PDA

View Full Version : Other Am I a dumbie...or just missing something?

Dave H
11-03-2013, 07:28
Hi Anyone and Everyone.
I have just joined the Tenerife Forum and I must admit I am impressed with the friendly and welcoming responses to my initial 'Hello from a Newbie'.
I am currently trying to find my way around the Forum and offer some replies but I am getting increasingly frustrated.
Keeping it short...Is there a 'guide to using the Forum???'
Ok, apparently I have to reply or post something 25 times before I can be 'active'....erp! Tags/Threads/Stickys/Posts/Social Groups etc are sending me nuts! Can anyone give me a clue please? :pray:
Hoping to be 'rescued,.
Dave H.

TOTO 99
11-03-2013, 07:54
Hi Anyone and Everyone.
I have just joined the Tenerife Forum and I must admit I am impressed with the friendly and welcoming responses to my initial 'Hello from a Newbie'.
I am currently trying to find my way around the Forum and offer some replies but I am getting increasingly frustrated.
Keeping it short...Is there a 'guide to using the Forum???'
Ok, apparently I have to reply or post something 25 times before I can be 'active'....erp! Tags/Threads/Stickys/Posts/Social Groups etc are sending me nuts! Can anyone give me a clue please? :pray:
Hoping to be 'rescued,.
Dave H.

Well Dave, you've started another thread so you obviously know how to do that..lol

There's a "FAQ" at the top of the page but I've never read it so I don't know what's in there.

What exactly are you struggling with? If you can give us an idea I'm sure we can help you.

Malteser Monkey
11-03-2013, 10:32
Yeap TOTO 99 a fountain of knowledge

I may be able to help too

and Welcome

Dave H
11-03-2013, 10:59
Thanks Toto,
You're absolutely correct and I really must be a dumbie. FAQ is the obvious place to look and so I'll give that/them a read and see how it goes.
As for 'What am I after?' I am planning on spending 3/4 months in Tenerife South next winter and need to start 'studio/apartment hunting' asp. Apart from that 'just getting to know my way around the forum' would be a good start.
Many thanks, Dave H.

Malteser Monkey
11-03-2013, 11:20
Oh I see thanks Toto and what am I Scotch mist:cheeky::hello::crying2:

TOTO 99
11-03-2013, 11:23

Dave H...my new mate...hahahahahah..:laugh:

Malteser Monkey
11-03-2013, 11:27
Dave H...my new mate...hahahahahah..:laugh:

Hope you'll be very happy:cry:

AL JAY
11-03-2013, 13:25
Dave,you may be better using "todays posts" 3rd along at the top of the page to view the forum for now, or you can click "forum" to view all the different categories on offer! Also depends which browser you are using, internet explorer is a no no,its not compatible with our host server so you would be better using google chrome or mozilla firefox! good luck :tiphat:

Pooh
11-03-2013, 15:01
I think the OP may also refer to the classifieds section, where you have to have a certain number of posts before you can post an ad.
This is to avoid spammers, or those only joining the forum to sell something, without contributing.

Suej
11-03-2013, 15:37

What is Scotch mist anyway? :eyebrows:

junglejim
11-03-2013, 15:41
Ah! That would be telling ! -you need to be on the secret Scotch Forum that Tonypub runs ! ( Behind his Gas Bottle Collection!)

TOTO 99
11-03-2013, 15:43
Ah! That would be telling ! -you need to be on the secret Scotch Forum that Tonypub runs ! ( Behind his Gas Bottle Collection!)

Hahahaa.....just type in ClosetJock.com......:laugh:

9PLUS
11-03-2013, 15:51
Am I a dumbie...or just missing something?

Yes & Yes

cheers

x

Malteser Monkey
11-03-2013, 17:34
What is Scotch mist anyway? :eyebrows:

Something young and of great beauty:cheeky:

warbey
11-03-2013, 20:15

Young = less than 40 anos

Fivepence
11-03-2013, 20:30

pffft................:cheeky:

LUCKY
11-03-2013, 20:54
:feret:
What is Scotch mist anyway? :eyebrows::feret:
Pardon i miss heard you . or was it miss read you !!
:feret::feret:

sam1111111
13-03-2013, 03:31
you are both a dummy and missing something

Dave H
13-03-2013, 08:42
Hi All, Well that was an interesting first 'Forum' journey:crazy: I would like to thank you all for your contributions especially Toto 'my new friend'?
:scared: I have printed off the FAQ's and am reading thro at my leisure. Thanks again to all, lovely to meet you all. ...and of course Scotch Mist aka Malteser Monkey:hi:
Will speak again. BFN. Dave H.

Malteser Monkey
13-03-2013, 11:51
Hi All, Well that was an interesting first 'Forum' journey:crazy: I would like to thank you all for your contributions especially Toto 'my new friend'?
:scared: I have printed off the FAQ's and am reading thro at my leisure. Thanks again to all, lovely to meet you all. ...and of course Scotch Mist aka Malteser Monkey:hi:
Will speak again. BFN. Dave H.

Thanks and don't forget to come back - we're a crazy lot on here:crazy:

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

you are both a dummy and missing something

Don't beat around the bush will you Sam:cheeky:

LUCKY
13-03-2013, 12:10
[QUOTE=Malteser Monkey;270554]Thanks and don't forget to come back - we're a crazy lot on here:crazy:

:feret: Please speak for youre self , i am in sane group of posters beleive it or not.:feret:

Malteser Monkey
13-03-2013, 12:14
[QUOTE=Malteser Monkey;270554]Thanks and don't forget to come back - we're a crazy lot on here:crazy:

:feret: Please speak for youre self , i am in sane group of posters beleive it or not.:feret:

not on this forum you ain't