PDA

View Full Version : Other Gold Arabic type necklace ripped off ladies neck

Madre
24-02-2013, 18:41
If anyone gets offered this type of necklace it was ripped off a lady in her 70s today as she was walking with her husband between Las Galletas and the Lighthouse. They were unhurt but she is very upset. Please be careful walking anywhere quiet even in daylight. I think the necklace spelt her name in Arabic.

The guy looked to be in his 50s and was thought to be Spanish. Thankyou for reading.

rosemary
24-02-2013, 19:18
This is bad bad news. It is what happens in countries poverty is rife and where people have become desperate. One must now become more aware and not wear expensive jewellery on full display. So sad.

marbro8
24-02-2013, 19:34
This is bad bad news. It is what happens in countries poverty is rife and where people have become desperate. One must now become more aware and not wear expensive jewellery on full display. So sad.my wife must have thousands of pounds worth of jewellery but it all goes in the safe before we come away, and we buy cheap stuff from the airport just for something to wear:wink:

TF1
25-02-2013, 10:08
If anyone gets offered this type of necklace it was ripped off a lady in her 70s today as she was walking with her husband between Las Galletas and the Lighthouse. They were unhurt but she is very upset. Please be careful walking anywhere quiet even in daylight. I think the necklace spelt her name in Arabic.

The guy looked to be in his 50s and was thought to be Spanish. Thankyou for reading.

I hope your friend is OK, and that she reported this. It is doubtful that the culprit was Spanish, most offenders are from Morocco or Eastern Europe.

Margaretta
25-02-2013, 10:58
Marbro8, you are about to acquire lots more wives!!;)

So very sorry for this poor lady for the shock element as well as losing something she really cares about. Also shocking that on that interesting footpath to the nature reserve she was accosted.
All over the island there is cheap, attractive jewellery for sale. Metal is also very hot against the skin in high temperatures so natural, semi-precious or manufactured stones are better for the climate and suit the type of clothes you may wear there. Please, please visitors, support the island by buying your jewellery there...your holiday treat. It is very imaginative, distinctive, inexpensive, colourful and so very different to a lot that you will find in the UK. Do leave your expensive bling behind.

here's hoping that the necklace is discovered and the culprit sorted.

chifleta
25-02-2013, 12:35
I hope they reported it and hope she's ok....

You just never know how you'd react in that situation... I'm actually shocked, when I shouldn't be. It's such a lovely walk and there are normally always plenty of people walking or fishing or jogging... this barstuard needs catching ASAP - i've walked on my own along there to meet up with OH, although I do keep an eye out for wierdos as I know they are everywhere.

I think, like someone said above, keep your jewellery to a minimum or hidden for the time being because these gits don't care who they hurt :( and they definately go for the older more vulnerable type.

gypsymartha
10-03-2013, 12:56
the spanish seem to be honest i would say morrocon or maybe romanian so sorry must have been upseting

Madre
10-03-2013, 15:13
What I found out after was that he asked them if they were enjoying their holiday and they smiled and thanked him and then he did that !

chifleta
10-03-2013, 15:43
What I found out after was that he asked them if they were enjoying their holiday and they smiled and thanked him and then he did that !

slimy nasty piece of work.... grrrr makes me mad

Marianne
10-03-2013, 16:17
the spanish seem to be honest i would say morrocon or maybe romanian so sorry must have been upseting

Upsetting indeed, as we've done that walk many times and would not have thought it dangerous at all.

But honestly - no need for coming up with those stereotypes about Morrocans and Romanians, surely (:

Chivas Regal
10-03-2013, 16:32

thats a strange thing to say! "the Spanish" There are millions of them and surely some are not so honest!

rosemary
10-03-2013, 16:34
It could have been anyone from anywhere. What one has to keep in mind I think is that one shouldn't wear valuable jewellry anywhere on the planet these days whithout being prepared to be mugged or robbed.

Wear a smile instead. It's cheaper as well as looking better.

shushy
11-03-2013, 20:03
Upsetting indeed, as we've done that walk many times and would not have thought it dangerous at all.

But honestly - no need for coming up with those stereotypes about Morrocans and Romanians, surely (:

Its a fact not stereotype ..romanians and morrocans do commit a lot of robbery's and crime in tenerife!!! they are desperate..

Marianne
11-03-2013, 20:07
Yes, i know - but you can't just go around assuming that they would be responsible in each and every case, surely. With 50% unemployment in Spain, the Spanish are getting desperate too - so care is due.

shushy
11-03-2013, 20:19
Yes, i know - but you can't just go around assuming that they would be responsible in each and every case, surely. With 50% unemployment in Spain, the Spanish are getting desperate too - so care is due.

You can assume what you like :cheeky:

Chivas Regal
11-03-2013, 20:22
You can assume what you like :cheeky:

Typical reply of a puppy! :) Only joking, it's good for morale!

sam1111111
13-03-2013, 03:33
that is terribe, a disgrace.

Madre
13-03-2013, 15:59
Yes it is and the lady just hoped he did it because he had a family to feed and not a drug habit.

bonitatime
19-03-2013, 11:21
It is a terrible thing to happen
But before you go sluring out host nation I hope you are very sure of what you say.