PDA

View Full Version : Utilities Has anyone changed to Endesa Mercado Libre and got 20% off their bills?

Cruise
13-03-2013, 17:42
Hi all,

Was speaking with Endesa today and asked about this 20% discount I heard about from an electrician if we joined Mercado Libro. They confirmed it was correct and even gave me a phone no. to contact them.

Can anyone explain this to me. Has any one changed to mercado libre and their electricity bills are down by 20%?

9PLUS hope it tags as he will surely know. Thanks

9PLUS
13-03-2013, 18:14
It was 10 or 15% off depends on what type of installation it was

Sounds a lot but it was reduced for a short time only

THE problem is, Theres a lot of promise in the sales side of electricity

Endesa always rule, i would not recomend anyone other than them.

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

To add the discount was only applied to the standing charge so doesnt really Save a great deal anyhow.

You hace to swap to THE Open market or theyll increase your Bill by 20% over time anyway

Cruise
13-03-2013, 18:38
It was 10 or 15% off depends on what type of installation it was

Sounds a lot but it was reduced for a short time only

THE problem is, Theres a lot of promise in the sales side of electricity

Endesa always rule, i would not recomend anyone other than them.

To add the discount was only applied to the standing charge so doesnt really Save a great deal anyhow.

You hace to swap to THE Open market or theyll increase your Bill by 20% over time anyway

we have to swap to the open market anyway or "they " Do you mean Endesa will increase our bills by 20%?

Who is the open market? is it not still run by Endesa? Sorry 9plus but not understanding as first you say you wouldn¨t recommend anyone but Endesa but then you say " You hace to swap to THE Open market or theyll increase your Bill by 20% over time anyway"

Can you please explain. Thanks in advance.

9PLUS
13-03-2013, 19:04
Endesa gradually increase bills in 5% incriments this is in a round a out way of fining the end user for not swapping into the Open market.

Heres is list of All involved in THE OM www.9plusonline.com/openmarket (http://9plusonline.com/electrician-tenerife-elec-co-fully-legal-electic-installations-an-projects-in tenerife/)

Cruise
13-03-2013, 19:22
Endesa gradually increase bills in 5% incriments this is in a round a out way of fining the end user for not swapping into the Open market.

Heres is list of All involved in THE OM www.9plusonline.com/openmarket (http://9plusonline.com/electrician-tenerife-elec-co-fully-legal-electic-installations-an-projects-in tenerife/)

Thanks for replying. None of the phone no. I was given today is on your lovely page. The no. I was given by Endesa to call is 800760909 and was told my bill would be 20% off. We have property on 8.8 potencia and 5.5 potencia. What and who do you recommend? And if I understand correctly we have to change to open market or endesa will charge us more Correct? So why does endesa want us to move to the open market ?

9PLUS
13-03-2013, 22:38
OK yes there are a couple of changes i need to make to that list, one or two no longer exist...

I would eat my van if they gave you 20% off your complete bill. Like i said earlier There's a lot of promise in the sales side of electricity

There's 5 companys throughout Spain that control certain areas (we can say the owners of the electricity productions plants and distribution line for arguments sake) they are TUR (Tarifa de Último Recurso)

You still have to make new accounts with them (in the Canaries it's ENDESA) but where it changes is you will be asked to go into the open market (meaning not just with Endesa if you like)

My advice is to stay with Endesa (Endesa Energía, S.A.U.) because in my professional opinion ALL of the others are rubbish.

My professional opinion is to steer clear of this company Iberdrola Generación, S.A.U

Endesa Energía, S.A is still the Endesa we know and love it's just they had to start another company when the Government liberated the market i.e OPEN MARKET

But if you think you're getting a deal go with whoever you like.

The 20% increase has been set by the Government, Endesa just have to do what they are told.

tiana
14-03-2013, 15:34
Hi, Well i have changed to Iberdrola (Scottish Power) a few months back as they have bills in English (on line) and do a fixed rate for 2.5 years. Although the rate per Kw was slightly higher at the outset, i note from comparing it to a recent bill with a friend that mine is now lower per Kw. I suppose its a risk going for a fixed rate, but it seems to be the right move at the moment due to ever increasing utility prices. This company was good in my case, but i suppose it will depend on individual circumstances. It was an English guy that arranged it for me and it hppened the way he said it would. pm me if youwant his number, i´m sure he will be please to advise.

doncarlos
14-03-2013, 15:42

But doesn't this depend on the contract? For example, if you have more than 10KW contracted you cannot opt for the open market but do they still increase your bills?

9PLUS
14-03-2013, 16:19
it's not really a question of opting or not.

You have to choose which company you are going to deal with.

It's up to you.

In a short period of time there will only be the Open Market, all it is, is 30 odd companys able to sell electricity to you instead of one company.

tiana
14-03-2013, 20:05
Hi DonCarlos,
Well, i called the guy from Iberdrola and they do a fixed rate for 2.5 years also on 10 + KW