on for a long time-- after the horse has bolted:doggy: are dogs and cats next :feret::cheers2:

It’s already happening, a popular Chinese all you can eat buffet in Manchester city centre was closed down about a year ago for serving up cat and dog meat. Searched web for a link to reports but could not find, but there are plenty of other cases listed...

:dog:

Redips
13-03-2013, 16:51
Tesco have anounced they have bought the Giraffe chain of restraunts !!!!!!!!!!! The plot thickens

kingbaker
13-03-2013, 20:42
:ashamed:Imagine all the places that haven't been caught yet!!!!!!:ashamed:

warbey
13-03-2013, 21:15
It all started with Shergar...........