PDA

View Full Version : Animal Chat Are dogs allowed on the Masca to Los Gigantes Ferry?

Peanuts
05-03-2013, 15:52
Does anyone know if dogs are allowed on the Masca to Los Gigantes Ferry?

BobMac
05-03-2013, 17:56
Does anyone know if dogs are allowed on the Masca to Los Gigantes Ferry?

Unless they have built a proper jetty since we did it a couple of years ago, you'll find it difficult to get onto the boat yourself, never mind getting a dog on; it's not really a ferry, think more along the lines of a small fishing boat and you're nearer the truth.

When we did it, the boarding method was to walk along a concrete bridge over the sea to a pinnacle which the boat nosed up to and then you jumped on and this continued with the boat going out and coming back in when the swell got too high, until all the passengers were on board.

ribuck
05-03-2013, 23:12
The jetty is still as BobMac describes it, but I think it would be quite practical for a dog to get on to the boat. It will be a matter of whether their policies allow it.

Here is the email address of the boat operators, so you can ask them directly:
info@maritimaacantilados.com
or phone +34 922 861918

They use various boats, but mostly it's the Nashira Uno shown in this two-minute video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpsI8N_FDCE

Peanuts
11-03-2013, 11:42
The jetty is still as BobMac describes it, but I think it would be quite practical for a dog to get on to the boat. It will be a matter of whether their policies allow it.

Here is the email address of the boat operators, so you can ask them directly:
info@maritimaacantilados.com
or phone +34 922 861918

They use various boats, but mostly it's the Nashira Uno shown in this two-minute video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpsI8N_FDCE

Hi Ribuck - Thanks for your very competent response. I've checked with the ferry company and they do allow dogs, which is great. I'd hate to have to leave him behind as he loves a good long walk.

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Can the powers that be close this thread now as I have the answer I needed .. What a brilliant forum we've got :-))