PDA

View Full Version : What happens when you ignore someone?

miuccia
09-03-2013, 12:41
I have been trying to find an answer but seems like nobody knows!?
I would like to know if this person wouldn't be able to see or post on my threads, or is it just that she/he can't PM me or see my profile?
Anybody knows?

MrsTT
09-03-2013, 12:48
I have been trying to find an answer but seems like nobody knows!?
I would like to know if this person wouldn't be able to see or post on my threads, or is it just that she/he can't PM me or see my profile?
Anybody knows?

In the forum FAQ is a section on privacy and I have copied the information from it :
Dealing with Troublesome Users

Can I block posts, emails and messages from specific users?

If there are particular members that bother you and you do not want to see their posts or receive Private Messages and Emails from them, then you can add these members to your 'Ignore List'. There are several ways to do this:

Through your User Control Panel: User CP, Settings & Options, Edit Ignore List. Then, type their name into the empty text box and click 'Okay'.

What if I see something offensive?

You will find 'Report' links in many places throughout the board. These links allow you to alert the board staff to anything which you find to be offensive, objectionable or illegal.

I hope this helps!

miuccia
09-03-2013, 12:58
In the forum FAQ is a section on privacy and I have copied the information from it :

If there are particular members that bother you and you do not want to see their posts or receive Private Messages and Emails from them, then you can add these members to your 'Ignore List'. There are several ways to do this:

Through your User Control Panel: User CP, Settings & Options, Edit Ignore List. Then, type their name into the empty text box and click 'Okay'.

You will find 'Report' links in many places throughout the board. These links allow you to alert the board staff to anything which you find to be offensive, objectionable or illegal.

I hope this helps!

Thank you soooooooooooooooooooooooo much!!!!!!

mike in chayofa
09-03-2013, 13:04
I am ashamed to reveal that I didn't know the answer to this question.

It will take a bit of investigating that I will do asap. Here's the start:

When someone hits newreply to make a post, it checks the original thread poster's ignore list. If the person is on the ignore list, they cannot post in the thread.

Malteser Monkey
09-03-2013, 13:23
9PLUS

deja vu:laugh:

Fivepence
09-03-2013, 13:38
9PLUS

deja vu:laugh:

Oh, is that what this thread is about?

The OP obviously doesn't get 9PLUS's sense of humour.

She needs to chill, that's how he is... love him or hate him.

I think he's grand, he says it how it is. :laugh:

miuccia
09-03-2013, 14:08
Oh, is that what this thread is about?

The OP obviously doesn't get 9PLUS's sense of humour.

She needs to chill, that's how he is... love him or hate him.

I think he's grand, he says it how it is. :laugh:

LOL!!!!!!!!!!! Love me or hate me too, I don't mind either way
I appreciate sense of humour, that's different than being on a forum about tenerife where people look for advice and information
and getting blank answers, I was laughing at people making jokes about it, they couldnt help becuase they didn't know, another thing is having the info and just not giving a &(/&$§")§(=

The ignore option is made for a reason, I have my right to use it on whoever I want, the report is imo a completely different thing and I think I'd never use it.
Is the internet, in the real world I can't ignore my mother, here I can ignore whoever I want and for whatever reason.

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

I am ashamed to reveal that I didn't know the answer to this question.

It will take a bit of investigating that I will do asap. Here's the start:

When someone hits newreply to make a post, it checks the original thread poster's ignore list. If the person is on the ignore list, they cannot post in the thread.

Thanks for the answer! I appreciate it :)

Fivepence
09-03-2013, 14:17
I appreciate sense of humour, that's different than being on a forum about tenerife where people look for advice and information
and getting blank answers, I was laughing at people making jokes about it, they couldnt help becuase they didn't know, another thing is having the info and just not giving a &(/&$§")§(=

The ignore option is made for a reason, I have my right to use it on whoever I want, the report is imo a completely different thing and I think I'd never use it.
Is the internet, in the real world I can't ignore my mother, here I can ignore whoever I want and for whatever reason.

That's fair enough miuccia, I do understand your point but if you look through the threads on the forum you will see 9PLUS can be helpful and very informative.

It's just his way.................:tiphat:

9PLUS
09-03-2013, 14:37
Secret spots are behind the blank post. Was that what you were looking for?

Im blushing

Susief
09-03-2013, 14:55
Secret spots are behind the blank post. Was that what you were looking for?

Im blushing

You upsetting the lady 9plus! Maybe she doesn't get your sense of humour like we do!

9PLUS
09-03-2013, 15:04
She'll be my fan sooner or later

They all become my victims in the end.

X

Susief
09-03-2013, 15:22

Thanks for the answer! I appreciate it :)

Not really a good way to make friends on here Miuccia, if you kick 9plus you kick a good percentage of us!

He has a very dry sense of humour and at times does infuriate with his one word answers but he is a good guy and a well respected businessman on the Island.

Malteser Monkey
09-03-2013, 15:45
Oh dear what have I started - this was never intended for 9PLUS

We had a little joke on the old forum that went totally over the heads - it got deleted nevertheless, and it was in reference to the ignore button

I could tell you .............but I would have to kill you

btw 9plus what did we decide was best for Saturdays ?:laugh:

X

you're addictive:D

Fivepence
09-03-2013, 15:47
Oh dear what have I started - this was never intended for 9PLUS

We had a little joke on the old forum that went totally over the heads - it got deleted nevertheless, and it was in reference to the ignore button

I could tell you .............but I would have to kill you

btw 9plus what did we decide was best for Saturdays ?:laugh:

Trust you, Double M = Little Miss Trouble............:crylaughing::crylaughing::cryl aughing:

TOTO 99
09-03-2013, 15:48
I agree with Miuccia...he's a tosser..:laugh:

Malteser Monkey
09-03-2013, 15:50
Trust you, Double M = Little Miss Trouble............:crylaughing::crylaughing::cryl aughing:

Moi ? naaaaaaaaa I'm just all over myself - was that it ?;)

I agree with Miuccia...he's a tosser..:laugh:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

you can't use language like that on here - anyway he's a w [user is on your ignore list] ...er

:cheeky:

I do beg pardon for this outrageous behaviour..........and can promise it only gets worse:laugh:

miuccia
09-03-2013, 16:13
Not really a good way to make friends on here Miuccia, if you kick 9plus you kick a good percentage of us!

He has a very dry sense of humour and at times does infuriate with his one word answers but he is a good guy and a well respected businessman on the Island.

Dear Susief, people help people they want to help
I don't die or live for anyone other than myself.
I am a regular member of a completely different forum for a very long time now, and I don't post on all threads, there are a lot of regulars like myself that I have never said anything to, because I don't want to nor have to, like you or any others don't have to answer or help me in any way.
Friendly and good people help because they want to! If I joined is because I need/want help and guidance and I appreciate people that reply to me if they feel like it. Like I would help anyone in any way I can!
You are kicking yourself out, if that's who you are ad what you what to do then be my guest.

Susief
09-03-2013, 16:21
I am a regular member of a completely different forum for a very long time now, and I don't post on all threads, there are a lot of regulars like myself that I have never said anything to, because I don't want to nor have to, like you or any others don't have to answer or help me in any way.
Friendly and good people help because they want to! If I joined is because I need/want help and guidance and I appreciate people that reply to me if they feel like it. Like I would help anyone in any way I can!
You are kicking yourself out, if that's who you are ad what you what to do then be my guest.

And take a deep breath!

I don't really know what you are rambling on about but you aren't really endearing yourself to me!

Now how do you find the ignore button!

Malteser Monkey
09-03-2013, 16:21

Hey I am really sorry but Susie got the wrong end of the stick because of me mentioning 9plus - Susie always sticks up for members - I got a knocking yesterday :laugh::doh: and she was there to defend me, please she is a lovely, kind member.

Can i make it clear that Miuccia was in no way referring to 9plus everyone - it was a general question

And take a deep breath!

I don't really know what you are rambling on about but you aren't really endearing yourself to me!

Now how do you find the ignore button!

Susie it's my fault !!!! ohhh I'm going to leave the forum like Henry :cry:

Susief
09-03-2013, 16:24
Hey I am really sorry but Susie got the wrong end of the stick because of me mentioning 9plus - Susie always sticks up for members - I got a knocking yesterday :laugh::doh: and she was there to defend me, please she is a lovely, kind member.

Can i make it clear that Miuccia was in no way referring to 9plus everyone - it was a general question

Oh you are a naughty monkey!

It's all very confusing!

Malteser Monkey
09-03-2013, 16:26
Oh you are a naughty monkey!

It's all very confusing!

I know I have pm'd you two

X

tis all your blinkin' fault ..............................dear....pffft

Susief
09-03-2013, 16:29
I know I have pm'd you two

tis all your blinkin' fault ..............................dear....pffft

Hey 9plus shall we go find the ignore button for Double M? lol

Malteser Monkey
09-03-2013, 16:30
Hey 9plus shall we go find the ignore button for Double M? lol

:nono:

:bowdown:

I think I sawted it :doh:

marbro8
09-03-2013, 21:31
oh no does this mean i have to delete him from my friends list:doh::wink: naaaa, yet to meet him but one day we will meet up and have a beer, i just hope e ain't as big a knob in real life as he is on here :lol::wink:

sundownersvince
09-03-2013, 22:11
I bet I could eat a whole chihuahua Mayra........

Malteser Monkey
10-03-2013, 00:05
I bet I could eat a whole chihuahua Mayra........

Wasn't she in Space 1999 sort with the funny eyebrows .................so I was told ........ TOTO 99

chifleta
10-03-2013, 00:23

I love cyber-misunderstandings............... now where is that "slap naughty monkey on the bottom" smiley again?? :twak::twak::twak::fryingpan::argue::smackbutt::sm ackbutt::smackbutt::smackbutt::smackbutt::whip::ba n:

oh no does this mean i have to delete him from my friends list:doh::wink: naaaa, yet to meet him but one day we will meet up and have a beer, i just hope e ain't as big a knob in real life as he is on here :lol::wink:

Ah well I haven't seen him since he was young and innocent newbie on the island struggling to make his way living in the sticks alongside the platanos and mozzies, so i can't comment :)

marbro8
10-03-2013, 00:32
I love cyber-misunderstandings............... now where is that "slap naughty monkey on the bottom" smiley again?? :twak::twak::twak::fryingpan::argue::smackbutt::sm ackbutt::smackbutt::smackbutt::smackbutt::whip::ba n:

Ah well I haven't seen him since he was young and innocent newbie on the island struggling to make his way living in the sticks alongside the platanos and mozzies, so i can't comment :)me thinks he has made quite a good living and still is:wink:

warbey
10-03-2013, 19:51
Even I like Him Mate. . :hi: :flatcap:

9PLUS
10-03-2013, 21:03
9PLUS Fan club

I knew it

x

warbey
10-03-2013, 21:51
'

Pffftttttt. .:D:D

Malteser Monkey
10-03-2013, 22:47
9PLUS Fan club

I knew it

x

'

Pffftttttt. .:D:D

soon..........dear

chifleta
08-04-2013, 18:02

I hope this helps!

Thanks for this, i've just made use of it :redcard:

So how to I see who is on my ignore list then? there should actually only be one person.

MrsTT
09-04-2013, 09:05
chifleta Click onto the My Profile bar at the top right of the forum page. Once in there, run your mouse down the menu on the left until you find 'my settings' ' and look for 'edit ignore list'

Malteser Monkey
09-04-2013, 09:08
Thanks for this, i've just made use of it :redcard:

So how to I see who is on my ignore list then? there should actually only be one person.

Oi who's upsetting you hun ?

chifleta
09-04-2013, 20:29
chifleta Click onto the My Profile bar at the top right of the forum page. Once in there, run your mouse down the menu on the left until you find 'my settings' ' and look for 'edit ignore list'

thanks it worked :)

Fivepence
09-04-2013, 20:35

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3s3vHFyybxk

chifleta
09-04-2013, 20:36

just stoopid unthoughtful disgusting comments and I can't be bothered reading further comments from ignoranuses like that :D

marbro8
09-04-2013, 20:56
just stoopid unthoughtful disgusting comments and I can't be bothered reading further comments from ignoranuses like that :Dbloody hell chiefleta, if there is someone on the forum that bad you should name and shame:twak:, unless of course it was the 20 pm's i sent you:D;)

chifleta
09-04-2013, 21:15
bloody hell chiefleta, if there is someone on the forum that bad you should name and shame:twak:, unless of course it was the 20 pm's i sent you:D;)

<<<<<< rolling eyes ... it wasn't pms, just don't like reading ****e

9PLUS
09-04-2013, 21:23
failed again lass

cheers

x

Malteser Monkey
09-04-2013, 21:44
failed again lass

cheers

x

it ends up being friday:hide: