PDA

View Full Version : Business Chat What licenses would I need to do photos and keyfobs in Los Cristianos?

von1
23-02-2013, 14:33
Hi i am thinking locating to the los christianos area
i am a photographer ie holiday photographs,key fobs etc
what would i need to take photographs of tourists on holiday
ie permission ,licence,?

von1

marbro8
24-02-2013, 12:56
ie permission ,licence,?

von1hi von1 welcome to the forum:hello: you probably would need some form of licence? but tbh it doesn't seem to bother all the other many traders in and around los cris/las americas? the likes of the looky looky men, chinese,beggars,pr's, all of which are illegal :wink: so if i were you i would just go ahead and do it until some one comes along and tells you not to, but i wouldn't hold your breath:lol:

Malteser Monkey
24-02-2013, 13:42
ie permission ,licence,?

von1

Von1 better just mention it's Cristianos no H

Good luck and welcome from me

von1
24-02-2013, 18:41
Hi thanks for the info, sorry about the h

Kind regards von1

Margaretta
02-03-2013, 21:11
Hi Von,
Welcome.
Sounds like you really want to create a profitable and flourishing business? I think you should do some research at the Cultural Centre and the police station first of all. Is there a supplier in Tenerife? How quickly do you produce results? Think about having a stall in the market or affiliating yourself to a camera shop to start with. Quality is very important and you don't want your equipment confiscated or have a heavy fine to pay. What if you work from your new home? Best to find out if there are regulations about this and not wander and hide like a looky looky.

von1
02-03-2013, 21:51
Hi Margeretta, Thanks for the information
will the cultural centre/police station give me details in english?

Many thanks for your response

Von1

KirstyJay
03-03-2013, 02:06
will the cultural centre/police station give me details in english?

I doubt it, as this is Spain. Try taking a translator with you if you need help understanding. :)

TF1
03-03-2013, 14:38
You need a street vendor license for each municipality you wish to work in. Without one you risk getting fined and your merchandise held. These licenses are currently not being granted for some reason, so I suggest that you stay with market stalls, etc.

Muppet
03-03-2013, 15:45
You need a street vendor license for each municipality you wish to work in. Without one you risk getting fined and your merchandise held. These licenses are currently not being granted for some reason, so I suggest that you stay with market stalls, etc.

And you would need to be legal in terms of tax and NI payments - gonna have to sell one hell of a lot of key-fobs !!

von1
03-03-2013, 19:18
Hi thanks for info could you point me where to apply for a licence?

many Thanks Von1

mary
06-03-2013, 00:05
As I understand it, if you are self-employed, you would need to pay around 250€ a month just in Social Security. As Muppet says, that really is a lot of key rings.

TF1
06-03-2013, 09:25
These are issued (or not) by the town halls.

kiwiphil
07-05-2013, 00:00
Do a business plan. Pretend you are going to operate this business in say Brighton or Blackpool. And go to the bank and try and get a loan for say £10k. I know you might not need the money but having them pick over your plan will give you a good insight into how watertight it is.

Maybe forget all the rules and just give it a go for a couple of weeks and see how you go before you invest in becoming official.

Good luck!

slodgedad
07-05-2013, 00:03
There are quite a few that do this kind of thing as a part time enterprise, no paperwork etc.

Even they cannot make a living out of it without another job