PDA

View Full Version : Education Courses with CEP and Taxi/bus driver

xSOLx
16-03-2013, 14:02
Hello all!

I am constantly researching regarding courses and work in Tenerife as we want to move out there but I know how difficult it is and don't want to move without a PLAN or job.

In the UK I have my own dog walking/Boarding buisness, I don't intend to do this if I move over as I know it's probably impossible over there, so I want to educate myself and would like to continue working with dogs if possible, I have found a Dog grooming course in Santa Cruz for cheap compared to the UK and would like to see if anyone has any experience of doing any courses with CEP, are they legit? They say after the completion of the course they will help you find a job, put your details in the bolsa de trabajo? I know how hard work it is to find work in tenerife right now so I'm not expecting miracles but is there much work for dog groomers or maybe being self employed? Would also love to help out the many dog rescues with a trim or 2 once qualified :)
How much can you expect to earn working for someone or self employed? I'm bilingual in English and Spanish. I'm not looking to become a millionaire I just want a basic salary where I can live, eat, pay rent and bills and enjoy a Canarian lifestyle :)

My other half is a London Bus Driver, he would love a driving job. I've seen on various Spanish websites they are looking for taxi drivers to cover La Laguna area, does anyone know the procedure/how to go about doing a course to get a taxi licence? Do you need your own car etc?
I constantly check Titsa website for driver vacancies but there website doesn't have anything about becoming a bus driver or even a contact email? Does anyone know anyone who could help us find out info, it might be there are no vacancies but it would be nice to find out the process for the future if there ever are vacancies. He is also bilingual in Spanish and English so we don't have any problems doing any Spanish courses.

Hope to hear any info you lovely people may have.
Thanks for reading :)

xSOLx

bonitatime
17-03-2013, 13:55
Titsa arent looking for drivers
Their drivers actually have to go on the dole 2 days a quarter to help keep the company going
Jobs are hard and you both really need to speak Spanish to have any chance. That said dog grooming might be a good idea.
Did the lady by the golf doing this not just go home?

xSOLx
17-03-2013, 14:39
Titsa arent looking for drivers
Their drivers actually have to go on the dole 2 days a quarter to help keep the company going
Jobs are hard and you both really need to speak Spanish to have any chance. That said dog grooming might be a good idea.
Did the lady by the golf doing this not just go home?

Thanks for your info regarding titsa. We are both bilingual in English and Spanish so language will never be a problem.
If anyone has any info on the CEP courses in Santa Cruz and how to go about finishing out about the taxi drivers vacancies in La Laguna please let me know. Thank you

xSOLx

universal
17-03-2013, 18:16
TRASPASO PARADA TAXI Y VEHICULO
se traspasa parada taxi orotava y vehiculo mercedes 190 D 2. 5 en muy buen estado se puede ver sin compromiso solo atiendo llamadas o wassap interesados contactar jose
50.000€

This is an offer for a taxi licence and car - that's they way they work.
If you are lucky you may find a licence only for €30,000 - but with Santa Cruz drivers complaining that they are earning €20-30 for a 12 hour shift I would think twice about this as a career choice.

xSOLx
17-03-2013, 23:47
TRASPASO PARADA TAXI Y VEHICULO
se traspasa parada taxi orotava y vehiculo mercedes 190 D 2. 5 en muy buen estado se puede ver sin compromiso solo atiendo llamadas o wassap interesados contactar jose
50.000€

This is an offer for a taxi licence and car - that's they way they work.
If you are lucky you may find a licence only for €30,000 - but with Santa Cruz drivers complaining that they are earning €20-30 for a 12 hour shift I would think twice about this as a career choice.

Thanks for your reply about the taxis. How sad :( this seems very very hard. We have wanted to go for the past 3 years but the dream seems so far. I'm determined not to get on that plane without a Plan, but seems like any idea we think off is not going to work. We are both young and no kids, no morgage, with savings but stills looks like its impossible to find something positive about getting any work there.

slodgedad
18-03-2013, 02:08
Thanks for your reply about the taxis. How sad :( this seems very very hard. We have wanted to go for the past 3 years but the dream seems so far. I'm determined not to get on that plane without a Plan, but seems like any idea we think off is not going to work. We are both young and no kids, no morgage, with savings but stills looks like its impossible to find something positive about getting any work there.

This may be slightly 'off topic' but after 19 years in Tenerife the vast majority of people I know are working in jobs that are nothing to do with their qualifications.

Everyone dreams about bringing their skills here but, in reality, if you crave the lifestyle you have to accept any work that brings home the bacon.

People who achieve their pre planned goals are very far and few between here.

Super qualified locals with degrees are now looking elsewhere for work.

xSOLx
18-03-2013, 09:49
This may be slightly 'off topic' but after 19 years in Tenerife the vast majority of people I know are working in jobs that are nothing to do with their qualifications.

Everyone dreams about bringing their skills here but, in reality, if you crave the lifestyle you have to accept any work that brings home the bacon.

People who achieve their pre planned goals are very far and few between here.

Super qualified locals with degrees are now looking elsewhere for work.

Thanks for all your comment and advice slodgedad. I was also thinking similar but with all the negative comments and things your hear on the news about all the unemployment I thought if we had a plan it would make a bit more sence, But as you say it's defiantly the lifestyle we are looking for so maybe we just have to be a little brave and just go hoping to possibly get work in a bar, hotel etc and just see where that takes us... I'm defiantly ok with this especially as we have savings and even both speak Spanish its just my other half I'm going to have to convince to make the move without a "plan".

xSOLx

Madelene B
03-08-2013, 20:37
xSOLx, any progress for you?