View Full Version : Paperwork What papers do I need for cheaper travel to La Gomera?

24-02-2013, 13:07
Hi what papers do I need to get cheaper travel to La Gomera.

I have a residencia

Sandr X

24-02-2013, 14:03
A certificado de empadromiento from the town hall + passport.

24-02-2013, 16:57
we went and just showed are green residencia

25-02-2013, 10:02
we went and just showed are green residencia

Since September 1st 2012 the residencia card has not been accepted, a law was passed requiring an up to date certificado. This applies to Spanish nationality travelers as well. Airlines and ferries can and will reject the discount without one. Apparently the change of law was passed by the Madrid government to reduce fraud.???

25-02-2013, 10:22
Apparently the change of law was passed by the Madrid government to reduce fraud.???

Yes to reduce fraud with the 50% paid (resident discount) via the Government, what was happening in a nutshell is some connected people and travel agents were upping the price of flights and splitting the different with their friends or just booking people onto flights and they never turned up for it or even knew anything about it.

i.e flight to Madrid, normal cost "€100" but for certain people that would rise to €500 or even higher......... I don't have to explain any more do I ?

25-02-2013, 10:46
But what's that got to do with someone booking with a residencia card as opposed to a certificado? The type of fraud you describe could be carried out with both types of document. I was told by somebody in the Balearic government that it was because some ex-residents of the islands who had relocated to the mainland had kept their previous address on their residencia, hence still benefiting from the 50%.
Both the Balearic and Canarian governments are protesting the move, as it is adding costs to town halls who now have to administer these.

25-02-2013, 11:17
Think about it for a minute.

25-02-2013, 11:28
I just did. Still can't see how someone fraudulently booking with someone else's residencia is different from someone fraudulently booking with someone else's certificado. If a dodgy travel agent had details of either, the same false booking could be made. Both need photo ID, and both are cross checked exactly the same way by airport staff.

25-02-2013, 14:38
So I just need to go to the Town hall and get a certificate x

25-02-2013, 14:47
Yes, assuming you have previously registered yourself there. Don't forget your passport at the ferry terminal to validate your certificado.
PS; Armas have extended their "7€ to any island" deal until March the 18th.:wink: