PDA

View Full Version : Paperwork New NIE/Residents card

SHD
27-02-2013, 23:06
Hi there!
I am looking for some advice. I am confused about all the new paperwork requirements...here is my situation.........
I am currently unemployed and have not had any official work for about 5 years now, I know i should have done all this before but i do want to do it now. So I have no official registration in the last 5 years.
Now I want to get a residents card, I have the original NIE (never renewed :o ) I have taken out a private health policy, and have a bank account. Is this sufficient to get the residents card? I keep hearing about needing something like 5000 euros in your bank???!! My partner works and we manage to keep both of us on one wage, although i am actively looking for work. I have never signed on for paro or taken off the social healthcare so have never been a burden on the system. but do not have 5000 euros hanging about either!!! Is the money absolutely necessary? we manage just fine and now I have private healthcare anyway? any ideas? :confused:

timmylish
27-02-2013, 23:14
Rather than disturbe our member "Goldenmaniac" this is her site which has the full info on all aspects of life in Spain (Tenerife). There is NO_ONE of the Englisg speaking community who knows more than Diana. She is truly an "expert".
http://www.diana-mcglone.com/#will.
Just scroll down until you reach the section you require. I actually have her site on my computer for quick reference!

Goldenmaniac
28-02-2013, 10:18
Hi SHD the problem is although the one wage may be considered enough by you it may not be by the authorities.

You do need to show regular legal income PER PERSON at or above the minimum wage (100 euros a week) ie have a contract or private means such as a forces pension for example or have 5,200 euros in a Spanish bank PER PERSON.

You will have an added layer of difficulty in proving that you are the legal dependant of your common law partner so even though she has a contract you will have to show that you are a "pareja de hecho" and have been cohabiting together for 2 years or more in Spain (both registered on the Padron at the same address - certificado de convivencia).

The irony is you only have to show the funds to the Extranjeria at the time of application - so theoretically you could borrow the money show it in a Spanish bank account in your name and then draw it out and repay the loan after the application.

You say you have private health cover so that covers that requirement.

Tim - very kind comments - I'm not sure I would go that far :) but I often know where to find the answer if I don't know it

SHD
28-02-2013, 10:30
Thank you for that, so if I 'theoretically' borrowed the money then it would be possible? Goldenmaniac do you provide a service to do the paperwork?

Goldenmaniac
28-02-2013, 10:57
Thank you for that, so if I 'theoretically' borrowed the money then it would be possible? Goldenmaniac do you provide a service to do the paperwork?

Sure PM, email or phone me for info - contact details are on here