PDA

View Full Version : Tax How many members avoid pay Income Tax on their properties in Tenerife?

Pengwynne
26-02-2013, 15:33
How many of us forum members pay or do not pay our Non-Resident Renta (Income Tax) on our properties in Tenerife?
I for one, started paying my Renta in 2006, one year after I purchased my property.
I know many Brits who own properties here, but do not pay their Renta, or, who are ignorant of the fact that they are
legally bound to pay this tax!
P.S. I am not a Taxman!

slodgedad
26-02-2013, 15:38
I don't think many members are likely to admit to not paying. Not on a public Forum, anyway.

fixer
26-02-2013, 17:40
No they wont they end up paying anyway if they sell.

casabonny
26-02-2013, 19:33
How many of us forum members pay or do not pay our Non-Resident Renta (Income Tax) on our properties in Tenerife?
I for one, started paying my Renta in 2006, one year after I purchased my property.
I know many Brits who own properties here, but do not pay their Renta, or, who are ignorant of the fact that they are
legally bound to pay this tax!
P.S. I am not a Taxman!
I am quite sure there are many who dont as they dont know about it , although ignorance is not an acceptable excuse as far as Hacienda are concerned.With new technology and the sharing of information by Hacienda and the like , many are now going to get caught and will end up paying substancial amounts and fines on these amounts .... there will be no wayout as if they dont or wont pay Hacienda will embargo either /or/and bank acoounts and property.

To those of you reading this who havent paid , my advice do it now before they contact you as it will ultimatly be cheaper.

dotty1
27-02-2013, 09:12
I was informed to pay now as eventually it will catch up with you with fines, so pay now of later, its up to the individual.

Javi
27-02-2013, 10:28
Hope all those who are avoiding pay taxes are caught up and fined sooner or later.