PDA

View Full Version : LOST I need some help getting a Leathermans home

glock339
04-03-2013, 15:09
Hi there we just finished our holiday in Tenerife the other week where we saw some amazing stuff up Teide including the milky way as can be seen in the attached pic of us looking extremely cold in our Parkas :lol:

On the way back we were a bit late getting to the airport & were rushed through check in by the staff so didn't have time to do a last check of our luggage, which unfortunately led to me leaving my Leathermans Multi Tool in one of my Parka pockets instead of putting it in my case! I asked a security guard if there was anything I could do & the only alternative to putting it in the bin he could think of was to ask our hire car company if they would be kind enough to post it back to us. So we quickly ran back to the car hire booth where we explained what had happened to a man who we thought understood what we were saying & took 10 Euros off us for postage. We then dashed to the plane which was boarding by then.

On arriving home I emailed Cicar head office to confirm everything was OK with getting my multitool back, but got a reply saying that they had no idea what I was talking about. Not what I wanted to hear as it's a gift that I have took everywhere with me for years now. Anyway to cut a very long story short, after many emails back & fourth we eventually got an email claiming that they had tracked down the man with my Leathermans & the 10 Euros & said that it had all been a "miscommunication" & they now had them in the office. They then said that they will not help us with the return of my property but will hold on to it until I arrange for a courier to pick up from them.

I did ask if they could recommend one but they didn't. Obviously I haven't got a clue where to start, I've Googled it & not come up with a sausage so far. Dose anyone have any advice/info for me to get it back? I have a bad feeling a courier will be much to expensive & I've lost my trusty old Leathermans for good :(

Any help much appreciated!
Cheers.
Gary.

chifleta
04-03-2013, 15:37
Hi there we just finished our holiday in Tenerife the other week where we saw some amazing stuff up Teide including the milky way as can be seen in the attached pic of us looking extremely cold in our Parkas :lol:

On the way back we were a bit late getting to the airport & were rushed through check in by the staff so didn't have time to do a last check of our luggage, which unfortunately led to me leaving my Leathermans Multi Tool in one of my Parka pockets instead of putting it in my case! I asked a security guard if there was anything I could do & the only alternative to putting it in the bin he could think of was to ask our hire car company if they would be kind enough to post it back to us. So we quickly ran back to the car hire booth where we explained what had happened to a man who we thought understood what we were saying & took 10 Euros off us for postage. We then dashed to the plane which was boarding by then.

On arriving home I emailed Cicar head office to confirm everything was OK with getting my multitool back, but got a reply saying that they had no idea what I was talking about. Not what I wanted to hear as it's a gift that I have took everywhere with me for years now. Anyway to cut a very long story short, after many emails back & fourth we eventually got an email claiming that they had tracked down the man with my Leathermans & the 10 Euros & said that it had all been a "miscommunication" & they now had them in the office. They then said that they will not help us with the return of my property but will hold on to it until I arrange for a courier to pick up from them.

I did ask if they could recommend one but they didn't. Obviously I haven't got a clue where to start, I've Googled it & not come up with a sausage so far. Dose anyone have any advice/info for me to get it back? I have a bad feeling a courier will be much to expensive & I've lost my trusty old Leathermans for good :(

Any help much appreciated!
Cheers.
Gary.

sending you a PM

Happy Days
04-03-2013, 15:39
Hello,

I have had issues before with my leatherman wave at airports before...My sister is here at the moment and I will be taking her to the Airport on Saturday. She's flying back to London (Gatwick).

If there is anything you think we can do to help please pm me.

chifleta
04-03-2013, 15:41
sounds like Happy Days may be able to save the day quicker than me :)

Malteser Monkey
04-03-2013, 15:49
sounds like Happy Days may be able to save the day quicker than me :)

I've come over quite emotional - I love this forum:cheeky:

chifleta
04-03-2013, 15:54
I've come over quite emotional - I love this forum:cheeky:

It's a rare occassion that I do a good samaritan deed nowadays I can tell you LOL

glock339
04-03-2013, 16:45
Wow thanks for all the response everyone!

OK then I'll PM Happy days as it looks like you may be able to offer me a hand first, thanks so much for offering as well chifleta I really wasn't expecting all of the kind offers of help :hello:

chifleta
04-03-2013, 16:46
No worries :) hope you get it sorted.

glock339
04-03-2013, 18:11
PM sent to Happy Days :tiphat:

EDGEY72
05-03-2013, 04:49
Good to see there are still some nice people about.
Hope you get your tool back soon

glock339
05-03-2013, 17:09
Yep there certainly is :)

I'm just waiting of happy days getting back to me so fingers crossed & I'll let you all know how I get on.

glock339
12-03-2013, 08:46
Forgot to say HappyDays managed to pick up my Leathermans form Cicar on Sat & passed it onto his sister to post to me when she gets back to the UK, so I should have it back before long.

Just like to say a big thanks to everyone for helping me!!! :-)

chifleta
12-03-2013, 16:09
It's good to see some nice news for once :) happy days are here again LOL well, he was in the airport hehehehehe

Malteser Monkey
12-03-2013, 16:15
It's good to see some nice news for once :) happy days are here again LOL well, he was in the airport hehehehehe

thought you were going to burst into song there Chiffy ! Yes good news, I'd never heard of a Leathermans before this - everyday's a school day !

chifleta
12-03-2013, 16:32
thought you were going to burst into song there Chiffy ! Yes good news, I'd never heard of a Leathermans before this - everyday's a school day !

LOL when OH brings home chicken n chips n salad from Casa Ramon, he says "FOOOOOOD" and I do then burst into song "Foooood glorious fooooooooooood" hehehehe

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

everyday's a school day !

never too old to learn something new :D

glock339
13-03-2013, 18:56
:mexicanwave:
It arrived in the post today, cheers again to everybody & especially Happy Days & his sister!!!
:mexicanwave2: