PDA

View Full Version : Other How timeshare works and how they get your details

Loaded
04-03-2013, 20:28
Remember 5-10 years ago "OPCs" would scurry around the streets offering you scratch cards? Now they get into bother with police when this happens so they have new ways of getting to the unsuspecting tourist.....

Can we do a compilation of their methods?

Someone mentioned in a separate thread about asking people in the airport queue a simple question - if they get the answer right they go into a prize drawer......

Obviously what really happens is they cold call you about "free" or discounted holidays and then try and push you into timeshare.

Another I know of is the "excursion shops"..... Offering cheap or discounted tickets if you do a promo tour.... Promo tour is a timeshare hard sell .

woolli
04-03-2013, 22:21
competition Loaded? You seem to be answering your own thread, three times over!

sundownersvince
04-03-2013, 22:37
Nowt wrong with talking to yourself, I do it often like. You know these ads you see for touts it says 'Spiffs paid regularly'. Just wondering what a Spiff might be.
My Mum told me I would grow up to be a Junkie or a Spiv. I didnt have a clue what a Spiv was when I was 10. :lol:
She wasnt too far off the mark though. :shy:

YOUNG GOLFER
04-03-2013, 22:41
competition Loaded? You seem to be answering your own thread, three times over!

Competition is not a word I would use........ It's going to any lengths to get a commission is the real answer.
If not then tell me what good these people do for the public.....or better still what service do these people give to clients other that to sell them something.
You and I and loaded all being here a few years now ....know the truth.

seanocelt
04-03-2013, 23:27
OPC's have been back on the streets unmolested in Los Cris for a while now. And get punters in. I have never understood the value in the product but it seems to be resurfacing so some must fancy it!!

slodgedad
04-03-2013, 23:48
OPC's have been back on the streets unmolested in Los Cris for a while now. And get punters in. I have never understood the value in the product but it seems to be resurfacing so some must fancy it!!
I know, Sean. When I worked at Craig's last summer I was amazed at the amount of people that came in and told me that they had 'won' something and all they had to do...etc etc.

Were most annoyed when I explained it to them

marbro8
05-03-2013, 00:07
just when you think it is safe to get back in the water:doh:, it never seems to amaze me that there are still so many people out there that fall for all the bull crap that these people dish out??? i remember about 6 years ago i used to make it my mission while walking around mainly las americas, that whenever i saw these sewer rats giving out their spiel i would openly walk up to the victims and tell them what it actually was they were being conned into:angry:, much to the annoyance of the time share con artiste :lol:

gazza
08-03-2013, 09:56
OPC´s operating very close to Monkey Beach Bar, with tear to win tickets

Loaded
08-03-2013, 10:28
More like tears if you win

warbey
08-03-2013, 21:35
OPC´s operating very close to Monkey Beach Bar, with tear to win tickets

Always a favourate Place that.......

Sal
08-03-2013, 21:43
I really think that frequent visitors to Tenerife are well aware of their tactics and can't be duped. I feel sorry for the new holidaymakers who may get caught and then put off returning to the island!

marbro8
08-03-2013, 21:46
Always a favourate Place that.......yep, that's where me and my wife used to split up and she used to walk about 20 paces behind me:lol:, because the tale was they would never stop a single person only couples, that was in the day that we cared, we just walk together now and tell em to "f" off:lol:

Sal
08-03-2013, 21:48
yep, that's where me and my wife used to split up and she used to walk about 20 paces behind me:lol:, because the tale was they would never stop a single person only couples, that was in the day that we cared, we just walk together now and tell em to "f" off:lol:

Nice tactics marbro8..............and maybe the only language they understand!

hackney58
08-03-2013, 23:32
Thats exactly what me and my wife used to do, split up and walk a few paces apart.worked well until my wife noticed that i was attracting all the girls!! (working girls) and that as they say was the end of that.

marbro8
08-03-2013, 23:40
Thats exactly what me and my wife used to do, split up and walk a few paces apart.worked well until my wife noticed that i was attracting all the girls!! (working girls) and that as they say was the end of that.do you mean the working girls in timeshare sales? or from cleopatras?:lol::wink:

Sal
08-03-2013, 23:54
Thats exactly what me and my wife used to do, split up and walk a few paces apart.worked well until my wife noticed that i was attracting all the girls!! (working girls) and that as they say was the end of that.

Oh you wish hackney58! Just tell them to go forth and multiply - as already stated, by marbro8 !

hackney58
09-03-2013, 16:30
Oh you wish hackney58! Just tell them to go forth and multiply - as already stated, by marbro8 !

Definitely not selling timeshare Marbro8, strangley my wife only noticed when she heard this very attractive young lady call me "Big Boy" being nearly 69 years old and only 5.8 and 14 stone wet throu even i looked round. I couldn't belive it was me, But in my dreams!!!

starling
09-03-2013, 19:02
Definitely not selling timeshare Marbro8, strangley my wife only noticed when she heard this very attractive young lady call me "Big Boy" being nearly 69 years old and only 5.8 and 14 stone wet throu even i looked round. I couldn't belive it was me, But in my dreams!!!

... Oooooh! You old bugger. :old:

marbro8
09-03-2013, 20:21
Definitely not selling timeshare Marbro8, strangley my wife only noticed when she heard this very attractive young lady call me "Big Boy" being nearly 69 years old and only 5.8 and 14 stone wet throu even i looked round. I couldn't belive it was me, But in my dreams!!!probably refering to the bulge in your shorts:lol:

hackney58
10-03-2013, 16:36
probably refering to the bulge in your shorts:lol:

Yes like i said in my dreams.