PDA

View Full Version : Cars & Transport Is a mobility grant available in Tenerife?

caretenerife
11-02-2013, 22:00
I was asked today if it is possible to get a mobility vehicle grant in tenerife, similar to the UK where you can get a specially adapted vehicle with the help of government funding, does anyone know? And if so how to get it
Thanks

Balcony
12-02-2013, 15:09
Not meaning to be sarcastic , but in a country not known for it's social care you want a freebie....?

caretenerife
12-02-2013, 21:48
no it was for someone who has paid into the system here and wasnt really expecting a freebie, but maybe some assistance

timmylish
13-02-2013, 01:17
no it was for someone who has paid into the system here and wasnt really expecting a freebie, but maybe some assistance

There must be something 'cause a couple of years ago, not long after being made "incapcidad permanent" a mechanic the Ford garage mentioned to us that if the new car was to be bought by me, as an individual, then a further discount paid for by the Govt. could be applied to the purchase. Now that was fantastic but only if I had sufficient funds to buy the new car without finance since, of course, the bank would not finance me whilst not working! So a vicous circle if I,ve ever seen one. Presumably here the families get to-gether to fund the purchase of a new vehicle and then get this refund distributed between those who had contributed! I don,t know the amount as this depended on the level of disability, as usual.