PDA

View Full Version : Meteorite shower causes panic in Russia

Malteser Monkey
15-02-2013, 11:33
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2279020/It-like-scene-Armageddon-movie-More-500-people-injured-buildings-smashed-Russian-mobile-network-wiped-meteorite-shower-causes-widespread-panic.html

Wow Watch the videos down the page !

tonythorne
15-02-2013, 12:11
See my post in ASTRONOMY ... today's the day folks..!

TOTO 99
15-02-2013, 12:17
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2279020/It-like-scene-Armageddon-movie-More-500-people-injured-buildings-smashed-Russian-mobile-network-wiped-meteorite-shower-causes-widespread-panic.html

Wow Watch the videos down the page !

All I've had this morning is Mayans pointing and laughing at me...:laugh:

Malteser Monkey
15-02-2013, 12:18
See my post in ASTRONOMY ... today's the day folks..!

Where's that - can't find it

All I've had this morning is Mayans pointing and laughing at me...:laugh:

Had to google that :tongue:

TOTO 99
15-02-2013, 12:22
Where's that - can't find it

Had to google that :tongue:

You can only read Tony's thread through a telescope..:laugh:

Malteser Monkey
15-02-2013, 12:23
You can only read Tony's thread through a telescope..:laugh:

:laugh::laugh:

I found it - did a search

timmylish
16-02-2013, 01:03
I worked in this area for one and half years in 1997/98 and believe me if this chunk of rock had hit one of the previously working nuclear reactor and establishments it would have caused hell on earth. I know what I,m talking about because just living in that area (Yekaterinburg) I devolped radiation sickness, as a couple of members on here know, and it was also the area that the US spy plane was shot down on 1st May, 1960 (Gary Powers). You don,t have to have a vivid imagination to wonder why the US wanted photographic info of the establishments in the Sverdlovsk (original Soviet name for the area). I also married there and the in-laws and other relatives had worked in various nuclear sites. I was shocked when I first heard the reports to-day.
Just goes to show how humans are entirely helpless when at the fate of such incidents. Remember what got rid of dinosaurs!