PDA

View Full Version : Other Monarch Flt ex Manchester today,19th Feb, is being diverted to Tenerife North

Andrzej
18-02-2013, 17:46
I have just tried to book in on line for tomorrow's Monarch flight ZB568 from Manchester that should arrive at Tenerife South at 17.25 and noticed that the screen showed that it was to land at the North airport. I contacted Monarch and this was confirmed that it was as the result of disruptions caused by the Iberia strikes.
I have been assured that there will be buses to transfer us back to Tenerife South free of charge, but of course the arrival time there is unknown....

Wish us luck!

kingbaker
18-02-2013, 18:02
I have just tried to book in on line for tomorrow's Monarch flight ZB568 from Manchester that should arrive at Tenerife South at 17.25 and noticed that the screen showed that it was to land at the North airport. I contacted Monarch and this was confirmed that it was as the result of disruptions caused by the Iberia strikes.
I have been assured that there will be buses to transfer us back to Tenerife South free of charge, but of course the arrival time there is unknown....

Wish us luck!

It's a nice trip by bus or coach so enjoy it. About 6.5 hours (only joking)....

probs about 1.5 hours plus farting around time at airport (luggage etc.)

Please sit up in the front of the aircraft on the left and look-out for the

Ladies washing line, after the big hill that you just miss, just before

touchdown. If this scares you, you could always give your ticket to MEEEEE!!!!

Enjoy!!:lol::lol::lol:

marbro8
18-02-2013, 18:16
It's a nice trip by bus or coach so enjoy it. About 6.5 hours (only joking)....

probs about 1.5 hours plus farting around time at airport (luggage etc.)

Please sit up in the front of the aircraft on the left and look-out for the

Ladies washing line, after the big hill that you just miss, just before

touchdown. If this scares you, you could always give your ticket to MEEEEE!!!!

Enjoy!!:lol::lol::lol:6.5 hours!!!!:lol::lol::lol:, if i had been reading that bit my heart would have sunk until i saw the only joking bit:lol:
i know you say it's because of strikes by iberia and maybe monarch have no control over it? but it is things like that that spoil the start of your hols:mad:, you look forward to the 20 mins transfer and then get told you have a 1.5 hour transfer? that's why we no longer use them, i wonder if it is affecting any other airline or just them? will be interesting to see if anyone else flying with another airline could let us know:wink:

Andrzej
18-02-2013, 18:22
Luckily I will only have hand luggage, but I suppose I will have to wait for the ones with hold luggage. My seat is booked and is on the right hand side of the plane and near the front, but the "big hill" does worry me, but not enough to give up my seat....sorry!

kingbaker
18-02-2013, 18:57
Luckily I will only have hand luggage, but I suppose I will have to wait for the ones with hold luggage. My seat is booked and is on the right hand side of the plane and near the front, but the "big hill" does worry me, but not enough to give up my seat....sorry!

I don't know Andrzej ..... might be toooooo scary for you ya might as well

give me your ticket and you could wait till everything settles down. There's

often foggy weather at TFN.

If you check the Titsa bus website here's a bus that leaves TFN airport regularly and goes to TFS

it may be quicker if you have only hand luggage.........worth checking!!!!:lol::lol::lol::hello:

Andrzej
18-02-2013, 19:08
I don't know Andrzej ..... might be toooooo scary for you ya might as well

give me your ticket and you could wait till everything settles down. There's

often foggy weather at TFN.

If you check the Titsa bus website here's a bus that leaves TFN airport regularly and goes to TFS

it may be quicker if you have only hand luggage.........worth checking!!!!:lol::lol::lol::hello:

.no chance Kingbaker, but thanks for the Titsa advice. Will certainly check it out especially if it may save me some time!

kingbaker
18-02-2013, 19:13
.no chance Kingbaker, but thanks for the Titsa advice. Will certainly check it out especially if it may save me some time!

Depending on the time-table, you might be half way TFS before the others even
get their luggage... because you're travelling COMMANDO (Hand Luggage Only)
Enjoy!!

garlicbread
18-02-2013, 23:50
The following copied from Monarch website 5 minutes ago if that's any help

If you have not already received an email regarding flights ZB278 and ZB279, please call our Contact Centre on 08719 405040. Opening hours are 08:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday and 09:00 to 17:30pm Saturday and Sunday (Calls cost 10p per minute other network charges may apply).

Tuesday 19 February
Flight ZB568 Manchester – Tenerife South, will now operate as MON568, departing Manchester at 13:00 and arriving in Tenerife NORTH at 17:25.
Flight ZB569 Tenerife South – Manchester, will now operate as MON569, departing Tenerife NORTH at 18:55 and arriving in Manchester at 23:20.
Monarch will be providing transfers to passengers on these flights between Tenerife South and Tenerife North.

All other flights are planned to operate as normal.

kingbaker
19-02-2013, 19:55
ANDRZEJ Should be in TFS by now

marbro8
19-02-2013, 20:08
ANDRZEJ Should be in TFS by nowyou didn't get his ticket then:laugh:

kingbaker
19-02-2013, 20:13
Nah!!!!! I tried my best tho.....but no joy. :c2:

TOTO 99
19-02-2013, 20:44
He's just got onto the transfer bus now..

warbey
19-02-2013, 22:10
ANDRZEJ Should be in TFS by now

Your memory is worse than Mine mate.

Should it be TFN ? T.T.F.N. .:wave::wave::tiphat::tiphat:

kingbaker
19-02-2013, 22:19

No .......landing in TFN at 5.30 and approximuchly 90 mins to get to TFS methinks

TOTO 99
20-02-2013, 08:27

He's got you on a technicallity there Warbs.......:laugh:

kingbaker
20-02-2013, 09:15
:doh:
He's got you on a technicallity there Warbs.......:laugh:

I meant to watch the flight coming in to land at TFN but I forgot:dontknow::whistle:

karinagal
20-02-2013, 12:12
Is Monarch the only airline that's being affected by this strike? I'm not seeing any mention of it on the Ryanair website and we fly on Friday..

warbey
20-02-2013, 20:49
No .......landing in TFN at 5.30 and approximuchly 90 mins to get to TFS methinks

On a further Techni wotsits.

He wont be IN Tfs, rather Outside..Where's that blarney stone.? .:lol::lol::tiphat:

kingbaker
20-02-2013, 21:43
On a further Techni wotsits.

He wont be IN Tfs, rather Outside..Where's that blarney stone.? .:lol::lol::tiphat:

Methinks the 111 bus stop is IN THE AIRPORT as in 'on airport property'...... not

necessarily in the terminal building. This might be illegal..you hair-splitting git!!!!:lol::scared: