PDA

View Full Version : Victoria Court 1 owners thread

ramnit
30-05-2011, 12:57
Hi all,
I just thought it was time to add Victoria Court 1 to the new forum.

ramnit

MONK
31-05-2011, 19:44
Great! I have been hoping someone would start a Vic 1 thread. Does anyone know how the painting and pool refurb programme is going?

ramnit
31-05-2011, 19:56
Hi Monk,
I have heard that the pool is now finished and full of water again, not sure about the painting but it will look splendid when finished. I will have a update on the painting soon as a friend of mine is due back in England any time, I will put another post on and let you know.

I believe we have met are you the owner of 7B1?

ramnit

MONK
31-05-2011, 20:35
Damn! my cover has been blown already. Nice to hear from you ramnit - Going back in October - Can't wait!
MONK

ramnit
31-05-2011, 20:44
I'm there in Oct also perhaps we can be carried back from the bar together again.

ramnit

Lily3
01-06-2011, 14:54
Hi all ,

Paint job May 24th had 2weeks left to complete .

Going tomorrow for a couple of weeks .

Lily3

ramnit
01-06-2011, 15:07
Thanks Lily3,
My wife and her mother are going out on Saturday, so there is a fair chance the painting could be finished by then!!! that would be nice for them.

ramnit

ramnit
02-06-2011, 10:43
My friend came round last night to return the keys after his holiday in Victoria Court 1, he said the painters are really doing a great job of painting the complex even taking the sun blinds down where required to do a proper job he said there was probably about a week left till they finish also said they were causing very little disturbance to the holiday makers

ramnit

Lily3
03-06-2011, 19:33
Hi Ramnit,

It is looking good. no mess no disturbance.
Came out to sort some bills and find out whats happening with the Tourist Board (no probs with them) just need to know how it works.

27 degrees today.
Lily3

ramnit
04-06-2011, 08:22
Lily3,
Glad to hear all the work to the apartments has gone well thanks for letting us know.
My wife and her mum are flying out this afternoon for a holiday and also sort out the tourist board information who knows you may meet up in the Cruise Inn they have been known to enjoy a glass of wine (meant to say bottle)

Thanks again
ramnit

Dave-Durham
07-06-2011, 20:39
Hi folks no news on the refurb, mainly because I didn't know it was being done:lol: we haven't been out there since December, seems like too long to me, hope it's all sorted for our next visit.

ramnit
13-06-2011, 10:11
Hi all,
Just a update on the complex works
My wife has just returned from the apartment and says all the painting/building works to the complex is now complete and says what a lovely job they have done she says the complex almost looks like a new build
I am so looking forward to my next visit

ramnit

sunnylady
08-07-2011, 19:16
Hi, staying at this complex in 10 days time for a week, was just wondering if the swimming pool is open now?

Lily3
08-07-2011, 21:14
Hi Sunnylady,
We were there in June and the work on the pool was fininshed and it was open, also the painting was fininshed .
Have a great hol we will be there in 15 days. Yiphee

sunnylady
08-07-2011, 21:35
Thanks Lily3 for the quick reply. Had read on a few forums about the pool and was getting worried it wouldnt be open. looking forward to our holidays. Enjoy yours, might see you around the pool.

ramnit
09-07-2011, 15:50
Hi sunnylady,
As Lily3 says the pool is open again it was only shut for a short time while essential work was carried out, all the painting maintenance has also been finished and the complex looks fantastic, have a wonderful holiday.
I have to wait till Oct till my next trip.
Enjoy
ramnit

lempsky
24-08-2011, 23:48
Hi what management company work out of the office on site Victoria Court 1 and do Clair and Karl work at that office,thanks.

Andy0210
24-08-2011, 23:51
Hope this helps! :)

http://www.victoriaservices.net/

ramnit
16-09-2011, 08:58
Hi what management company work out of the office on site Victoria Court 1 and do Clair and Karl work at that office,thanks.

Hi lempsky,
A chap called Peter Rothwell now runs the management company along with his son young Peter & girl friend Lucy.

ramnit

ramnit
12-12-2011, 17:44
My wife, daughter, friend, and mother in-law have just returned from Victoria Court 1 Los Cristianos and shown me the photo's they have taken, I must say how lovely the complex looks with all the Christmas lights on. So a big thanks for all the effort put in by all the people involved in making it all look so nice, maybe next Christmas I will get to see it for myself.
Thanks again
ramnit

gazhaz
16-02-2012, 11:54
Hi, just joined the forum

In the process of buying a 1 bed apartment in VC1

I will need to replace the sun blind - just the blind material, not the frame.

Anyone know the exact specification - size and design?

Any suggestions of where to get a quote, anyone know an approximate cost of the work?

I'm in the UK at present but will be in Tenerife from 25th Feb to 6th March

Would be glad of any advice

delderek
16-02-2012, 15:03
Hi, just joined the forum

In the process of buying a 1 bed apartment in VC1

I will need to replace the sun blind - just the blind material, not the frame.

Anyone know the exact specification - size and design?

Any suggestions of where to get a quote, anyone know an approximate cost of the work?

I'm in the UK at present but will be in Tenerife from 25th Feb to 6th March

Would be glad of any advice

Next to Pino (behind Princessa Dacil) is a Toldo (blind) shop, think they are called "Sol y Sombre" who will come and measure and replace the material for you. Last time I had mine replaced a couple of years ago it was about 250 euros. size was about 2.5 mts x 4 mts.

tfs1
16-02-2012, 16:34
gazhaz,

I'm told the guys in the 'blind' shop only speak spanish but a lady, one of their wives who I believe works with them, speaks english. I also need to pop in to get a price to replace the material on a couple of sunbeds.

gazhaz
16-02-2012, 17:47
Thanks for that, will check it out when I'm over.

Trying to learn Spanish at the moment, so might be a chance to try it out!

ramnit
17-02-2012, 09:20
gazhaz,

Just a thought you may not know, but the colour of the blind has to be orange and white like all the others on the complex!!!

Ramnit

tfs1
17-02-2012, 10:22
gazhaz,

However, if you want to make a name for yourself you can get green and white (only joking!)

gazhaz
17-02-2012, 11:14
Green and White - that is apparently what the current owner did do!!!

tfs1
17-02-2012, 11:50
gazhaz, is that the apartment you have just bought ?

gazhaz
17-02-2012, 14:40
Not bought yet, will complete if ok when I'm there.

tfs1
17-02-2012, 14:48
gazhaz, PM sent

gazhaz
31-03-2012, 19:55
Anyone know what the cost of a locking apartment front door security grille is?

essexeddie
31-03-2013, 18:52
Just found this thread so hi to all fellow members. Been there for about seven years now. We spend most of the winter there. Bought George and Jackies old apt. We love it there. Nice and peaceful and no problems.
Mind you we did witness a robbery a few weeks back. Sitting on our balcony having lunch when we saw three dodgy looking youngsters walking about with a peice of paper. The young girl popped in at Maggies apt on the ground floor that was open and walked out with an 'I' Pad and purse. Not a lot we could do being on the top floor as she was gone in a flash. Got to be so careful nowdays.

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Anyone know what the cost of a locking apartment front door security grille is?

Hi Gary, Hope you an Fran are OK
Bet it was a good night at the Swan Wednesday on Chris's last night.
Catch you in June

essexeddie
19-04-2013, 17:40
Just heard that a holiday guest died during the night and the guard couldn't be found.
He was eventually found asleep in his car. Another one for the dole

essexeddie
20-04-2013, 19:00
Also he was cremated within two days. She then took his ashes home in her suitcase.
Not sure if she got a refund of his ticket.

elenapelena
12-05-2013, 11:20
Hiii
Can anybody tell me how much is the monthly cost for an apartment here for 3 persons, for the period from mid June and further
Please send me PM
Kind regards everybody

Tom and Lesley
16-05-2013, 10:42
Hi
Contact Victoria Services, they are the official tourist board agent for VC1
It's a great complex for a holiday

essexeddie
19-07-2013, 17:50
Wish it was adults only:whistle:

anto3
19-07-2013, 20:45
Is this a rumour or is it true. If you own a apartment on Vicky one you can only use it as a tourist and you cannot live six months of the year in it. Reason I ask is because I have friends that own there and spend the winter there. Just like to sort that rumour out because I know owners that are worried. Is this one of these new stupid rules

junglejim
19-07-2013, 20:54
It was a nonsense rumour spread from earlier changes in letting laws .

ramnit
20-07-2013, 10:44
Some owners live there full time not just for 6 months!!!!!

KlaraEdmund
25-07-2013, 22:57
can anyone tell me how the wifi is priced?

tfs1
26-07-2013, 06:43
VC1 prime WIFI provider is sourced via onsite bar, the Cruise Inn rather than Victoria Court 1 itself. They in turn use a company to provide WIFI.

The prices can be found here,

http://www.hotspotsystem.com/en/wifi_hotspot/10676_VICTORIA+COURT+1.html

you can also pay be paypal and paying by paypal using a tablet was a challenge as is stopped just before payment but maybe they have sorted that technical problem out now.

As with many WIFI offerings, if you in a poor location within the complex reception of course can be slow or at worst you get nothing !

KlaraEdmund
26-07-2013, 08:41
Hi Is there anywhere i can see a plan of the apartments? The one i want to know about is 27a1 is it over the bar? are there a lot of steps to it? Thanks..:yum:

Thanx......
VC1 prime WIFI provider is sourced via onsite bar, the Cruise Inn rather than Victoria Court 1 itself. They in turn use a company to provide WIFI.

The prices can be found here,

http://www.hotspotsystem.com/en/wifi_hotspot/10676_VICTORIA+COURT+1.html

you can also pay be paypal and paying by paypal using a tablet was a challenge as is stopped just before payment but maybe they have sorted that technical problem out now.

As with many WIFI offerings, if you in a poor location within the complex reception of course can be slow or at worst you get nothing !

tfs1
26-07-2013, 16:43
Hi Is there anywhere i can see a plan of the apartments?

Sorry, I don't have a map of the complex and have never seen one but there is sure to be one around somewhere ! - yes I know that desnt help you.

Apartments at that end of the complex are away from the main road and some prefer this

TFS1

callaopam
08-08-2013, 20:13
27 is at the back end of the run on the left of the pool, and 27 will be the end but one, so 27a1 is not over the bar. There is a couple of flights of steps up to the level, as the front end of the row is over the office, bar and Victoria Services
Hope that helps.
Try these map coordinates, hopefully they will be close!!!

28.050143,-16.70814

carto
08-08-2013, 23:34
there is a map of vic 1 complex in this section under the normal threads (map of victoria court 1) look in there it might be of help to you.

essexeddie
13-09-2013, 18:00
I always take my small lappy up to the strip and use free Wi Fi

essexeddie
29-11-2013, 19:34
We now have Wi Fi in all apartments now. We had it from the bar but this is all new and quite fast and free, well almost free.
Pick you details card from Marcia at 11oc reception on thursdays

murph
30-11-2013, 02:40
We now have Wi Fi in all apartments now. We had it from the bar but this is all new and quite fast and free, well almost free.
Pick you details card from Marcia at 11oc reception on thursdays

Haha - free - well almost free? Can we ask how much above free it is?

tfs1
30-11-2013, 10:24
It is currently a brief trial to see the benefits and make sure the technology works as well as it has been predicted - no actual cost at the moment. Decision to go/stop will be made at the AGM in January.

PS

To clarify, each apartment owner will have 1 unique logon/pswd, so nothing is physically installed in the apartments

How each owner manages their logon will be down to them ie giving them out to people renting etc as this can have its good and bad points.

The expectation is if its a success and we all hope that it will be that the cost will come from central community monies rather than a specific owner 'paid' charge.

essexeddie
01-12-2013, 19:42
Haha - free - well almost free? Can we ask how much above free it is?

You can laugh, it was free installation and will cost all apartments €3 a month.
Still laughing?
We are the first in LC to get this system, and its quite fast, well a lot faster than the bars up the strip.

fixer
02-12-2013, 00:15
Who is it that installed it?

ramnit
02-12-2013, 13:53
It sounds like it could be a really good asset to the complex so a big thanks to who ever is sorting this out and please keep us updated as to the progress please
Thanks
ramnit

tfs1
02-12-2013, 16:28
Who is it that installed it?

a company called Projectel canarias

http://projectelcanarias.es/index.html

we need to remember that its early days and very very limited number of Users so speed of course will be fantastic at the moment. When there are up to 140 all using at the same time things may be a little slower !

essexeddie
02-12-2013, 22:01
All this heavy rain was a good test for my roof repair that I did about three years ago, not a drop yet. Most other extensions on here leak
Hope I haven't spoke too soon :-(

It sounds like it could be a really good asset to the complex so a big thanks to who ever is sorting this out and please keep us updated as to the progress please
Thanks
ramnit

Its Marcia who's sorting it out. It will be bought up at the meeting in feb for ramification.
Works a treat, I'm on it now. Brilliant!

tfs1
03-12-2013, 21:03
Its Marcia who's sorting it out

for those who do not know Marcia she is the President of VC1.

essexeddie
04-12-2013, 00:08
for those who do not know Marcia she is the President of VC1.

As this is the VC 1 owners thread I would have thought everybody new her?

tfs1
04-12-2013, 09:38
As this is the VC 1 owners thread I would have thought everybody new her?

I posted the info for those viewing this thread that are not owners, I'm sure others are interested about the WIFI improvements and seeing what the complex is up to and maybe wondered who Marcia was.

As you say Im sure all owners have met her or are aware who she is.

ramnit
04-12-2013, 19:09
tfs1, thanks it good that you are keeping us owners who can not be there at the moment informed, so glad the wifi is working well.
Keep up the good work of keeping us up to date with any information I really appreciate it !!!!!

essexeddie
04-12-2013, 22:05
All the new complex Xmas decorations are now up and running, better than the old rope type lighting. I have to shut our shutters now at night as it lights up our apartment all through the night.

essexeddie
05-12-2013, 21:41
Slight update on the Wi Fi ( went to the Thursday meeting )
Some people are not getting a good signal mainly B block it seems. There are supposed to be Another three aerials to go up but because of the weather the other day it was not possible, hopefully next week.
All this is just a trial and will be voted on at the AGM. If its voted against then it will be taken out. So get voting as there are some people who are not bothered about it.
All the black metal railings are to be replaced as some are rotten.
Some railings as you enter the complex have been replaced with stainless steel as a sample and I must say they look fantastic, We had a quote for the whole complex to be changed over to stainless steel paid entirely from the proceeds of the computers, sunbeds and water machine, but after the sample was done it was knocked back by Health and safety, not enough metal in it. Also a handrail has to be fitted to the walls on the stairs after a drunk guy fell over not long ago, mind you he was given a push by his wife but that's another story.So that has doubled the quote. Its still got to be done but will take a little longer. It will be worth it as it will save on maintenance in the long run.
Apart from all that its running smoothly in Marthia's hands

essexeddie
10-12-2013, 21:54
Forgot to add, if anyone has to use the side/rear gate (to Iceland), when you return, to open it you have to insert the key to the rear of the gate as you cant open from the front. If that makes sense. If it doesn't then you will soon find out.

ramnit
11-12-2013, 19:43
essexeddie thanks for the update, I saw some of the new railings last time I was at the apartment and thought what a poor very low quality job because whoever had fixed these cracked all the surrounding tiles and the maintenance man was having to replace these, surely hand rail posts should be fitted by core drilling the steps so the posts actually go it to the steps to a certain depth then resin should be poured around to make secure and not just fixed with a few screws in a bottom plate that will always work loose and forever need re fixing. I wont be over again until May but if someone could bring this up it might save some community money long term if the job is done right 1st time.
Please keep the up-dates coming

tfs1
11-12-2013, 21:07
I believe that following the installation of the first long 'run' of railings after you enter the complex a review of that and other intial work was done by a qualified architect who confirmed that they did not meet current building regs etc.

