PDA

View Full Version : Health Does laser hair removal work?

rosemary
10-03-2013, 12:34
Help! I am totally fed up with shaving/depilatating/tweezing/waxing my facial hair. Does laser removal work? Has anyone tried it? Can I get it done here in the south or santa cruz?
And is it truly permanent? After how many sessions? is it painfulllll?????

Pooh
10-03-2013, 12:57
Wife tried it. Not sure how many sessions, but was painful, and definitely not permanent.
I don't know where it can be done here, since she did it before we moved to Tenerife.

lesbroz
11-03-2013, 00:07
I have had laser treatment here in the uk (under arms). 4 sessions was all it took. Not sure if anyone does it in Tenerife though.

bonitatime
11-03-2013, 07:30
Are you blonde, as it doesnt work On light hair? Friends with dark hair rabe about it

ckelly10
25-03-2013, 16:03
Help! I am totally fed up with shaving/depilatating/tweezing/waxing my facial hair. Does laser removal work? Has anyone tried it? Can I get it done here in the south or santa cruz?
And is it truly permanent? After how many sessions? is it painfulllll?????

Laser hair removal is not permanent. This is a common misconception, it is however a permanent hair reduction method. Thats not to say it is not any good. It usually takes around 6-8 sessions and if the latest technology is used it should not be very painful. Normally people are quoted as saying it feels like a mild discomfort, like a elastic band being snapped across the skin.

marbro8
25-03-2013, 16:47
there is a new product on the market called nono hair removal system, i don't know how effective it is but they cost about £140 on e-bay and they have sold about 4 million so it's doing something right, maybe there is a forum member that has tried it and can give a review?

cleoharder
19-04-2013, 11:36
Yes, it works great. but it requires more money.

carpenter
19-04-2013, 22:06
I went to QUASAR (Laser Quest) about 3 or 4 times when I was in my early 20's and now I'm completely bald. So Yes, I think Lasers do cause permanent hair loss ;)

marbro8
19-04-2013, 22:26
I went to QUASAR (Laser Quest) about 3 or 4 times when I was in my early 20's and now I'm completely bald. So Yes, I think Lasers do cause permanent hair loss ;)i was going to say i havn't had any hair removal treatment but i seem to have an apes a**e on the top of my head:lol:

who-r-ya
09-05-2013, 11:09
It should work on light hair better than dark as dark is thicker. Also beware that if you are dark skin colour it could mark skin, as therapist about it. The reason why I stopped was because it is not permanent and because it left dark patches I guess it upset the pigment, it is a known side effect. It stings too.

rosemary
09-05-2013, 11:50
http://www.viewpoints.com/no-no-Hair-Removal-reviews

well a pity but this nono gadget really is a NONO....ah well sigh....on with the razoring and the waxing and the ...ah stuff it, I'll grow a beard.

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

http://www.viewpoints.com/no-no-Hair-Removal-reviews

well a pity but this nono gadget really is a NONO....ah well sigh....on with the razoring and the waxing and the ...ah stuff it, I'll grow a beard.

Um...er...well on second thoughts, maybe not...

r.rolly
12-12-2014, 07:36
This is most advance technique for unwanted hairs removal from Face, legs, arm, under-arm and bikini area. It's faster and more comfortable. It is simple and permanent solution for Hair reduction. It is an alternative to plucking, shaving, waxing.

bonitatime
12-12-2014, 14:46
As long as you are dark haired

Ecky Thump
03-09-2015, 14:59
:

This is a hair dryer on a Scottish Caledonian MacBrayne ferry....guaranteed to remove unwanted hair!

Malteser Monkey
03-09-2015, 15:04
:

This is a hair dryer on a Scottish Caledonian MacBrayne ferry....guaranteed to remove unwanted hair!

Is that you in the 2nd pic :cheeky: cute bum

Ecky Thump
03-09-2015, 15:06
Is that you in the 2nd pic :cheeky: cute bum

I'll tell my son's wife that you admire his bum from afar.:cheeky:

herrybraun
18-07-2016, 12:10
No. I don't suggest you laser treatment. Now I recommend you medicare facial bar soap that works well to treat facial hair.

languagefan
18-07-2016, 12:16
It works, and doing enough number of sessions permanently. It is painful.

Dahho
03-10-2016, 09:30
Thanks for the advice. I have long wanted to do laser hair removal.