PDA

View Full Version : Relocation Where's the best place to live in Tenerife?

miuccia
07-03-2013, 18:30
Hello everyone, my name is Mayra and I am new to the forum. :wave:
My husband have been wanting to move to Tenerife forever, I have finally agree.
We live in Austria-Vienna and won't move just yet, probably in a year or so.

The first thing I would like to do is find where to live, and there is where I need your help.
We will educate ourselves and make a lot of decisions this year.
But right now we only know Tenerife as tourists, so we have no idea about all the regions, cities or neighborhoods.
We would like to live in a safe, clean neighborhood preferably a "big city", think Miami.

Any advice would be much appreciate it.

garlicbread
07-03-2013, 19:22
Hardly Miami, but Santa Cruz or its environs, sounds like the place you are looking for

Marianne
07-03-2013, 19:33
I'd agree with that, but do you have any idea of how you are going to earn a living in Tenerife. Now is NOT an easy time?!

miuccia
07-03-2013, 19:55
Hardly Miami, but Santa Cruz or its environs, sounds like the place you are looking for

lol!!! Thanks, I thought Santa Cruz would be the only place for us.

I'd agree with that, but do you have any idea of how you are going to earn a living in Tenerife. Now is NOT an easy time?!

Hi Marianne, we speak many languages and have many different jobs experiences, we would first find a job and then move, Tenerife is not a secure deal yet.
We have been living in many places and want to move, if it's not Tenerife it will be somewhere else, I am just trying to make my husband happy and give Tenerife a chance. Thanks for your input :)

Marianne
08-03-2013, 14:44
Viel Gluck dabei - didn't want to put you off- but just saying it's not easy at the moment in any part of Spain.

LUCKY
08-03-2013, 15:01
:feret:
Hello everyone, my name is Mayra and I am new to the forum. :wave:
My husband have been wanting to move to Tenerife forever, I have finally agree.
We live in Austria-Vienna and won't move just yet, probably in a year or so.

The first thing I would like to do is find where to live, and there is where I need your help.
We will educate ourselves and make a lot of decisions this year.:feret:

But right now we only know Tenerife as tourists, so we have no idea about all the regions, cities or neighborhoods.
We would like to live in a safe, clean neighborhood preferably a "big city", think Miami.

Any advice would be much appreciate it.:feret:

:feret:Miami safe, Next you will be telling me CSI is not true:feret:

miuccia
08-03-2013, 19:09
:feret::feret:

:feret:Miami safe, Next you will be telling me CSI is not true:feret:

lol!!! I meant city-like. Close to the ocean but still a "big" multicultural city. But I do wonder how safe Tenerife is, I have live in many countries and have felt the differences in safety, here in Vienna I can go anywhere anytime and feel safe always! I never had that after living many years in Milan.

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Viel Gluck dabei - didn't want to put you off- but just saying it's not easy at the moment in any part of Spain.

You know, I have been reading a lot of threads in the forum and a lot of people talk about that, basically telling the people don't come because you'll do terrible and go crying home :)
I have been around a lot. lived in Ecuador, Argentina just to name the "worst" ones, so Tenerife doesn't scare me at all :)
I am currently not working and haven't done it in a very long time, I have nothing to loose. Thanks tho I appreciate you replying me <3

marbro8
08-03-2013, 21:31
my favorite place to live would be taylors lounge:lol:, sorry :wink: if i could live in tenerife i would choose la calleta not a big city but a lovely old fishing village feel, very expensive property's but in my opinion well worth it:wink: and some of the best fish restaurants on the island

Sal
08-03-2013, 21:46
There is only one place to live in Tenerife...................where you feel happy and comfortable. Rent somewhere short-term and travel around the island - you will soon find your ideal haven! Good luck!

slodgedad
09-03-2013, 01:59
There is only one place to live in Tenerife...................where you feel happy and comfortable. Rent somewhere short-term and travel around the island - you will soon find your ideal haven! Good luck!

Great advice, Sal.

miuccia
11-03-2013, 20:59

So sweet, you are definitely right. Thanks!