As a result and because of the size/cost of the project the architect was given the job of getting it right, managing the project and signing off the complete job which involves replacing the handrails for the whole complex.

Ramnit, i dont know if the job will be done as you describe but as there is now an architect involved who knows the rules and regs it hopefully will be done correctly as he will have to sign it off !

posted on 11/12/13

essexeddie
14-12-2013, 00:21
What annoys me is that H&S altered the railing heights but if you go down to the beach at the bottom of our road, the council have installed railings to take the flood water ( good job they did after this weeks storm). The railings are far higher than ours. Seems there are laws for us that are different to theirs

essexeddie
14-12-2013, 18:42
Ramnit, i dont know if the job will be done as you describe but as there is now an architect involved who knows the rules and regs it hopefully will be done correctly as he will have to sign it off !

posted on 11/12/13

I agree, its not up to us to tell them what to do.

tfs1
26-12-2013, 13:53
I see the AGM agenda includes an item about 'renting out the former reception of Club13' - any news on this have they moved/gone ?

essexeddie
26-12-2013, 18:10
They were still there last week when I looked?

tfs1
26-12-2013, 18:23
They were still there last week when I looked?

Maybe they will not be by the time of the AGM ! Unless, of course, the agenda is misleading or the 'former reception of club13' isn't what/where I think it is.

Possibly it could the open area in front of the club 13 'office' area, where the post, internet PCs etc are located.

However, I understood this area to be a community / common area rather than anything else - but what do I know !

essexeddie
26-12-2013, 18:32
Maybe they will not be by the time of the AGM ! Unless, of course, the agenda is misleading or the 'former reception of club13' isn't what/where I think it is.

Possibly it could the open area in front of the club 13 'office' area, where the post, internet PCs etc are located.

However, I understood this area to be a community / common area rather than anything else - but what do I know !

I cant see that happening, that belongs to the complex. what is the point in moving a few metres?

We return in just over a week, I'll make enquiries.

tfs1
26-12-2013, 18:46
I cant see that happening, that belongs to the complex. what is the point in moving a few metres?

not sure where you get the moving bit from, as you say will should wait for your update to clarify things.

To be honest it doesn't affect me I just asked in case someone might know the background to the agenda item.

essexeddie
26-12-2013, 20:42
I got the moving bit from where they are now and have been for years.
As you said yourself to the front part where the computers are, which is from the back of the office to the front. ie a few metres :wow:

tfs1
26-12-2013, 21:25
Maybe I haven't been clear - lets start from the beginning again !

I am not saying they are moving anywhere but possibly, note possibly - they may not be based at VC1 at all in the future.

essexeddie
26-12-2013, 21:28
Gotcha. Are you starting a rumour?:wink2:

tfs1
26-12-2013, 21:34
Gotcha. Are you starting a rumour?

Certainly NOT - I would never do such a thing (!) but 'renting out the former reception of Club 13' is an interesting agenda entry.

What do you think it means ?

essexeddie
26-12-2013, 22:04
No idea, I have just made a phone call to there but they know nothing.

By the way I was joking ;-))

ramnit
27-12-2013, 13:33
tfs1, do you know if is it possible to see a copy of the AGM agenda on-line as we are not at the complex at the moment but it would be nice to see what else is on it besides the WIFI and the club 13 office that has already been talked about on the forum

tfs1
27-12-2013, 15:14
Hi ramnit,

I'm not aware if it is available online.

You could either wait until you get the paper copy in the mail which should be on its way now or maybe the alternative is to email the administrators and get added to their email distribution list to receive it (hopefully) automatically every year.

ramnit
27-12-2013, 16:01
tfs1, thanks I don't remember ever receiving the agenda but I always receive the minutes of the meeting after its all done and dusted so I must already be on the distribution list for the minutes.
Do you receive the agenda through the post prior to the meeting?

tfs1
28-12-2013, 10:27
ramnit,

Previously I received the agenda in the post.

I emailed the VC1 administrators in October to request they add me to their email distribution list for all 'appropriate' correspondence. I had previously advised them of my email address so they knew my request was genuine. The email version arrived just before Christmas.

Perhaps an email to the administrators asking to be added for this and future correspondence would be OK.

ramnit
30-12-2013, 11:40
tfs1, thanks again, I will contact the administrators and see if I receive the agenda information.
I will let you know

tfs1
30-12-2013, 14:19
just received a paper copy of the agenda in the post from the administrators - I expected the email version I received to be the only one sent out to me.

ramnit
30-12-2013, 16:46
tfs1, I have also just received a paper copy of the agenda, happy days thought I had been left out!!!!

tfs1
30-12-2013, 20:58
ramnit, Excellant news, happy reading !

essexeddie
31-12-2013, 18:41
Quick update on the Wi Fi as its been down for a week. Someone stole the cable to the server. Romanian I expect.
Should be back on soon I hope as I'm out there on Sunday.

essexeddie
01-01-2014, 21:26
Now back on!

essexeddie
07-01-2014, 21:37
another update as I am here now, apparently the cable that was stolen for the Wi Fi was up the mountain to the repeater and not on our complex.
The reception let in the minutes is to do with supplying a contract to formally Club 13, as they never had one. I think its to tie in all the legalities to do with Tourist Board, simple as that.

essexeddie
28-01-2014, 18:13
Well the meeting went smoothly with not many problems.
The WiFi is going to carry on for another year. There are problems with B block but Vicky 2 is going on the same system so we may be able to put an aerial on their property to cover our B block.
The railings were passed which is good.
The vote on the contract for Club 13 was carried, some were against.
All in all it was wrapped up within the hour.

Very sad news though if anyone new him, Barbara Heslop's son (B block) Graham has died. She is next door to Gabby. Great guy sadly missed.

essexeddie
30-01-2014, 18:49
More bad news, Irene who is next door to Marcia went into the Green Hospital last week feeling unwell. She died this morning. luckily her son Steve is with Bob and they seem to be coping with the help from Ann Parry.

essexeddie
03-02-2014, 19:53
Note: It was mentioned that during May 2015 the pool may be revamped/regrouted.

essexeddie
23-02-2014, 19:11
UK TV programs are now off with the exception of a few obscure ones.
Hey ho!

ramnit
23-02-2014, 19:33
Thanks for the update do you know if this is permanent?

bobferry
23-02-2014, 19:44
Hi,Does anyone know of any monthly 1 bed or studio to let in Victoria court

tfs1
01-03-2014, 10:00
All UK TV channels we had prior to the recent satellite change are now back on and viewable (for now!).

After hearing they had come back yesterday we had to do an auto retune and they reappeared, just need to reorganize them into a more friendly order ie BBC1 is currently our number ch9 and ITV is Ch39.

update - still pixelation on some channels (ch5 group specifically) - maybe have to give it 24hrs before we can be sure of what we have and haven't got and what is watchable and what isn't

essexeddie
01-03-2014, 18:32
I believe its a bit of a hit and miss for a while until it all settles down.
It will be sorted in time. Everybody is in the same boat.

essexeddie
09-04-2014, 18:30
Been informed that the Stainless Steel railings are now completed on the side block above the poolside bar, and they look great. I think they will enhance the look of the complex. Next to be done is the back block.

ramnit
10-04-2014, 12:00
Thanks essexeddie,
We will be there soon on the 5/5/14 to see for ourselves but I bet the railings do look good.

essexeddie
10-04-2014, 19:40
We will be there in June for a month then I hope our block (rear) should be completed. They do look good I must admit. Far better than the old black railings and with little or no maintenance.

ramnit
11-04-2014, 09:42
Lucky you a full month!!!!! we are on the B side of the complex so I wonder when the railings will be done to this area?

essexeddie
11-04-2014, 16:19
Lucky you a full month!!!!! we are on the B side of the complex so I wonder when the railings will be done to this area?

They are going to be done after the back block apparently, they are going round clockwise. Be nice when the front is done as its the first that's seen as you enter the complex.

essexeddie
12-04-2014, 14:27
Well I've been informed that our back block railings are now finished and look fantastic, so B block is next.

ramnit
14-04-2014, 10:31
Not long till we are there so hopefully block B railing will have been finished !!!

essexeddie
06-06-2014, 18:31
B Block railings all finished and looking good. Back block next I believe.

ramnit
09-06-2014, 11:39
essexeddie,
Thanks for letting us know when we were there in May they were about to start block B but it must have happened when we left we saw some of the others though and they look good although the ones at the front steps in my opinion could have been extended to just beyond the bottom step
Thanks
nitram

essexeddie
13-06-2014, 18:36
essexeddie,
Thanks for letting us know when we were there in May they were about to start block B but it must have happened when we left we saw some of the others though and they look good although the ones at the front steps in my opinion could have been extended to just beyond the bottom step
Thanks
nitram

Your getting picky now, don't let Marcia hear that :)

essexeddie
14-06-2014, 21:08
As posted on another thread the Sunday market is going to be in our road outside Vicky one. Marcia is keeping one gate locked to try and keep any undesirables out. (hope I can get back in)
She may get a guard on site just in case.
Also rumours that club 13 has been taken over.
We have a rather large party of young people that are here for a wedding and have taken over 17 apartments. But they are decent and no trouble. They must be from the South of England because they are all well dressed, slim and not a tattoo on any of them:wink:

Angusjim
15-06-2014, 07:00
As posted on another thread the Sunday market is going to be in our road outside Vicky one. Marcia is keeping one gate locked to try and keep any undesirables out. (hope I can get back in)
She may get a guard on site just in case.
Also rumours that club 13 has been taken over.
We have a rather large party of young people that are here for a wedding and have taken over 17 apartments. But they are decent and no trouble. They must be from the South of England because they are all well dressed, slim and not a tattoo on any of them:wink:

Maybe they are a bunch of Bankers from the London

ramnit
15-06-2014, 09:08
Does that mean if the market is to be on the road outside Vicky 1 that the road will be closed to traffic if not very dangerous

Ecky Thump
15-06-2014, 09:31
Maybe they are a bunch of Bankers from London

Good supposition Jim, but are you sure that where you have used your rhyming slang attempt with the word "bankers", it will be understood?:lol:

Angusjim
15-06-2014, 09:49
Good supposition Jim, but are you sure that where you have used your rhyming slang attempt with the word "bankers", it will be understood?:lol:
Mr Thump I don't know what you mean

essexeddie
15-06-2014, 20:02
Does that mean if the market is to be on the road outside Vicky 1 that the road will be closed to traffic if not very dangerous

It was the otherside of the road and it worked quite well with no problems. They just shut that side off.

Mr Thump I don't know what you mean

You know exactly what he means

tfs1
10-07-2014, 09:35
Anybody had their annual IBI payment taken from their bank account yet ?

tfs1
17-07-2014, 07:58
I'm sure, given the mountain of replies I probably would have got, you will all be pleased to know that my IBI payment has today been taken from my Bank account.

essexeddie
20-07-2014, 19:36
The thing is whats an annual IBI payment?

tfs1
21-07-2014, 07:35
The thing is whats an annual IBI payment?

Stands for Impuesto sobre Bienes Inmuebles. Property tax/council tax to you and I ! In Tenerife its paid yearly between May to July.

essexeddie
22-07-2014, 20:21
Are..... The rates. Why didn't you say, showing off with yer Spanish.

Mine is called 'CONSORCIO TRIBUTOS DE LA ISLA ' and yes its just been paid

tfs1
23-07-2014, 09:44
Are..... The rates. Why didn't you say, showing off with yer Spanish.

Mine is called 'CONSORCIO TRIBUTOS DE LA ISLA ' and yes its just been paid

Thanks Eddie.

tfs1
31-07-2014, 08:35
Just had an Endesa bill, one month after the last, rather than every 2 months as it should now be.

It's a small bill around €16 - anyone else had one ?

I can't see the bill as we are in Spain for sometime and gave up on signing up for interent access with them some years ago.

essexeddie
13-08-2014, 16:48
No. I pick mine up as and when we get there. Unless one of our kids remembers to pick them up.

tfs1
29-09-2014, 09:32
is anybody else getting more Endesa bills than the expected 2 monthly one ?

We had a bill in July, one in August and one at the start of September and now one today !

Any thoughts ?

We are over this weekend so will pick the bills up and try and work out why we are getting so many.

essexeddie
11-12-2014, 18:48
Group of old ladies got mugged the other night on the steps at the main entrance. She had the bag under her coat but it must of hung out as she went for the steps. Nobody hurt. They cut the bag strap with a knife and scarpered. Seems a common mugging point there.

essexeddie
20-12-2014, 11:01
The stainless steel railings are now being fitted to the back block. Which is good news.☺

Ecky Thump
20-12-2014, 11:51
The stainless steel railings are now being fitted to the back block. Which is good news.☺

And the most exciting post of the year, goes to...........:cheeky:

essexeddie
20-12-2014, 12:42

This is the Victoria Court owners thread after all, you shouldn't be on it. So don't be nosey.😉

TOTO 99
20-12-2014, 12:44
This is the Victoria Court owners thread after all, you shouldn't be on it. So don't be nosey.��

You should have got a full fence if you don't want people to be nosey, raillings are no good...:laugh:

tfs1
20-12-2014, 18:03

I think its great news ! and thankyou eddie for updating us owners - especially good news to those 'up our end' ! just one section to go.

Ecky Thump
20-12-2014, 18:47

Quote Originally Posted by Ecky Thump View Post

And the most exciting post of the year, goes to.......... essexeddie.

Quote Originally Posted by tfs1

I think its great news ! and thankyou eddie for updating us owners - especially good news to those 'up our end' ! Just one section to go!!

--------------------------------------------------

Yes, this great news reaffirms my belief that essexeddie should be poster of the most exciting news 2014,!!:raspberry2:

tfs1
20-12-2014, 21:00
Quote Originally Posted by Ecky Thump View Post

And the most exciting post of the year, goes to.......... essexeddie.

Quote Originally Posted by tfs1

I think its great news ! and thankyou eddie for updating us owners - especially good news to those 'up our end' ! Just one section to go!!

--------------------------------------------------

Yes, this great news reaffirms my belief that essexeddie should be poster of the most exciting news 2014,!!:raspberry2:

it is exciting news but we should remember there are still 11 days to go.

tfs1
10-06-2015, 16:23
Prompted by a recent PM to me from Eddie regarding wires hanging out of 'TV' boxes outside each apartment I understand that this work is to install fibre to the existing TV/Phone point outside each apartment, work on this should have now finished but is overrunning - finished very soon.

I presume it's then down to each owner to then decide if they want the fibre to be brought into their apartment to enable the installation and of course ongoing payment for their own TV/Internet and maybe phone supply rather than reply on the complex supplied free WIFI / TV offering.

Direct Telecom offering I have seen for TV / Internet / Phone / Line rental is € 53.45 a month. One off installation and other bits and peices are extra, I presume !

essexeddie
10-06-2015, 17:02
I wouldn't be paying €53 pm. Not that desperate.

tfs1
10-06-2015, 17:12
I wouldn't be paying €53 pm. Not that desperate.

Eddie, I would struggle to justify it as well, if we went for something like this in the future we should be able to set it off against rental income so reducing the overall cost. It also depends on the relability of the current TV / WIFI supplied by the complex - hows it been since you have been over ?

I also posted to see if others could offer a sensible reliable alternative or to get any comments on Direct Telecoms service.

LindaD
10-06-2015, 23:43
Eddie, I would struggle to justify it as well, if we went for something like this in the future we should be able to set it off against rental income so reducing the overall cost. It also depends on the relability of the current TV / WIFI supplied by the complex - hows it been since you have been over ?

I also posted to see if others could offer a sensible reliable alternative or to get any comments on Direct Telecoms service.

Oh dear, hope TVs doesn't see this as I'm sure he'll have something to offer you:laugh:

tfs1
11-06-2015, 06:32
Oh dear, hope TVs doesn't see this as I'm sure he'll have something to offer you:laugh:

I took the risk hoping that I may get some readable feedback from people who are Direct Telelcom users or real Users who use other suppliers. One thing I don't need is someone selling their product that will of course be 'the best thing since sliced bread' !

Angusjim
11-06-2015, 06:35
Anyone know of any apartments preferably with large sunny terrace available for 1/1/16-8/1/16 please PM me. We are both house trained and very well behaved:tiphat:

WOODSIDER
19-06-2015, 11:02
Hi if Victoria court has any 1 bed apartments avail for long term ---1year from mid august 2015, please P.M. me .
regards

essexeddie
19-06-2015, 14:59
I think most of Vicky One is well booked for the next two years I believe.
We don't let anymore I'm afraid.

tfs1
19-06-2015, 15:45
I think most of Vicky One is well booked for the next two years I believe.
We don't let anymore I'm afraid.

Bookings for the next couple of years are going well as you say Eddie. There are people who ask to book and pay deposits for 2018 ! It's nice to be on a popular, well maintained and friendly complex.

macdonald5
19-06-2015, 19:09
Bookings for the next couple of years are going well as you say Eddie. There are people who ask to book and pay deposits for 2018 ! It's nice to be on a popular, well maintained and friendly complex.

What an achievement .......We have visited Vic2 and were impressed !!

tfs1
19-06-2015, 21:18
What an achievement .......We have visited Vic2 and were impressed !!

Thankyou for the good feedback, maybe next time you may wish to join us up the road at VC1 - we are a friendly bunch and happy to have a chat with anyone who wants to or just wish you well if you want some quiet time.

macdonald5
19-06-2015, 22:19
Thankyou for the good feedback, maybe next time you may wish to join us up the road at VC1 - we are a friendly bunch and happy to have a chat with anyone who wants to or just wish you well if you want some quiet time.

Thanx, Vic1 gets great reviews ,stayed in Ls Cris many moons ago before Vic 1 or 2 but have visited both and well impressed Kind regards

essexeddie
20-06-2015, 19:45

Rumour has it that you do like a chat :wink2:

macdonald5
20-06-2015, 21:59
Well more years than I care to remember we visited Vic1 ,we stayed at nearby Los Angeles apartments for many years ( before they went very local)
Lady in the laundry done the letting at that time but unfortunately we couldn't get weeks to suit work holidays
Always did mean to try again when we had more flexibility of holiday dates but moved on to Las Americas area

tfs1
24-06-2015, 15:22
Rumour has it that you do like a chat :wink2:

Depends on who's about to walk by ! I have been know to slip inside the apartment at speed (believe it or not) if there is someone I really dont want to talk to is about to pass by..

ps how did I miss your post ? - must be slipping ! but busy here in sunny Spain cutting the grass and doing the hedge today - making preps for our visit to Tenerife this Friday. Always something to do

Must go - Lynn and I have be invited to drinks around at the neighbours at 1700, too early for us to have a real drink but will probably manage a Fanta Limon.

essexeddie
24-06-2015, 16:19
Depends on who's about to walk by ! I have been know to slip inside the apartment at speed (believe it or not) if there is someone I really dont want to talk to is about to pass by..

ps how did I miss your post ? - must be slipping ! but busy here in sunny Spain cutting the grass and doing the hedge today - making preps for our visit to Tenerife this Friday. Always something to do

Must go - Lynn and I have be invited to drinks around at the neighbours at 1700, too early for us to have a real drink but will probably manage a Fanta Limon.

With a shot of whisky?

tfs1
24-06-2015, 20:39
With a shot of whisky?

as if !!! - as it was still hot and sunny when we all got together at 1700 - Lynn and I had white wine as he didn't have any soft drinks, after a good chat and a few bottles of white /red wine, quite a few G&Ts for the older folk ! the 6 of us called it an evening (early for us, just 2130 here) and well, here we are back at our place - Lynn relaxing in front of the TV with a Martini and lemonade and me on the terrace with a whisky and coke.

essexeddie
19-07-2015, 11:12
R.I.P. Jack Riley who sadly passed away yesterday in hospital after a short illness. Condolences to Maureen and family. He will certainly be missed by many people who new him.
Raise a G&T to him.

tfs1
19-07-2015, 12:18
R.I.P. Jack Riley who sadly passed away yesterday in hospital after a short illness. Condolences to Maureen and family. He will certainly be missed by many people who new him.
Raise a G&T to him.

We saw Jack in Tenerife a week or so ago and talking to him he clearly was frustrated at not being able to do all the things he normally would do - he used a mobility scooter to get around as walking distances was a problem and needed help in other areas as well. He would go for a 'walk' on his scooter around the complex and he and Maureen would still manage to have their 1630 'stroll' to the bar for refreshments !

His mind was a sharp as anyones, we saw him on his last day in Tenerife and he said he wouldn't be back.

He was truly a nice person and will certainly be missed.

blondie
19-07-2015, 17:36
Oh that is so sad my thoughts are with his poor family .

ramnit
19-07-2015, 18:20
The sad passing of a really nice man, our thoughts are with Maureen Jay and the rest of the family I will miss the 4.30 drink and good chats with Jack in the Cruise bar.

essexeddie
20-07-2015, 16:20
Why is this thread put in the 'sticky category' ?

Angusjim
20-07-2015, 16:29
Why is this thread put in the 'sticky category' ?

Sticky Vicky:crylaughing::crylaughing:

tfs1
20-07-2015, 16:43

10/10 !!!!!

clearly a 'light bulb' moment !

tfs1
17-12-2015, 21:19
January 2016 AGM Agenda on its way, received email version today

ramnit
18-12-2015, 08:59
Not received mine yet

tfs1
19-12-2015, 08:47
Not received mine yet

looks to be a quiet and short AGM.

tfs1
30-12-2015, 13:27
mailed copy of agm stuff received today.

essexeddie
03-01-2016, 21:16
I was emailed a copy. But I wont be there I'm afraid. We are popping over to Fuerteventura for the week. Cocked up on the dates.

tfs1
04-01-2016, 10:43
I was emailed a copy. But I wont be there I'm afraid. We are popping over to Fuerteventura for the week. Cocked up on the dates.

We are still going so can have a chat about how it went on your return. As mentioned earlier - sounds like it's one thats going to be pretty uninteresting, but you never know what AOB can throw up !

tfs1
13-01-2016, 18:33
revised agm agenda just sent out, extra 2 items added - nothing too exciting ! new loos next to poolbar and revised access to apartment P1.

essexeddie
13-01-2016, 18:39
revised agm agenda just sent out.

You was quick off the mark. Only just received mine.
Probably Peter slipped it in as he's now bought the bar he is making big changes. Which I must say are welcome. He bought the bar to stop Russians who were interested getting it. Well done Peter.

tfs1
13-01-2016, 18:43
You was quick off the mark. Only just received mine.
Probably Peter slipped it in as he's now bought the bar he is making big changes. Which I must say are welcome. He bought the bar to stop Russians who were interested getting it. Well done Peter.

It will be interesting to see who will be paying for the work if it gets signed off by the AGM, the agenda doesnt make that clear. It looks as if the loos will be built on community property so probably down to us.

It will be interesting to see who will be paying for the work if it gets signed off by the AGM, the agenda doesnt make that clear. It looks as if the loos will be built on community property so probably down to us.

I have just read elsewhere (you know where I mean !) that complexes with pools need to provide toilets at pool level - perhaps this has prompted the new agenda item. As we know we provide free toilet faciliities at a lower level accessed via half a dozen steps and also walkway incline for wheelchair access.

essexeddie
19-05-2016, 17:10
Well that was a sad day. Just back from Santa Cruz funeral. Will be sadly missed. RIP Malcolm. It won't be the same.

Leam_Lin
19-05-2016, 18:22
Well that was a sad day. Just back from Santa Cruz funeral. Will be sadly missed. RIP Malcolm. It won't be the same.

Would we know Malcolm, was he a member on TF.

tfs1
19-05-2016, 20:01
Would we know Malcolm, was he a member on TF.

No Malcolm was not a TF member. You would probably only know Malcolm if you are/were an apartment owner on Victoria Court 1, he sadly passed away on Monday quite unexpectedly.

LizzyW
03-06-2016, 18:44
would anyone on VC1 have a 1 month holiday rental available for possibly the whole of October. I am not 100% sure of dates as this is to tie in with the date our house in the UK sells. If you have something around this time available please message me. Many thanks

essexeddie
03-06-2016, 23:18
Month in Oct is a tall order for Vicky one

LizzyW
04-06-2016, 08:22
Thanks for reply. Are there any other complexes in los cristianos where anyone might know of someone who has october free?

Ecky Thump
04-06-2016, 08:47
Thanks for reply. Are there any other complexes in los cristianos where anyone might know of someone who has october free?

You could try Alfredo, he has a Los Cristianos agency, his apartments are nearly all in the centre of the town, so generally they won't be on a holiday complex....the one big advantage is his costing, which you will find to be very competitive.
He speaks perfect English and is a nice person to deal with.

www.alfredorealestate.com

tfs1
27-01-2017, 18:03
Anyone know the name of the company that can provide interent into each apartment on Vicky 2 but involves buying one of the companies 'boxes' for around a one off cost of €250 and linking it to the upgraded fibre TV/Internet system. Also it is any good ?

essexeddie
04-10-2018, 18:40
Well we now have private internet in every apartment with fibre optic plus the free one around the complex.
Why do some complexes still charge for it?

junglejim
10-10-2018, 06:42
Anyone know the name of the company that can provide interent into each apartment on Vicky 2 but involves buying one of the companies 'boxes' for around a one off cost of €250 and linking it to the upgraded fibre TV/Internet system. Also it is any good ?
A bit late in answering this one , we have been using Premier for this for just over a year , buy the Co-Ax router, the sytem pumps the internet from their special equipment - our Community Fees pay for the supply - we get around 30Mbs supply in apartment .
It has been very reliable and speed is more than enough for most uses !