PDA

View Full Version : Other Pebble Beach, Amarilla Golf, apartment owners thread.

Kinney61
11-02-2013, 14:55
We are popping back (hurrah!) for our first AGM as new owners. We did not
Get a chance to meet other owners on our last trip, due to being mega
Busy. Are any others going to AGM and if so, do you meet up anywhere for drinks afterwards?

karinagal
11-02-2013, 15:16
Unfortunately, the AGM is a bit too close to Easter for me to make it.. I'll be giving my proxy vote to the president.. Enjoy!

Kinney61
11-02-2013, 21:40
Ah' shame - maybe another time.

slodgedad
11-02-2013, 22:24
We are popping back (hurrah!) for our first AGM as new owners. We did not
Get a chance to meet other owners on our last trip, due to being mega
Busy. Are any others going to AGM and if so, do you meet up anywhere for drinks afterwards?

I have changed the title and made the Pebble Beach owners thread a sticky.

Kinney61
12-02-2013, 10:07
Great, thanks

phil84
16-06-2013, 22:21
Hi

I was just wondering if anyone could tell how much community fee's are generally in apartment blocks, I have been looking at a property in scorpio but was just wondering how much the monthly outgoings would be, elec, tv, internet, community fees. I currently live in England and can pretty much afford the mortgage etc but don't want to miscalculate and leave myself short.

Thanyou for reading

Phil

karinagal
16-06-2013, 22:48
Hi

I was just wondering if anyone could tell how much community fee's are generally in apartment blocks, I have been looking at a property in scorpio but was just wondering how much the monthly outgoings would be, elec, tv, internet, community fees. I currently live in England and can pretty much afford the mortgage etc but don't want to miscalculate and leave myself short.

Thanyou for reading

Phil

Phil, for a one bedroom poolside apartment in Scorpio, I pay just under €500 every six months in community fees. English TV channels are included in that cost. You could possibly get up to 3mb broadband with Europa for @ €20 a month, I pay more through
Telefonica. I can't give you realistic electricity and water charges as I'm usually only there for 2 weeks at a time..

phil84
16-06-2013, 23:57
Hi Karina

Thankyou very much or the response, very helpful. Is the community fees a sort of council tax, as in collection of waste etc or is there separate costs for that too?

On a separate note, how do you like the apartments and the area itself? Any info is much appreciated

Thanks Again

Phil

karinagal
17-06-2013, 00:15
Hi Karina

Thankyou very much or the response, very helpful. Is the community fees a sort of council tax, as in collection of waste etc or is there separate costs for that too?

On a separate note, how do you like the apartments and the area itself? Any info is much appreciated

Thanks Again

Phil

The community fees cover the upkeep of the outside of the property and the communal areas. Basura (rubbish) and town hall rates (council tax) are separate. I love it there.. I frequently holiday alone there and have lots of good friends around me. It's also handy having the pool bar so close!! :D

phil84
17-06-2013, 00:29
Sounds and looks amazing. Do you mind me asking how much those charges are? I've budgeted for about 2000euros total including the community fees and internet etc, plus the mortgage repayments. Are there rules in scorpio regarding letting friends and family stay? a friend of mine said sometimes if a complex is classed as residential then other people shouldn't really stay? :-/

slodgedad
17-06-2013, 00:53
Sounds and looks amazing. Do you mind me asking how much those charges are? I've budgeted for about 2000euros total including the community fees and internet etc, plus the mortgage repayments. Are there rules in scorpio regarding letting friends and family stay? a friend of mine said sometimes if a complex is classed as residential then other people shouldn't really stay? :-/
If you have an hour to spare read THIS (http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/showthread.php?23-The-Tenerife-illegal-lettings-thread) thread

karinagal
17-06-2013, 12:44
If you have an hour to spare read THIS (http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/showthread.php?23-The-Tenerife-illegal-lettings-thread) thread

An hour? More like a day.....

karinagal
17-06-2013, 12:47

Basura: @€45 twice a year
Town hall: @€145 per year

karinagal
17-06-2013, 12:48
Meant to say - my family frequently use my apartment. So often in fact that they're almost as well known there as I am!!!

princessmonika
17-06-2013, 13:19
dont forget the annual none resident tax

phil84
17-06-2013, 13:30
I actually skmimed over that thread yesterday which is why I raised the questions on here. Still not 100% what correct/incorrect, am i right in thinking i could buy it and let my family use is but if more than 3/4 different couples visit per year, people on the complex will not be happy. or is it fine so long as its not 'let' or charged for people staying?

I just want to make sure i pick the right place because its my life savings and if i'm the only one who can visit its gonna be a struggle.
Thanks for the basura and and townhall charges, they seem very reasonable.

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

dont forget the annual none resident tax

is this roughly 250 euro per month? for less than £100,000 place?

princessmonika
17-06-2013, 13:38
i have a 2 bed place--- ALL CHARGES for the year -- including car and all insurance and taxes it cost me -- per month 380.00 euro-

karinagal
17-06-2013, 13:54
The non residents tax is dependant on the value of your property - I think mine was under €300 for the year....

Kinney61
13-08-2013, 08:43
I actually skmimed over that thread yesterday which is why I raised the questions on here. Still not 100% what correct/incorrect, am i right in thinking i could buy it and let my family use is but if more than 3/4 different couples visit per year, people on the complex will not be happy. or is it fine so long as its not 'let' or charged for people staying?

I just want to make sure i pick the right place because its my life savings and if i'm the only one who can visit its gonna be a struggle.
Thanks for the basura and and townhall charges, they seem very reasonable.

is this roughly 250 euro per month? for less than £100,000 place?

Re the amount of visitors you have, there is no written fixed time that you family/friends can stay. I guess it is simply a case of not abusing the flexibility, and not trying to rent out and pretend they are family!! My neighbour have family and friends in her apartment up to six months a year on and off and this doesn't appear to cause any problems for them.

Amarilla Golf is beautiful, you will love it here!

jack oakley
13-08-2013, 11:50
Most of the complex's on Amarilla Golf are 'residential' which means you can rent your property on a 'long let', ie: 6 months or more and allow 'limited' use by 'friends & family' for shorter periods. Fairways Club resort in Pebble Beach has a 'holiday let' licence, meaning if you owned a property there you could let it weekly to different holiday makers to subsidise the purchase if you are buying by mortgage or using it as a business venture. The residential law was originally designed to protect your neighbours from regularly being woken at all times of night from holiday makers arriving dragging cases and making the usual arrival noise that holiday makers make. That law has been very conveniently adapted by the Spanish authorities to favour Hotels who lose revenue to apartment owners who were and still are using their properties for 'holiday lets', this has now developed into a money making witch hunt by the authorities who levy heavy fines against owners who are using residential properties for holiday letting. How can they find out and how can they prove that the people were not 'friends & family'?, if they suspect they have 'inspectors' who pose as holiday makers and sit around swimming pools asking presumably innocent questions such as ... "is the apartment your staying in nice, and how much have you paid for it" ?. They also have the authority to check your water and electricity usage, they know by your passport details when you were in the country and roughly how much water and electricity you use whilst there, if the same amount is being used when you're not there then they summise that it is being used and it is up to you to prove that it was either a long let (showing the contract) or whether it was friends and family but they are not daft so you have to be very very carefull if you are going to flaunt or break the law. Many owners on Pebble Beach were (some still are) using their properties for holiday letting, it really won't be long before they are caught as I know the area has been targeted, if they are the fines are very heavy and they inform the tax authorities both on the Island AND in the U.K. that undeclared income is being generated from those properties.

curlytop
13-08-2013, 12:38
Watch out for burglars on Amarilla Golf, they're at work again so security is paramount here.

megsdad
13-08-2013, 13:20
Watch out for burglars on Amarilla Golf, they're at work again so security is paramount here.

as opposed to Los Christianos etc. which is as safe as the Bank of England

Most of the complex's on Amarilla Golf are 'residential' which means you can rent your property on a 'long let', ie: 6 months or more and allow 'limited' use by 'friends & family' for shorter periods. Fairways Club resort in Pebble Beach has a 'holiday let' licence, meaning if you owned a property there you could let it weekly to different holiday makers to subsidise the purchase if you are buying by mortgage or using it as a business venture. The residential law was originally designed to protect your neighbours from regularly being woken at all times of night from holiday makers arriving dragging cases and making the usual arrival noise that holiday makers make. That law has been very conveniently adapted by the Spanish authorities to favour Hotels who lose revenue to apartment owners who were and still are using their properties for 'holiday lets', this has now developed into a money making witch hunt by the authorities who levy heavy fines against owners who are using residential properties for holiday letting. How can they find out and how can they prove that the people were not 'friends & family'?, if they suspect they have 'detectives' who pose as holiday makers and sit around swimming pools asking presumably innocent questions such as ... "is the apartment your staying in nice, and how much have you paid for it" ?. They also have the authority to check your water and electricity usage, they know by your passport details when you were in the country and roughly how much water and electricity you use whilst there, if the same amount is being used when you're not there then they summise that it is being used and it is up to you to prove that it was either a long let (showing the contract) or whether it was friends and family but they are not daft so you have to be very very carefull if you are going to flaunt or break the law. Many owners on Pebble Beach were (some still are) using their properties for holiday letting, it really won't be long before they are caught as I know the area has been targeted, if they are the fines are very heavy and they inform the tax authorities both on the Island AND in the U.K. that undeclared income is being generated from those properties.

Detectives posing as holidaymakers? lol, where do they hide their holsters? No wonder there are desperate burglars roaming the resorts at random when the local plod are slapping on the factor 15 lounging around pools!!!!!!!!

jack oakley
13-08-2013, 15:19
as opposed to Los Christianos etc. which is as safe as the Bank of England

Detectives posing as holidaymakers? lol, where do they hide their holsters? No wonder there are desperate burglars roaming the resorts at random when the local plod are slapping on the factor 15 lounging around pools!!!!!!!!

Figure of speech Megs dad, should have said 'inspectors' and not 'detectives', sorry... but pleased it made you laugh.

curlytop
13-08-2013, 17:18
Figure of speech Megs dad, should have said 'inspectors' and not 'detectives', sorry... but pleased it made you laugh.

Obviously he turned over on his sunbed and showed us his sarcastic side :c2:
I was only offering a bit of advice which related to the title of the thread - I'm well aware that sadly nowadays nowhere is safe, but people (particularly non residents) think that because of its quiet location, Amarilla Golf is a safer place. That's all.

dotty1
14-08-2013, 08:55
Well seeing as you need a token to sit at our pool on Scorpio inspectors, will not be sat inside that area. Maybe they could have a few at the bar,

Kinney61
14-08-2013, 14:03
Well seeing as you need a token to sit at our pool on Scorpio inspectors, will not be sat inside that area. Maybe they could have a few at the bar,

Glad you mentioned that the token business had started! I assume we pick them up at the community office? We are owners but hadn't been told that the tokens had been produced, only that they were going to do it sometime.

karinagal
14-08-2013, 14:32
Glad you mentioned that the token business had started! I assume we pick them up at the community office? We are owners but hadn't been told that the tokens had been produced, only that they were going to do it sometime.

Yes - you get two tokens only. If you lose one, you have to pay for a replacement and the lost one gets de-activated..

Kinney61
14-08-2013, 22:12
Yes - you get two tokens only. If you lose one, you have to pay for a replacement and the lost one gets de-activated..

Thanks will make sure to pick them up next visit.