PDA

View Full Version : Triple murder stuns villagers in Piedra Hincada

Canarian Weekly
15-03-2013, 11:50
A 42 YEAR-OLD man, José Antonio G.S has been held by Police after allegedly stabbing to death his in-laws and his own four-year-old son.
The tragic incident happened at their house in Piedra Hincada, Guia de Isora, on Wednesday evening.
Neighbours heard screaming and shouting from the Calle de Basalto home at around 8pm.
It then fell silent, and Cabo Verdean José Antonio G.S was said to have run into the street, with blood-stained clothes, shouting: “I killed my family! I killed my family.”
The emergency services received several calls at 8.09pm, and local Police arrived at the property soon afterwards and found three people dead, including the four-year-old.
He was upstairs with his maternal grand-parents – 50-year-old grandmother Maria de Los Angeles Bello Gonzalez, originally from Icod, and grandfather Dalmacio Mendoza Navarro, 54, a La Gomera native. All had suffered a series of stab wounds.
Sources confirmed to Canarian Weekly that the 42-year-old suspect was taken toCandelariaHospital, where he had an operation for cuts to his wrist tendons.
However, it is not known whether the wounds were self-inflicted or as a result of a struggle.
Police confirmed that there had been no previous accusations against the detained man. And, at present there is no motive for the frenzied stabbing.
The house is now taped up as a crime scene by Police, who have been investigating what led to this well-liked man allegedly killing his family.
There is conflicting information, but it is thought that the 42 year-old now lived in Armenime, Adeje, with his girlfriend and young son.
And the grand-parents were thought to be baby-sitting at their own family home while their daughter was at work. Their other daughter was also absent at the time of the incident.
The horrendous incident has shocked residents of the quiet, sleepy village of Piedra Hincada, which has a population of just over 1,000.
The family, who were well known and popular with villagers. had lived in the area for years.
One local told Canarian Weekly: “Jose was liked by everyone. He was trying to get a local football team together, and he adored his son.”
Dozens of residents crowded on the street on Wednesday evening, stunned by the magnitude of events and unable to absorb such the tragedy.
The local council of Guia de Isora, which held a special meeting yesterday (Thursday), conveyed its support and condolences to the family, especially to “Mónica Mendoza Bello, who lost both her parents and her son yesterday”.
The municipality of Guia de Isora announced that there would be three days of official mourning for the family.

More... (http://www.canarianweekly.com/triple-murder-stuns-villagers/)

KirstyJay
22-03-2013, 13:06
I can never comprehend how a parent could harm their own child :(

warbey
22-03-2013, 21:25
I can never comprehend how a parent could harm their own child :(

Too many do, in many various ways, mentally and Physically.

marbro8
22-03-2013, 21:42
I can never comprehend how a parent could harm their own child :(yes you are right, sadly a few years ago a family friend's daughter and her two children where killed on xmas eve by her partner:( and while he was on remand in prison he hung himself, and every time i look at a picture of that poor baby P i can't help thinking about his poor life, about the pain he went through and never knowing how a happy childhood should be, it really makes you want to cry:(