PDA

View Full Version : Other Is there a German bakery in Puerto de la Cruz?

villa.krg
24-02-2013, 19:25
hi,
I'm looking for a German baker in puerto dela cruz with first class breakfast buns.
know only in the south good German baker, but that is too far away for a every day.
thanks for your information.

melm
24-02-2013, 20:02
I'm sure there are a few but one I know of is in at the harbour a door or two down from the Frigata Bar. hope this helps.

canarybird
24-02-2013, 22:59
Yes, in La Paz there are two outlets for the El Millo German bakery. One is across the street and up from the Banco de Bilbao, where they not only have good German bread and breakfast buns but also tables and chairs outside the bakery window where one can sit and have breakfast coffee and cakes or buns. The other outlet for El Millo, again with tables and chairs in and out is near the end of the same street as Supermarket Sumo (formerly Supermercado 2000), down past hotels and near the French restaurant La Orquidea.

I'll post some photos of these two bakeries if I can find them in my files.

The German deli in Canary Center, also across from Banco de Bilbao in La Paz has German bread and buns as well as their own homemade salads and cold meats, take away or eat there.

Canarybird

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Okay I'm back with a couple of old photos of the El Millo bakery outlet on the main Botanico road in La Paz. It's across the street and down from the entrance to the Hotel Botanico, in the group of white clustered shops with red tiled roofs called the Canary Center, where the pharmacy is also located.

BTW there is now a new sweet shop right next to El Millo which is called El Aderno, (http://www.eladerno.com/) which is one of the most elegant chocolate and cake shops on the island. Its other shops are located in Buenavista del Norte and in Las Palmas. They also have tables for sitting outside for coffee and cake.

Here are the photos of El Millo on the main Botanico road, just up the street from the pharmacy.

http://canarybird.smugmug.com/Other/Miscellaneous-1/i-r4mtV8R/0/L/P1010712-L.jpg

http://canarybird.smugmug.com/Other/Miscellaneous-1/i-rbWCbQb/0/L/P1010713-L.jpg

Canarybird

Rickiebear
25-02-2013, 08:39
Hi, City Cafe near Plaza Charco, the large Paris Cafe on the sea front, and the 'Ranch House' on San Telmo, all sell German bread.

dixie4
25-02-2013, 10:38
Both Canarybird and Rickybear have made excellent choices for German bread outlets in and around Puerto.
The large loaves from the Ranch House are particularly good.

canarybird
25-02-2013, 11:54
Yes the Rancho Grande at San Telmo, the Columbus Plaza in Plaza del Charco and the Cafe de Paris facing the Lido are all restaurants owned by the same German company and have their own adjoining bread and cake boutiques as part of their business. Great selection of every kind of German bread available there.

They owned the famous and successful Cafe Columbus which used to be so popular down on the Martianez seafront, which unfortunately was taken down as a result of the coastal laws prohibiting constructions close to the beach. Many longtime residents of Puerto still mourn the loss of that wonderful place where one could sit indoors or out, watching the waves roll in while indulging in elegant cakes and coffee. (Sorry....going OT. :)) They also own El Monasterio up on the hill in La Montaņeta.

And there is also a bread and cake outlet just inside the door of the SUMA supermarket on the corner of the main Botanico road and Calle Aceviņas in La Paz, where they sell a selection of German breads and buns as well as sweet cakes.

villa.krg
25-02-2013, 17:17
okay thanks for this much information.
i will test it.
best regards kruger

sam1111111
13-03-2013, 03:27
not that i know of

villa.krg
13-03-2013, 09:21
I am still testing

Megaloo