PDA

View Full Version : Puerto Colon bar/restaurant has been shut down for having loud music

lapalma
06-03-2013, 23:37
I was quite shocked this evening at the news that a bar/restaurant entertainment duo have been shut down by the police due to complaints from a nearby fish and chip shop ! Iam totaly amazed at this and does give off a bad vibe to the Island.The due have put in a lot of effort to put their show live on the internet on a nightly basis,quite a lot of cash has been spent in bringing entertainment to holiday makers,residents and persons back home in the UK as well as other countries.

I would now hope that the chipper in question produces a good fish supper,for I see his time on the Island has come to a very quick close and return to whence they came.Iam a great lover of live pub entertainment whilst on holiday,no matter where Iam,but to hear and actualy see the due telling me on this site via a live link that their services can be had for other pubs etc,I hope they do well.

Leam_Lin
06-03-2013, 23:42
Which bar?

lapalma
06-03-2013, 23:45
A bar/restaurant down Porto Colon way,the clue was in the Chippie,put in your browser 'live web cam porto colon' and you will see.

Leam_Lin
06-03-2013, 23:48
I thought the chippie had closed.

9PLUS
06-03-2013, 23:56
A bar/restaurant down Porto Colon way,the clue was in the Chippie,put in your browser 'live web cam porto colon' and you will see.

live web cam puerta colon

lapalma
As far as I know,bearing in mind that I live in the major fish landing site in Europe and do not reside in the Canaries I have been told that the Chippie has now reopened under new management,sadly they do not like noise,but I would have thought that they had done their homework,as any noisy bar,at closing time produces a very hungry crowd,sadly the duo are now out of work and pocket.........

AL JAY
That will be Les and Donna they have been there for years as "Innuendo" sad if the bar has had to close,it used to be packed to the rafters like most bars in the good old days!

Leam_Lin
07-03-2013, 00:13
As far as I know,bearing in mind that I live in the major fish landing site in Europe and do not reside in the Canaries I have been told that the Chippie has now reopened under new management,sadly they do not like noise,but I would have thought that they had done their homework,as any noisy bar,at closing time produces a very hungry crowd,sadly the duo are now out of work and pocket.........
If it is Les & Donna, she is from your neck of the woods.

macdonald5
07-03-2013, 08:13
If it is Les & Donna ,she is from Dundee - have spoken to her many times
Shocked if this has happened as there is a much noisier bar/s in this vicinity
Les / Donna have been there many years and also had nightly guest artistes
If I remember they always closed before midnight so wonder where this issue comes from Another bar nearby often had loud music well after that time

9PLUS
07-03-2013, 09:37
If they have shut them down for noise it'll more than likely be because they have already been told about it and done nothing either that or they have no sound limitation installed.

There's always the issue of live music.

lapalma
07-03-2013, 22:12
Les and Donna are back on line,well done to them.

theslaters
07-03-2013, 23:10
Only know the bar because of the most annoying PR guy they have , how many times can someone say no thanks...
shame because the singers were worth listing to.

Red Devil
07-03-2013, 23:24
Bit confused about this - Aunties fish and chips closed down quite a while ago and if I remember rightly this is now a nice bar, either German or Belgian I think, will plenty of TV screens for football.
The only bar in the area that is a nuisance is Kandis, on first floor next to the old Kitty O Sheas, my goodness their music is rammed down your throat regardless of which bar or restaurant you are sitting in in the area, even on the beach you don't get any peace on a Sunday afternoon.
Les and Donnas place has recently seemed very quiet but the noise has never been intrusive? Very odd.

seanocelt
08-03-2013, 03:07
Bit confused about this - Aunties fish and chips closed down quite a while ago and if I remember rightly this is now a nice bar, either German or Belgian I think, will plenty of TV screens for football.
The only bar in the area that is a nuisance is Kandis, on first floor next to the old Kitty O Sheas, my goodness their music is rammed down your throat regardless of which bar or restaurant you are sitting in in the area, even on the beach you don't get any peace on a Sunday afternoon.
Les and Donnas place has recently seemed very quiet but the noise has never been intrusive? Very odd.

Couldnt agree more, but forum member Lapalma has confused many of us lately, especially me. Personal attack, on me, no idea why, cant make head nor tail of it. What ? They are back " on line?" So, maybe the webcam went down in the storm? Les and Donna, mates of mine from the early nineties, will no doubt be fine. Auntie's chippy? Or any chippie, making a noise complaint, well, show us what it is you are on about, please.

Leam_Lin
08-03-2013, 10:25
Aunties fish & chip shop closed,the local was empty for some time, when we were in Puerto Colon in October it had reopened as a bar/diner by dutch people who made you feel very welcome although a bit pricey for the location.

lapalma
08-03-2013, 11:02
Couldnt agree more, but forum member Lapalma has confused many of us lately, especially me. Personal attack, on me, no idea why, cant make head nor tail of it. What ? They are back " on line?" So, maybe the webcam went down in the storm? Les and Donna, mates of mine from the early nineties, will no doubt be fine. Auntie's chippy? Or any chippie, making a noise complaint, well, show us what it is you are on about, please.

