PDA

View Full Version : Television Is anyone else using 'expat shield'?

tub
20-03-2013, 21:39
Hi i have just down loaded expat shield so i can watch uk tv on my lap top is this a good provider and will it work with a dongle i got at christmas from ai computors and it seemed to work quite well but icould not skype with a picture i would be greatful for any info

Medanoman
21-03-2013, 01:45
Hi Tub, expat shield is a "ip Proxy " , all it does is convert your Spanish ip into a British one so that you can trick the BBC into streaming tv to your pc.

the actual speed of connection is not really determined by expat , but by local services, be it wifi , adsl or your dongle

Skype on the other hand does not need to be proxied in order to work. Skype can be bandwidth hungry though, in that your machine acts as a node not only for your communications but for other communications aswell. Now using skype through a proxy might be like trying to get water out of a hose when someone is standing on it. It is my guess that skype video comms could therefore be affected when running through proxy. Best to drop the expat shield when skyping

dipper
20-12-2013, 13:02
Hi i have just down loaded expat shield so i can watch uk tv on my lap top is this a good provider and will it work with a dongle i got at christmas from ai computors and it seemed to work quite well but icould not skype with a picture i would be greatful for any info

http://drakulastream.eu/

timmylish
20-12-2013, 18:53
Ever heard of "you only get what you pay for"? Stump up and get a proper VPN thru' VPNUK. Fantastic service and quality of product. Used them for years and everything works with it.