PDA

View Full Version : Other Where's the best place to stay in Tenerife to chill out?

Ptphil
02-03-2013, 10:42
Hi everyone!

I am after a bit of holiday advice, hopefully someone can help! Please forgive me if this question has been asked a million times as I'm sure it has but can't find any decent posts.

So I am looking at a Tenerife holiday for a week or so during the next month, with my girlfriend with the soul intention of chilling out! We have done all sorts of sightseeing over the years and just want a week in the sun by the sea. Ideally I'd like a quiet-ish area where we are not kept awake by drunken louts but at the same time fancy self catering so restaurants and shops are essential.

If anyone has any ideas or could give me a suggestion or two of a decent area to stay I would be most grateful! Also if anyone knows of any nice villas / apartments that would also be a massive help!

Thanks very much!

Phil (uk)

marbro8
02-03-2013, 11:30
hi phil welcome to the forum:wink:
we always stay in los cris on the el mirador complex, there are some nice complexes in and around there like the victoria court, revron, christian sur, tenerife sur, or you could go b&b at the paradise park? a lovely hotel that has just been refurbed, we stay around there because it is quiet without being to boring, you have got about 20 or so bars and restaurants in and around the el mirador strip, never any trouble because most of the people using these bars is probably mid 40's?, i myself am 51 and my wife 49 so i would never take her anywhere that she would feel threatened or woken up at all hours by louts, if you wanted to stay somewhere a bit exclusive then try del duque a little bit along the coast from costa adeje, mainly frequented by germans it is very quiet but still has lots of restaurants and bars but a little more expensive,but you can still walk into fanabee, porto colon, san eugenio and las americas if you wanted to? you can in fact walk from los cris to del duque in about 2 hours we do it at least 4-5 times in the 2 weeks we are usually there, hope this helps and if you need any more info then just ask:wink:

VideoMem
02-03-2013, 12:36
As Marbro8 mentions, I would go to Victoria Court 2 located at the bottom of the Hill known as "cardiac Arrest Hill" and 200 yds from the sea front, a well run complex with apartments being let on behalf of owners by "South Tenerife Apartmental Rentals" A quiet complex with its own on site Cafe if required, or if not a short walk brings you to the many local and varied restraurants or a 10 minute gentle stroll on the front brings you into the heart of Los Cristianos!:tiphat:

tfs1
02-03-2013, 13:38
As well as those previously mentioned I would recommend Victoria Court 1, also a well run, quiet and established complex with onsite bar.

tracy hampshire
02-03-2013, 18:55
for a chillout holiday, you canīt beat puerto de la cruz in the north, 2 beaches & a big lido to relax by, plenty of bars & restaurants & no larger louts, & if you fancy a day out , a good bus service to some beautiful local towns , whatever you decide i hope you enjoy your stay x

poker
02-03-2013, 19:00
In the sun .

deepdivejunkie
02-03-2013, 19:07
The freezers in Iceland are pretty cool :lol:

shaun kelly
02-03-2013, 23:03
We have a place in San Eugenio but for chilling out there really is no better place than El Medano .

Sal
02-03-2013, 23:16
hi phil welcome to the forum:wink:
we always stay in los cris on the el mirador complex, there are some nice complexes in and around there like the victoria court, revron, christian sur, tenerife sur, or you could go b&b at the paradise park? a lovely hotel that has just been refurbed, we stay around there because it is quiet without being to boring, you have got about 20 or so bars and restaurants in and around the el mirador strip, never any trouble because most of the people using these bars is probably mid 40's?, i myself am 51 and my wife 49 so i would never take her anywhere that she would feel threatened or woken up at all hours by louts, if you wanted to stay somewhere a bit exclusive then try del duque a little bit along the coast from costa adeje, mainly frequented by germans it is very quiet but still has lots of restaurants and bars but a little more expensive,but you can still walk into fanabee, porto colon, san eugenio and las americas if you wanted to? you can in fact walk from los cris to del duque in about 2 hours we do it at least 4-5 times in the 2 weeks we are usually there, hope this helps and if you need any more info then just ask:wink:

I have to agree. As a more mature person, I love Los Cristianos. Restaurants to die for, entertainment and a relaxing time. On the other hand if you are young and want the clubbing nightlife, go for Las Americas and the Veronicas!

rosemary
04-03-2013, 18:52
If you want sun and Caribbean sand beach go for El Duque - it's beautiful, new/ish and more upmarket. Lovely restaurants and boutiques along beachfront. Luxury well designed hotels. Great promenade walking. Easy access to south airport, wonderful scenery up in Masca and Teide and west coast beaches.

If you want more Canarian atmosphere and botanical gardens and lots of easy pretty walking around beach front (not such good beaches) with great restaurants, go Puerto de la Cruz up north. Longer drive from airport.

Medano is great too, a bit scruffy, very Spanish, slightly hippy, surfers paradise. Huge sandy bay. Dune scrubby landscape, grows on you. Next to airport.

HarryH
20-03-2013, 02:13
. . . plenty of bars & restaurants & no larger louts . . .

Let's not pick on larger louts, smaller ones are just as bad!

DJandDeid
20-03-2013, 04:13
😃 Pickeeeeeee......

cheery
20-03-2013, 10:06
Anywhere from Costa Adeje to Fanabe. Plenty of choices of accommodation and restaurants to suit all budgets. Not as crowded on the beaches at that end.

kathml
20-03-2013, 10:57
Medano no where better!! Canarian but not too Canarian anice mixture of cultures unless theres something on in the plaza closes down before midnight

No touts no timeshare not much entertainment just good food a good feeling about the whole place

carpenter
20-03-2013, 12:36
How about somewhere not on the coast but within a short bus ride or an even shorter car journey to the beaches?
Somewhere like Adeje town or La Camella or Chayofa. Chayofa has the views over Los Cris and the tranquility.
The North is perfect and I'd seriously look at Garachico, it's probably my favorite place on the island. It has fine dining and a really relaxed feel about the place,