PDA

View Full Version : Shopping Where can I buy an oven shelf in Tenerife?

craftycarder
19-02-2013, 13:47
Does anyone know where I can get a spare shelf for my oven please

Suej
19-02-2013, 13:50
Does anyone know where I can get a spare shelf for my oven please

There used to be a shop that sold oven shelves (Adjustable) next to Bananas cafe bar in Los Cris! Valdes centre. Sorry not sure if it is still there! Deutsche Bank and a new Dentist also on the same stretch.

junglejim
19-02-2013, 14:40
There used to be a shop that sold oven shelves (Adjustable) next to Bananas cafe bar in Los Cris! Valdes centre. Sorry not sure if it is still there! Deutsche Bank and a new Dentist also on the same stretch.
Was it REELCA across from bus stop ?
Pinot down from bus station may do them as well as Ferreteria .

casabonny
19-02-2013, 14:56
Yes thats the one, I bought one there.

Suej
19-02-2013, 15:23
Was it REELCA across from bus stop ?
Pinot down from bus station may do them as well as Ferreteria .

My friend tried Pinot's but they didn't sell them (not at the time she was looking)

tfs_longlets
19-02-2013, 16:03
REELCA definitely sell them. A bit pricey though. About €25+ if memory serves. The are one size fits all adjustable.

In Los Cristianos, opposite the San Marino bus stops. In Edificio Eden, part of what is usually known as 'The Valdes Centre'.

Between the El Gomeran Restaurant and the Caja Canarias Bank.

Jose, Eduardo and Carlos all have a go at speaking English.

deepdivejunkie
20-02-2013, 00:18
Hosteleria Trebol in Las Chafiras may well sell them. Take the make and model number of your oven with you if you go.

craftycarder
20-02-2013, 10:32
Thanks everybody, will be trying these to see if i can get one.

karinagal
20-02-2013, 12:08
Me too - I'm so glad you raised this question CC, but can anyone tell me why the ovens don't come with more than one as standard?

Suej
20-02-2013, 12:11
Me too - I'm so glad you raised this question CC, but can anyone tell me why the ovens don't come with more than one as standard?

Yeah! blady pain that is! I took a shelf out of my old oven to use in my new one! by luck it fitted OK! Just a Spanish thing Karina!:wink:

primrose
20-02-2013, 12:11
Do all ovens come with a solid shelf or can you get the one's with bars like they have in England. SueJ I have often wondered why only 1 shelf I do thinks in bulk to potion up to put in freezer and it would save so much electric to be able to put two different things in at once.

Suej
20-02-2013, 13:04
Do all ovens come with a solid shelf or can you get the one's with bars like they have in England. SueJ I have often wondered why only 1 shelf I do thinks in bulk to potion up to put in freezer and it would save so much electric to be able to put two different things in at once.

The one my friend got was an adjustable rack type one (Bars) with my new oven I got a solid tray type and only one with bars but wanted a second rack type one so took the one out of my old oven. I'm not sure whether the solid one is supposed to be the grill pan! The shop in LC deffo have them primrose but as someone has already said I don't think they are cheap! If the OP gets one hopefully she will let us know how much!:wink:

primrose
20-02-2013, 13:20
The one my friend got was an adjustable rack type one (Bars) with my new oven I got a solid tray type and only one with bars but wanted a second rack type one so took the one out of my old oven. I'm not sure whether the solid one is supposed to be the grill pan! The shop in LC deffo have them primrose but as someone has already said I don't think they are cheap! If the OP gets one hopefully she will let us know how much!:wink:

Thanks Suej, even if they are expensive I would soon save what they cost on electricity.Every oven I have ever had has only had 1 solid tray, much prefer the rack type. Also does anybody know where to buy a wire cooling rack for cakes, looked all over but can't find one.:)

Suej
20-02-2013, 13:28
Thanks Suej, even if they are expensive I would soon save what they cost on electricity.Every oven I have ever had has only had 1 solid tray, much prefer the rack type. Also does anybody know where to buy a wire cooling rack for cakes, looked all over but can't find one.:)

That shop might sell the cooling racks too! I feel sure I have seen them somewhere but can't think where!:doh: Have you looked in the bigger Todos? Pinot's? As for the oven rack/shelf I don't know why but I have a figure of around 25€ in my head!

Brian
20-02-2013, 14:02
We bought these during a visit to the UK, another option.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B006099K06

karinagal
20-02-2013, 14:57
Superb - I've ordered 2.. Won't get them in time for this trip, but I'm back over at Easter. If anyone else wants me to bring some out, let me know.

craftycarder
21-02-2013, 12:40
Sent you a pm