PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone ever stayed at Tenerife Royal Gardens?

its not me
14-03-2013, 23:49
just booked royal gardens pdla aprtm 3110 wondering did any one stay at this complex any tips etc; thanks

Medman
15-03-2013, 00:05
just booked royal gardens pdla aprtm 3110 wondering did any one stay at this complex any tips etc; thanks

The apartment number doesn't sound right. We have stayed in 3.1 which was top floor looking towards the sea at the Med Palace end, We aslo stayed there another 3 times. Some apartments are better than others. the refurb ones were all great with air-con. Best thing is the sunbeds on your own balcony. Quiet pool area (no pool bar) Good security. Definately our preferred choice. You'll love it.

its not me
15-03-2013, 00:13
yes your right about number it is infact c1.10 what time of year do ye go dose pool bar open at all, thanks

Medman
15-03-2013, 00:20
yes your right about number it is infact c1.10 what time of year do ye go dose pool bar open at all, thanks

1.10 is on the first floor. The pool bar closed permanently a few years ago. You won't miss it. We only go down for a swim then back to the sunbed and a fridge full of beer. The location is brilliant. On the flat and close enough to the biz if you want it. If you like live music, you must go see The Vagabonds at The Bulls Head which is on the La Paz strip of bars behind the Safari shopping centre. Also look out for the band Crush.

its not me
15-03-2013, 00:24
thanks medman that sounds good to me

9PLUS
15-03-2013, 08:06
Anyone ever stayed at Tenerife Royal Gardens?

Oh yeah for a couple of hours

xxx

Malteser Monkey
15-03-2013, 10:02

Party time, what time do you want us? Apt 3110 yeah ?

Bring a bottle or two

:D

Medman
15-03-2013, 10:04
Oh yeah for a couple of hours

xxx

So you still have your cleaning job then ? :D

its not me
15-03-2013, 10:43
its apt c1.10 any time from 24july :cheers::cheers:http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/images/smilies/beer2.gif

Medman
15-03-2013, 10:55
its apt c1.10 any time from 24july :cheers::cheers:http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/images/smilies/beer2.gif

Hope it's a re-furb with air-con, coz you're gonna need it in July ...... :sunburn::sunbathe::beach::sunny::sunshine:

its not me
15-03-2013, 11:08
i think ill inquire about that

Medman
15-03-2013, 11:20
i think ill enguire about that

You can hire fans from the shop at the beach front of the apartments. Not as good as air-con but better that nothing (especially at night) Have a good one.

its not me
15-03-2013, 12:59
thanks medman if you have any more useful tips please let me know pubs shops etc

Medman
15-03-2013, 15:27
thanks medman if you have any more useful tips please let me know pubs shops etc

There is a small supermarket right at the entrance to the apartments. Good for the basics (especially heavy water bottles) reasonable price. I'm sure it's open to midnight. For a bigger choice you can go to the supermarket at Parque Santiago 5 (up to the roundabout, turn left and it's on the right past all the restaurants)

There is a bar right at the entrance (McGuinness) Bit run down but ideal for a quick good cheap pint in the afternoon.

With pubs you are spoilt for choice. If you go out of apartments and turn right up to the roundabout. Straight through and along on the left is a full strip of bars (La Paz) Should find something to suit you there. Most of the bars sell food which is ok for a "normal" night but if you want something a bit better you can go the the Safari centre (at the dancing fountains) Again all types of restaurants there. Also look out for the Monkey Bar, (right at the roundabout)a bit expensive but great cocktails and food. (try the Foo Manchoo :yum: )

If you have Google Earth you can see the area that your apartment is in. (next to the Mare Nostrum Resort)

Even when you're there and want some info, just get onto the Forum and someone will help you out.

its not me
15-03-2013, 15:59
gteat stuff again medman we will try all

marbro8
15-03-2013, 21:00
gteat stuff again medman we will try allif you need to get on the forum at any time or change some money, book trips, change books? just pop along to redarrow just down the road and see bob and jess, they are a lovely couple realy helpful and very competitive;) just next door to the compostella beach, there are also a few good bars down there the rovers return for a few beers and a good breakfast, surfers bar for good portions of english grub,and scampi's for great fish and chips run by ex pat chris and his lovely wife;)

its not me
15-03-2013, 21:25
very good lads thanks for information just on the off chance is there a bookies in pdla

marbro8
15-03-2013, 21:41
very good lads thanks for information just on the off chance is there a bookies in pdla
i wouldn't go there at the minit mate:doh::lol: there was a thread on here last week about that and because it is illegal to back horses in tenerife no one likes to give that info out on an open forum, but yes you can make a bet;) you will have to use the pm facility for that question ;)

Medman
16-03-2013, 00:03
i wouldn't go there at the minit mate:doh::lol: there was a thread on here last week about that and because it is illegal to back horses in tenerife no one likes to give that info out on an open forum, but yes you can make a bet;) you will have to use the pm facility for that question ;)

What is the world coming to ...... You can eat em but not back em :D

marbro8
16-03-2013, 00:11
What is the world coming to ...... You can eat em but not back em :D............class:crylaughing:

TenerifeFanatic
16-03-2013, 22:23
There is a small supermarket right at the entrance to the apartments. Good for the basics (especially heavy water bottles) reasonable price. I'm sure it's open to midnight. For a bigger choice you can go to the supermarket at Parque Santiago 5 (up to the roundabout, turn left and it's on the right past all the restaurants)

There is a bar right at the entrance (McGuinness) Bit run down but ideal for a quick good cheap pint in the afternoon.

With pubs you are spoilt for choice. If you go out of apartments and turn right up to the roundabout. Straight through and along on the left is a full strip of bars (La Paz) Should find something to suit you there. Most of the bars sell food which is ok for a "normal" night but if you want something a bit better you can go the the Safari centre (at the dancing fountains) Again all types of restaurants there. Also look out for the Monkey Bar, (right at the roundabout)a bit expensive but great cocktails and food. (try the Foo Manchoo :yum: )

If you have Google Earth you can see the area that your apartment is in. (next to the Mare Nostrum Resort)

Even when you're there and want some info, just get onto the Forum and someone will help you out.
Great post from Medman, concur with all the comments but in my experience I feel that Mercadona Supermarket (up from twin tower buildings Torres Del Sol) offers better value than Parque Santiago V supermarket.:)

its not me
16-03-2013, 23:04
will check that tenerifefanatic thanks for that

timmylish
17-03-2013, 03:54
Another Forum thread pontificating illegal actings. I recall when this was a great place to be around.
Anyway, the apt. no. looks to me to be on the Ground Floor, adjacent to the swimming pool. Maybe wrong! Sounds like a Studio apt. so air-con is unlikely as there are no access points. Sincerely hope that I,m wrong and no disrespect to you on the betting matter!

Medman
17-03-2013, 10:22
Another Forum thread pontificating illegal actings. I recall when this was a great place to be around.
Anyway, the apt. no. looks to me to be on the Ground Floor, adjacent to the swimming pool. Maybe wrong! Sounds like a Studio apt. so air-con is unlikely as there are no access points. Sincerely hope that I,m wrong and no disrespect to you on the betting matter!

The apartments that open out onto the pool area begin with 0., so C1.10 is on first floor and going by the plan it is on the corner and looks larger than some. Regarding air-con. The units all tend to be out on the balcony so access shouldn't be a problem.

its not me
17-03-2013, 10:30
thanks timmylish for info to be fare i don't think there was any pontificating going on as they say
" when in rome"