PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone got a copy of Quicken 2002-2005 to borrow please?

TenerifeTeddy
27-02-2013, 11:32
I have a customer whose PC has died. He was using Quicken 2002. We have installed Quicken 2013 onto his new laptop but the 2002 .qdf files wont open.

Has anyone got a copy of Quicken 2002-2005 I could borrow just to update the .qdf files.

I will come and collect and return the disk after use.
Many thanks in advance

markcuk
27-02-2013, 19:36
try this http://quicken.intuit.com/support/help/install--register--and-convert/using-an-intermediate-version-to-convert-older-versions-of-quicken/GEN82211.html

TenerifeTeddy
27-02-2013, 22:55
try this http://quicken.intuit.com/support/help/install--register--and-convert/using-an-intermediate-version-to-convert-older-versions-of-quicken/GEN82211.html

Thanks, I found the same article after I posted the request, so I realise that the problem is probably not with the .qdf file. However it means that I probably now need copies of Quicken 2005 and then 2009 or similar to make the step jumps suggested.

markcuk
28-02-2013, 12:16
Thanks, I found the same article after I posted the request, so I realise that the problem is probably not with the .qdf file. However it means that I probably now need copies of Quicken 2005 and then 2009 or similar to make the step jumps suggested.

Pretty sure you only need to convert to 2004 then to 2013

TenerifeTeddy
28-02-2013, 15:26
I have contacted Intuit for support on this, to see if they will supply download links as it is their support suggestion, and am waiting for a response. I am also trying to download a version via a torrent site, but very slow. 14% in a day so far.

markcuk
28-02-2013, 15:42
I have contacted Intuit for support on this, to see if they will supply download links as it is their support suggestion, and am waiting for a response. I am also trying to download a version via a torrent site, but very slow. 14% in a day so far.

I see they are only patches on the website strange.

BobMac
28-02-2013, 16:53
I see they are only patches on the website strange.

They are not patches, I've just downloaded the Quicken 2004 using the link in your Intuit link and run it and it has actually installed Quicken 2004 on my PC.

I also agree with you that you only need 2004 as the intermediate step, to quote from the Intuit website

Let's say you are currently using Quicken for Windows 2001 and want to upgrade to Quicken for Windows 2012. You will want to install Quicken 2004 first so your file can convert properly to the newer format. Once your file has been properly converted, then you can install Quicken 2012 and convert your file again. It's like taking small, careful steps instead of one giant leap.

TenerifeTeddy
28-02-2013, 18:42
They are not patches, I've just downloaded the Quicken 2004 using the link in your Intuit link and run it and it has actually installed Quicken 2004 on my PC.

I also agree with you that you only need 2004 as the intermediate step, to quote from the Intuit website

Let's say you are currently using Quicken for Windows 2001 and want to upgrade to Quicken for Windows 2012. You will want to install Quicken 2004 first so your file can convert properly to the newer format. Once your file has been properly converted, then you can install Quicken 2012 and convert your file again. It's like taking small, careful steps instead of one giant leap.

I have gone through the process this afternoon of downloading Quicken 2004 from their website from the link the support staff gave me. Unfortunately it is the US version and it will not open UK .qdf files. The error message specifically says "foreign files not supported"

I didn't realise they were that specific, so I have since done more research and found that Quicken/Intuit stopped supporting UK versions after Quicken XG 2004.

All support provided now is for US versions only :(

I have found someone on ebay selling Quicken XG UK version, so I will probably buy it.

TenerifeTeddy
01-03-2013, 12:47
Update:
Yesterday I found a chap in the UK who used to work for Quicken when there was a UK version. He sent me a copy of Quicken 2004 UK version, which has enabled me to open the clients existing .qdf files. We still can't convert the UK files to the new Quicken 2013, but at least it means he has access to his files and he can create a new database on the 2013 version.

Thanks for the help :)

BobMac
01-03-2013, 15:38
Update:
Yesterday I found a chap in the UK who used to work for Quicken when there was a UK version. He sent me a copy of Quicken 2004 UK version, which has enabled me to open the clients existing .qdf files. We still can't convert the UK files to the new Quicken 2013, but at least it means he has access to his files and he can create a new database on the 2013 version.

Thanks for the help :)

2004 will export the data as a QIF file can be imported into 2013 !!

Details are HERE (http://quicken.intuit.com/support/help/account-transaction-issues/importing-and-exporting-qif-formatted-account-and-list-information/GEN82402.html)

Once you have it in QIF format, other packages will also allow you to import it as well.

BobMac
07-03-2013, 17:31
Have just come across this product (http://homebank.free.fr/index.php) which will handle QIF files