PDA

View Full Version : Extras in film work.

marbro8
15-02-2013, 22:07
has any one ever looked into or thought of becoming an extra in film or tv work? i looked on the internet the other night and you can earn quite a good wage, i think it ranges from about £60-£120 a day depending on what you do, and you get to meet some of your hero's, i was reading about some one on set with gregor fisher, and traditionally the stars get fed first, but gregor went over to the food van grabbed a large earn of soup and took it over to the extras and said "you must be as hungry as us why should you wait for your food just because you are extras" bless him a true gentleman :wink:

TOTO 99
16-02-2013, 08:31
has any one ever looked into or thought of becoming an extra in film or tv work? i looked on the internet the other night and you can earn quite a good wage, i think it ranges from about £60-£120 a day depending on what you do, and you get to meet some of your hero's, i was reading about some one on set with gregor fisher, and traditionally the stars get fed first, but gregor went over to the food van grabbed a large earn of soup and took it over to the extras and said "you must be as hungry as us why should you wait for your food just because you are extras" bless him a true gentleman :wink:

There's an opening just come available in Kevin Webster's garage if you're interested mate?..:laugh:

9PLUS
16-02-2013, 10:01
i think it ranges from about £60-£120 a day depending on what you do, and you get to meet some of your hero's

Forest Gump II ?

marbro8
16-02-2013, 10:14
There's an opening just come available in Kevin Webster's garage if you're interested mate?..:laugh::lol::lol::lol:............

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Forest Gump II ?:lol::lol::lol: i aint that intelligent :wink:

9PLUS
16-02-2013, 13:40
:lol::lol::lol: i aint that intelligent :wink:

Never has there been such truth on this forum, I concur.

Malteser Monkey
16-02-2013, 13:47
Never has there been such truth on this forum, I concur.

Saturday night fever ?

I know we said we'd leave but I can't help myself 9plus:cheeky:

I'm sure the lads here now would have appreciated that joke:spin:

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

There's an opening just come available in Kevin Webster's garage if you're interested mate?..:laugh:

Good one again - my you're on form !

Rickiebear
16-02-2013, 21:03
Hi, yes, my wife and I were extras on Sky's The Cafe, with Ralph Little, as well as being paid we had great fun.

russell
17-02-2013, 00:07
can anybody recommend a good agency to work for as i am interested in doing extra work.

Rickiebear
17-02-2013, 08:43
Hi, I know of one in Bristol, but would be very interested to know if there is one in Tenerife for English speakers.

marbro8
17-02-2013, 12:36
Hi, I know of one in Bristol, but would be very interested to know if there is one in Tenerife for English speakers.they used a lot of islanders for a film they shot there a couple of years ago, i can't remember what it was now? i think it was clash of the titans? and they where shooting 2 fast 2 furious last year in october, the taxi driver took us round to show us on the way to tfs 1:wink: