PDA

View Full Version : Home and Garden Where can I get scissors sharpened in south Tenerife?

finca18jrl
25-02-2013, 17:39
Does anyone know if there's anywhere that does scissor sharpening in the south?

chifleta
25-02-2013, 21:07
wow, you just reminded me of many years ago the bloke that used to go round Los Cristianos on his moped with his knife/scissor sharpening machine on the back... he'd blow one of those pan flutes to let you know he was in the area.... but not sure where you could go, probably a ferreteria!

primrose
25-02-2013, 21:26
wow, you just reminded me of many years ago the bloke that used to go round Los Cristianos on his moped with his knife/scissor sharpening machine on the back... he'd blow one of those pan flutes to let you know he was in the area.... but not sure where you could go, probably a ferreteria!

Thank you chifleta have heard him many times and never knew what he was doing, heard him a couple of months ago.Perhaps not the same person but somebody is still going round.

chifleta
25-02-2013, 21:31
Thank you chifleta have heard him many times and never knew what he was doing, heard him a couple of months ago.Perhaps not the same person but somebody is still going round.

LOL yeah, probably not the same man, he was getting on a bit and his moped was pretty ancient too, and i'm talking 20 years ago :D ... glad to hear someone seems to be still making a living out of it though :)

primrose
25-02-2013, 21:45
LOL yeah, probably not the same man, he was getting on a bit and his moped was pretty ancient too, and i'm talking 20 years ago :D ... glad to hear someone seems to be still making a living out of it though :)

Must be worth while doing it and some money to be made, might get a moped,:moped:

chifleta
25-02-2013, 21:54
Must be worth while doing it and some money to be made, might get a moped,:moped:

and a pan-flute :hat:

primrose
25-02-2013, 22:53
Can't ride a bike so can't see me riding a moped with one hand and holding the pipes with the other, might have to go into partnership with somebody,:moped::moped:

chifleta
25-02-2013, 22:55
Can't ride a bike so can't see me riding a moped with one hand and holding the pipes with the other, might have to go into partnership with somebody,:moped::moped:

someone to ride the moped and you sat on the back being the pie-eyed-piper hahahahaha :vodkamachine:

obs
25-02-2013, 23:32
Seriously people, he's riding a quad bike now! There must be money in the business!
See him in the Valle every few weeks.

finca18jrl
26-02-2013, 08:05
Nowhere then?

Susief
26-02-2013, 08:55
Nowhere then?

Can't you just buy a sharpener from a ferreteria? Think I've seen them at Chafiras in Las Chafiras! Easy to do.

finca18jrl
26-02-2013, 14:41
Can't you just buy a sharpener from a ferreteria? Think I've seen them at Chafiras in Las Chafiras! Easy to do.

They're dressmaking scissors and I cannot afford to ruin them completely! But thank you for the comment.

slodgedad
26-02-2013, 14:50
In the ferreteria on the main straight in Costa del Silencio just before Coral Mar.

It is the one down the ramp on the left just before the Albatross Bar.

He sharpens knives and scissors, or he did a couple of years ago..May be worth a look.

finca18jrl
26-02-2013, 15:10
In the ferreteria on the main straight in Costa del Silencio just before Coral Mar.

It is the one down the ramp on the left just before the Albatross Bar.

He sharpens knives and scissors, or he did a couple of years ago..May be worth a look.

Thank you Slodgedad...will go and have a look.