PDA

View Full Version : Other Horse racing thread 2013

Shugstar63
11-03-2013, 12:41
With The Cheltenham Festival only a matter of hours away.....thought I'd try and find some thoughts on the forthcoming 4 days.

Anyone interested ? Thought not !!:pray:

Malteser Monkey
11-03-2013, 12:51
Not really :cheeky:

Love your Avatar !

Shugstar63
11-03-2013, 12:57
Not really :cheeky:

Love your Avatar !

Cheers Monkey Nuts.....yours is good too :tiphat:

Fivepence
11-03-2013, 12:57
With The Cheltenham Festival only a matter of hours away.....thought I'd try and find some thoughts on the forthcoming 4 days.

Anyone interested ? Thought not !!:pray:

I'm interested Shug and will be watching the action.

I'm not a avid gambler but usually have a go on the major meetings.

I think this year it will be service as usual.
The meeting will be dominated by the usual trainers and jockeys........Paul Nicholls, Nicky Henderson, Ruby Walsh, Barry Geraghty and AP.
David Pipe will have some winners as well.
Then you will perhaps get the odd unknown Irish horse springing a surprise.

Good luck Shug.:goodluck:

Shugstar63
11-03-2013, 13:13
Fivepence thank you !

Yes (8 times) plus hopefully Dessie Hughes/ Bryan Cooper. My big hope is on Friday. On @ 16-1 !!
Have since layed the bet off,so I have every horse in the race running for me:idea:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02LajiXh3AY

As Keith Lemon says " Woooooosh"

If you can find a bookie in PDLA, Los Cris, Torviscas or Fanabe, it may still be worth a punt !:wink:

Fivepence
15-03-2013, 14:49
Fivepence thank you !

Yes (8 times) plus hopefully Dessie Hughes/ Bryan Cooper. My big hope is on Friday. On @ 16-1 !!
Have since layed the bet off,so I have every horse in the race running for me:idea:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02LajiXh3AY

As Keith Lemon says " Woooooosh"

If you can find a bookie in PDLA, Los Cris, Torviscas or Fanabe, it may still be worth a punt !:wink:

Thanks for the tip Shugs...................boosh. :D

Shugstar63
17-03-2013, 14:40
Thanks for the tip Shugs...................boosh. :D

No problem 5p........already on Our Conor for 2014 Champion Hurdle ...........Whooooooooosh. Easy money.
Caribe.....ended up with 5 winners on Friday ! Alderwood in last.....Won a lot !!

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMjqxyZ1dUM

CaribeCelt
18-03-2013, 17:50
Seen Alderwood tipped too....The Andersonstown news said if it's sent over take the hint and back it.
:angry:

Shugstar63
27-03-2013, 13:44
Caribe......you'll know Bryan Cooper has lost Our Conor to Danny Mullins......bad move IMO:mad:

marbro8
27-03-2013, 14:06
i went to cheltenham a few weeks ago, i am glad i went to know that i never want to go again, half hour to queue for a £5 pint and then another half hour to queue for the bogs:mad:, then £6.50 for a pork bap:mad:, i never got to see a hoarse all day and lost £100 together with the £65 ticket and £35 coach and breakfast it was a very expensive crowded cold day out:doh:

Shugstar63
27-03-2013, 14:13
i went to cheltenham a few weeks ago, i am glad i went to know that i never want to go again, half hour to queue for a £5 pint and then another half hour to queue for the bogs:mad:, then £6.50 for a pork bap:mad:, i never got to see a hoarse all day and lost £100 together with the £65 ticket and £35 coach and breakfast it was a very expensive crowded cold day out:doh:

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]W?hy didn't you bet Our Conor? [/FONT

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Fivepence
27-03-2013, 14:19

The last big meeting I went to was the Timeform meeting at York some years ago.
I vowed...........never again. Too many people and most of them pished out there head, not the least bit interested in the horse races.
Unfortunately race meetings have been hijacked.

It took hours to get off the course.

Shugstar63
27-03-2013, 14:29
Try Cartmel or Perth..............no idiots

Poor racing today.....anyone any fancies ?

marbro8
27-03-2013, 14:30
The last big meeting I went to was the Timeform meeting at York some years ago.
I vowed...........never again. Too many people and most of them pished out there head, not the least bit interested in the horse races.
Unfortunately race meetings have been hijacked.

It took hours to get off the course.yes that was the story on our coach, we got picked up at 7.30 in aldridge and half the coach was p'd by the time we picked the last lot up in cannock at 8.30??? and the cannock lot had caught up with them before we got on the m6 about 6 miles away:lol: then we got to the pub for breakfast and they were downing pints of guinness with the bacon and eggs:lol: and there is always some selfish gitt that is late back to the coach so you can't set off on time:mad:, and that took us an hour to get off the car park:mad:

Fivepence
27-03-2013, 14:42
Try Cartmel or Perth..............no idiots

Poor racing today.....anyone any fancies ?

Been to Cartmel Shugs, for the Bank Holiday meeting...........another nightmare.

But you are right, as long as you steer away from the big meetings, it's a pleasant pastime outdoors.

No fancies, I don't bet a lot (because I usually lose...ha ha).

My next flutter will be The Grand National meeting.

Shugstar63
27-03-2013, 15:21
Been to Cartmel Shugs, for the Bank Holiday meeting...........another nightmare.

But you are right, as long as you steer away from the big meetings, it's a pleasant pastime outdoors.

No fancies, I don't bet a lot (because I usually lose...ha ha).

My next flutter will be The Grand National meeting.

Had a good day there last year with the family !!!! Needed wellies, but had a few quid on Royal Bonsai who was a cert that day:lol:

tracy hampshire
28-03-2013, 09:43
ripon, beverley & wetherby some lovely days racing there & not too over crowded x

CaribeCelt
09-05-2013, 20:45
Shuggie with another great tip today.
Our very own resident tipster:respect:

Fivepence
09-05-2013, 20:46
Shuggie with another great tip today.
Our very own resident tipster:respect:

Where did he post it?

imablue
09-05-2013, 21:32
Suppose,:dontknow: as is the norm .....we missed out ..Again...:crying2:

CaribeCelt
09-05-2013, 22:44
Where did he post it?

He didn't...he pm'd me.
3/1 winner....when I said OUR resident tipster I really meant MINE:crylaughing:

Shugstar63
10-05-2013, 06:57
Cheers CaribeCelt.....I may reappear sometime in the future. Right now ? I'm far too busy. Champagne bar for me tonight:laugh:

Shugstar63
11-06-2013, 23:34
Im back Caribecelt.............sorry about the second place last night, but Mister Dillon was certainly trying......miles ahead of the 3rd............ended up £100 up with place bets & multiples. Que sera...............we were due a loser , yes?

McGuire beat us ! Not the horse....great ride!

tracy hampshire
11-06-2013, 23:53
R.I.P sir henry cecil, one of the greats , a major loss to horse racing.

Shugstar63
12-06-2013, 02:15
R.I.P sir henry cecil, one of the greats , a major loss to horse racing.

Tracy just seen your post. A true Gentleman. RIP

CaribeCelt
12-06-2013, 16:21
Im back Caribecelt.............sorry about the second place last night, but Mister Dillon was certainly trying......miles ahead of the 3rd............ended up £100 up with place bets & multiples. Que sera...............we were due a loser , yes?

McGuire beat us ! Not the horse....great ride!

Win some,lose some mate....watched it in pub....also had Spain to beat Ireland 4v0

Shugstar63
14-06-2013, 07:11
Fear not CaribeCelt.............next one will be a winner!:spin: