PDA

View Full Version : Internet Can anyone recommend a good internet package in Tenerife?

little voice
11-01-2013, 14:51
I have just recently got an ipad nexus 7 and wondered if theres any monthly internet connection you can do to make free calls from and have unlimited internet

Tickey
11-01-2013, 16:07
Has your I pad Nexus 7 got 3g? :D

Susief
11-01-2013, 16:58
Sorry but confused, is it an Ipad or Nexus 7? Can't have both!

I have the Nexus but it only picks up wifi

timmylish
12-01-2013, 02:02
Sorry but confused, is it an Ipad or Nexus 7? Can't have both!

I have the Nexus but it only picks up wifi

Aye but there is a 32 Gb + Mobile Date version.
As for free calls I presume you want to try to use this tablet as a phone? If you are the provider will do everything possible to prevent this!

little voice
12-01-2013, 17:33
my nexus 7 has 32 gb i think this is really good capacity for this

Susief
13-01-2013, 10:02
Aye but there is a 32 Gb + Mobile Date version.
As for free calls I presume you want to try to use this tablet as a phone? If you are the provider will do everything possible to prevent this!

Mine doesn't have the 3G capability.

If it does it has a flip out tray on the side!

Here is manual:
http://nexus7manual.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Google-Nexus-7-User-Manual-For-Android-4.1-Jerry-Bean-English.pdf

Steve 4
28-01-2013, 19:26
I have just recently got an ipad nexus 7 and wondered if theres any monthly internet connection you can do to make free calls from and have unlimited internet

Thanks for putting the question here, little voice. I'm interested in bundled packages of mobile phone (voice) AND 3G mobile broadband internet. If you find a good answer/solution to your question, give me a nudge.

bobferry
18-02-2013, 10:21
I have a dongal at the moment but was thinking of having Internet/phone installed can anyone please advise me where to get the best deal from???

bobferry
18-02-2013, 10:30
Can anyone recomend a good internet package
I have a dongal at the moment but was thinking of having Internet/phone installed can anyone please advise me where to get the best deal from

Happy Days
18-02-2013, 10:48
Hello Bob,

I have just moved to orange from Movistar. The only reason I moved was Movistar kept sneaking up the price... they would call with an offer an two bills later it had moved back up to around 45€ per month.

Have only been with Orange for a week. They have offer a basic package for one year 15.95€ plus line rental (so it total 32.95€). That includes all call to Spanish land lines, and free call to any Spanish mobile Monday to Friday from 8 in the evening till 8 in the morning (up to 1000 minutes). Also 300 minutes per month to UK land line numbers.

My internet connection has increased to 5meg from 3meg, but that depends on location.

Can't tell you if I’m happy with it as it's only been a week. But Movistar (telefonica) told me may times that at 3meg I was at the maximum. Also the ping is about 30% better.

Megaloo
18-02-2013, 23:52
Hello Bob,

I have just moved to orange from Movistar. The only reason I moved was Movistar kept sneaking up the price... they would call with an offer an two bills later it had moved back up to around 45€ per month.

Have only been with Orange for a week. They have offer a basic package for one year 15.95€ plus line rental (so it total 32.95€). That includes all call to Spanish land lines, and free call to any Spanish mobile Monday to Friday from 8 in the evening till 8 in the morning (up to 1000 minutes). Also 300 minutes per month to UK land line numbers.

My internet connection has increased to 5meg from 3meg, but that depends on location.

Can't tell you if I’m happy with it as it's only been a week. But Movistar (telefonica) told me may times that at 3meg I was at the maximum. Also the ping is about 30% better.

Funny enough I have just changed in the opposite direction,I was with Ya (now orange) I was with them for 9 years but after Orange took over the customer service went down.
As a long loyal customer I was paying 35euros a month plus line rental. So that was about 50 euros month I now pay about 40 . But speed I was hoping to get more but still only get 2.56mgm so the same as with Orange

timmylish
19-02-2013, 00:19
Wwell we are with telefonica and have been for a couple of years. Pay about 34 euros for line, adsl and freebie w/end calls to mobiles and of course free land line calls in Spain. We get about 8 or so mgps sometimes even 9 so we are very happy! Have had no problems at all and since they own the lines I would imagine Telefonica clients get superior serice if there are line problems.

timmylish
19-02-2013, 00:22
I have a dongal at the moment but was thinking of having Internet/phone installed can anyone please advise me where to get the best deal from???

See my reply on the other thread asking about telephone deals!

slodgedad
19-02-2013, 00:52
See my reply on the other thread asking about telephone deals!

I have erged the threads as they are both basically the same

villa.krg
24-02-2013, 18:31
hi,
I suggest you two sim cards, one for internet (carrefour) and one for phone calls (pepephone).
if you have no china-phone (because you can always work simultaneously with 2 sim), then there are adapters for 2 sim cards (for i ...)
regards kruger

Taylor
24-02-2013, 19:20
Can anyone recomend a good internet package
I have a dongal at the moment but was thinking of having Internet/phone installed can anyone please advise me where to get the best deal from

try here they have various packages to suit your needs....good service hassle free http://www.direct-telecom.es/