PDA

View Full Version : Cars & Transport Which hire car company is best at Tenerife South airport?

nigelmercier
19-03-2013, 12:02
I'm sure there was a thread with recommendations for car hire companies with pick up at TFS, but I cant find it.

Any hints?

BobMac
19-03-2013, 12:43
Autoreisen - best value, no surprises on prices.

Book online and pay when you pick up - price includes everything; bring it back with the same amount of fuel you got on picking it up.

You can sort out the car while you're waiting on your luggage as they have a desk in the baggage collection hall.

Website is www.autoreisen.es

Vortex Wake
19-03-2013, 12:56
Yes, to reiterate what BobMac has said - Autoreisen do not have any hidden charges (unlike other who 'force' you to buy more petrol than you need etc etc.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOGQ2j86t08

I do like the fact that I am number one with Youtube Autoreisen search :D

johnr
19-03-2013, 14:31
http://www.sanasty.com/

essexeddie
31-03-2013, 18:31
Autoreisen. Used them for years, best price by far. Also Sanasty in the past with no complaints.
Dont use them now as I have just bought my own car now.

casabonny
31-03-2013, 20:17
I second both of these recomendations.

Susief
31-03-2013, 20:20
Autoreisen or Orcar Canarias (same company)
You don't pay for car until you pick it up at airport!

Su1
31-03-2013, 22:48
You can cancel with no penalties also re book if they reduce the prices. We book as soon as we book the flights then keep an eye on the prices......ususally goes up so early booking usually pays.

Susief
01-04-2013, 08:47
Just rebooked mine for April as was 10 euro cheaper than when I booked.

essexeddie
01-04-2013, 14:55
You can cancel with no penalties also re book if they reduce the prices. We book as soon as we book the flights then keep an eye on the prices......ususally goes up so early booking usually pays.

Same as Autoreisen

Su1
01-04-2013, 15:11
Same as Autoreisen

It was Autoreisen I was referring to!

helhod
01-04-2013, 18:46
If you go with Gold car rental you will have a surprise you will have a shock at the extras avoid them like the plague ,Used many in the last 4 years but this one is def no go ever again thought when we booked on line it was ok but when you het to the desk to many exra's that are not needed !!! AVOID AVOID

xSeaShellsx
01-04-2013, 18:50
Hey I just wanted to ask a question about Autoreisen. Is it better to pay with my Debit Card or Credit Card? The price I have been quoted is under £100, so not too sure on what card I should use as I'm not sure if the debit card will end up with a higher fee. Not used my credit card before so just want to make sure. Plus this would be my first time hiring a car although I have been driving 6 years but never in Tenerife. Thank You.

Susief
01-04-2013, 20:00
Hey I just wanted to ask a question about Autoreisen. Is it better to pay with my Debit Card or Credit Card? The price I have been quoted is under £100, so not too sure on what card I should use as I'm not sure if the debit card will end up with a higher fee. Not used my credit card before so just want to make sure. Plus this would be my first time hiring a car although I have been driving 6 years but never in Tenerife. Thank You.

We always use our Barclaycard credit card, not sure they accept debit cards. You can pay cash too.
They usually give you 2 prices, one in £ one in €.
We have just rebooked our car hire with Autoreisen and it's cost £102 for 12 days hire, no extras and no fuel charge!

xSeaShellsx
01-04-2013, 21:29
I didn't know you could pay with cash. I always thought it had to be a card, much better for me so that's good to know. Thank You.

Susief
01-04-2013, 21:49
I didn't know you could pay with cash. I always thought it had to be a card, much better for me so that's good to know. Thank You.

We had friends came out last year and their card wouldn't go through the machine so they offered Autoreisen cash and it wasn't a problem.
If you are going to book with them when you fill in the enquiry form ask them in the comments if you can pay cash. Would most likely be in € though.
Let us know how you go on.

Oneeye
03-04-2013, 23:26
I was about to book with Autoreisen but was a bit worried about reports of the condition and age if their vehicles. Saw the other thread here and it convinced me to book with Plus Cars instead. Same price, €96 for 8 days, Seat Ibiza. Same terms as Autoreisen almost to the letter. Accept debit as well as credit cards. No fuel scam. Pay on collection. 5 Cars, that I read were the same company as Plus Cars were quoting €116.

One thing that worried me was the insurance exclusions on all the sites. Found Questor Insurance, quoting £20 to fully cover all the uncovered stuff like keys, tyres, undercarriage, glass etc. Seems worth it. So under £100 all in and no worries, well pleased.

Fifth trip in all since 1987, first trip back to Los Gigantes since 1989, guess it might have changed a bit, can't wait. But I swear I've never paid less for car hire. Must have been mad.