Why are you confused ? it was you that sent me the shocking private e-mail,would you like me to show the other members and by the way you have been attacking many people on this forum,so sad you bring your Celtic football conection to this forum along with others.

junglejim
08-03-2013, 11:14
La Palma (from Scotland) there are numerous football threads on this forum full of banter (even a Rangerīs one , but they died RIP) whatīs your problem with a Celtic football thread ?
Where is the evidence that Sean has been "Attacking many people on this Forum"? - his only real criticism that I have seen was to do with very poor customer service from an Internet Service Provider Europa - his other threads have been informative , supportive and factual - unlike some other innuendo on here!

9PLUS
08-03-2013, 11:41
Blimey who gives a monkeys?

seanocelt
08-03-2013, 11:46
Why are you confused ? it was you that sent me the shocking private e-mail,would you like me to show the other members and by the way you have been attacking many people on this forum,so sad you bring your Celtic football conection to this forum along with others.

And THERE it is; after me sending a (shocking?) Pm telling him to come see me in person (no reply), instead of having a totally baffling pop at me (i had no idea why, still do not), the agenda is exposed here. He has a problem with my football team. I have attacked nobody, but will defend myself.Silly boy, grow up. Fast. No need for this drivel son.

Malteser Monkey
08-03-2013, 11:48

taps fingers on desk :cry:

junglejim
08-03-2013, 11:54

I give a monkeys !

seanocelt
08-03-2013, 11:57
Sorry if its a bore to some, i just had to (after being a member for a long time who has helped other when possible and contributed money to appeals, did reviews, Pm'd support to distressed others) find out why Lapalma was having a go. I suspected there could only be one reason, poisoned rage, but had no real idea. Until now! Im off this thread now, its about Les and Donna (Innuendo Duo), and they are top folks.

9PLUS
08-03-2013, 12:43
I give a monkeys !

man crush, im flattered

-

CaribeCelt
08-03-2013, 12:50
I give a monkeys !

Me too!...Sean's a sound fella...regardless of our Celtic Football "Connections"

junglejim
08-03-2013, 13:51
Your reading the wrong signals 9+ -itīs not you , thereīs somebody else ! (Gentle let-down)

9PLUS
08-03-2013, 14:25
It's nelson isn't it?

junglejim
08-03-2013, 14:28
Oh god no!! :laugh::laugh::hi:

9PLUS
08-03-2013, 16:02
So whats this thread on about in the end ?

junglejim
08-03-2013, 16:04
About making friends??

9PLUS
08-03-2013, 16:15
dunknow......

junglejim
08-03-2013, 16:20
Or maybe a dog peeing to mark out itīs territory ? :doggy2::woo:

Malteser Monkey
08-03-2013, 16:21
dunknow......

about outing jim I think:laugh::cheeky:

Well it ain't about a dog !

I spoke too soon:lol:

9PLUS
08-03-2013, 16:40
Someones mistake/internet connect/closed down/noise/chip shop/football team/PM/same sex friendships/and now a dog

It's Friday that can only mean one thing

x

Malteser Monkey
08-03-2013, 16:48
Someones mistake/internet connect/closed down/noise/chip shop/football team/PM/same sex friendships/and now a dog

It's Friday that can only mean one thing

x

It's Crunchie time ?:crylaughing::yum:

see we'll never forget

Fivepence
08-03-2013, 17:00
It's Crunchie time ?:crylaughing::yum:

see we'll never forget

I thought it was "It's Friday, it's five o'clock, it's Crackerjack time" :shy:

Malteser Monkey
08-03-2013, 17:10
I thought it was "It's Friday, it's five o'clock, it's Crackerjack time" :shy:

You ol fogies and your memories, I'll have to google that:cheeky::cheeky::wink2:

Fivepence
08-03-2013, 17:15
You ol fogies and your memories, I'll have to google that:cheeky::cheeky::wink2:

:old::old::old::old::old::old:

junglejim
08-03-2013, 19:02

I always had Fridays as "The Army Game" with Bootsie and Snudge and a Mars Bar from my pocket money

9PLUS
08-03-2013, 20:02
Mars bar party?

marbro8
08-03-2013, 21:00
Only know the bar because of the most annoying PR guy they have , how many times can someone say no thanks...
shame because the singers were worth listing to.you obviously havn't met the one now working at the miami bar in los cris:lol:

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

i am now a confused ( i like rangers and celtic) reader,was it aunties? is it another chippy? are donna and les still working and where? what am i doing on this thread anyway???:wink: