PDA

View Full Version : Other What's the usual temperature in Tenerife in June?

natashap
10-02-2013, 19:18
Ive been looking online to find out what the average temperature is in june but havent had much luck, All the sites are very varied. We have been told Tenerife is really hot??.. is this true?

marbro8
10-02-2013, 19:26
well it's hot in may, last may it got to 35 deg lol so i would say it stands a chance:lol:

Suej
10-02-2013, 19:30
It's the favourite time for a lot of my friends and rellies! not too hot just gorgeous! July/August can get a bit much! as for quoting temps that is another thing but I would say 27-29 degrees on average!

tfs_longlets
10-02-2013, 20:22
They say that this is the land of eternal spring.

The reason that you find a wide variation is because there is.

Marboro8 mentions 35C for last May. I don't remember specifically, but it must have been a Calima.

Normal maximum for April, May & June are 26 - 30C. This is the best time of year in my opinion as, because of the shape of the island and the prevailing wind from the north, there is always a cooling back draught on to the coasts of the south and west.

Apart from the 'occasional' Calima and Scirroco events, The Canary Islands are cooler in the summer than the Mediterranean countries. So much so, that a lot of people from Mainland Spain holiday here, to get away from the extreme temperatures in the main Cities.

marbro8
10-02-2013, 20:53
They say that this is the land of eternal spring.

The reason that you find a wide variation is because there is.

Marboro8 mentions 35C for last May. I don't remember specifically, but it must have been a Calima.

Normal maximum for April, May & June are 26 - 30C. This is the best time of year in my opinion as, because of the shape of the island and the prevailing wind from the north, there is always a cooling back draught on to the coasts of the south and west.

Apart from the 'occasional' Calima and Scirroco events, The Canary Islands are cooler in the summer than the Mediterranean countries. So much so, that a lot of people from Mainland Spain holiday here, to get away from the extreme temperatures in the main Cities.it wasn't a calima but we were told they were record temperatures for that time of year, bob and jess at redarrow said it got up 39 on their balcony:crazy:,i know it was either may or it could have been october??? oh well i know that the weather in south tenerife can be really unpredictable, but you are right it is normally between 26-30:wink:

chifleta
10-02-2013, 21:13
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpktBGInl60

:devil2::swimming::surfer::paragliding:

Harmonicaman
10-02-2013, 21:58
Mid to high 20s and occasionally just over. It's just right!

canarybird
10-02-2013, 22:08
Here's a link to the June weather (http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/showthread.php?524-Current-weather-in-North-Tenerife-reported-by-Forum-Members-June-2011&highlight=Weather+north+tenerife+June+2011) day by day in 2011 on North Tenerife.