PDA

View Full Version : Other Beware of gruas in San Eugenio. Don't get your car towed!

SVFUN
21-03-2013, 18:45
While in Las Chafiras stopping with a freind last week .i borrowed her car and went to San Eugenio shopping centre .I parked at top of hill to the side of the entrance ...First time ive drove in Tenerife ...there was five cars parked outside the bays on the white line so i thought fine park here ...walked down ..guess i was gone 5mins came back car gone and they were just putting another on the wagon ...i swear they must have been hidden somewhere praying on people for it to be done that fast ..Then i got told they constantly park round the corner at the top ...my fault i know but when you see locals parked you think its fine ........Beware cost me 60 euros to get it back from the compound ......watch out theres a truck about :devil:

junglejim
21-03-2013, 19:04
For God´s sake don´t tell Timmylish or 9+ they think they´re doing a grand job cracking real crime (like parking near a shopping centre).
The people of San Eugenio can sleep safe knowing their parking bays are safe !
AdejeEasymoney.com

SVFUN
21-03-2013, 19:17
The plus side ...im hoping my 60 euros is going to be used to redevelope the whole of the Veronicas area ...

9PLUS
21-03-2013, 19:25
While in Las Chafiras stopping with a freind last week .i borrowed her car and went to San Eugenio shopping centre .I parked at top of hill to the side of the entrance ...First time ive drove in Tenerife ...there was five cars parked outside the bays on the white line so i thought fine park here ...walked down ..guess i was gone 5mins came back car gone and they were just putting another on the wagon ...i swear they must have been hidden somewhere praying on people for it to be done that fast ..Then i got told they constantly park round the corner at the top ...my fault i know but when you see locals parked you think its fine ........Beware cost me 60 euros to get it back from the compound ......watch out theres a truck about :devil:

At least it wasn't stolen, what better place for it to be in an armed guarded CCTV'ed compound.

If it wasn't for people like yourself these Police could send more time in solving crimes than with little buggers that don't know that highway code.

SVFUN
21-03-2013, 19:38
Didnt see any armed guards ..just a fit bird behind the counter ...if it wasnt for people like me Veronicas wouldnt get done .:)......

since when have the police in L..Americas solved crime ........they are the crime

9PLUS
21-03-2013, 22:01
hahahahahahahaha

Thank you for investing but has little to do with Veronicas.

SVFUN
22-03-2013, 09:10
My little dig at that ****hole area of L/Americas thats all ...as if they would invest in that area

9PLUS
22-03-2013, 09:35
My little dig at that ****hole area of L/Americas thats all ...as if they would invest in that area

Las Americas investment over the last 10 years, over 300 million euros

kathml
22-03-2013, 10:12
[QUOTE=9PLUS;272766]Las Americas investment over the last 10 years, over 300 million euros[/QUOTE

peanuts!! should have been 10 times that

seanocelt
22-03-2013, 10:56
What an attention grabbing thread title! The real SNIPERS are on the illegal letttings thread. A lot of poor shots though.

SVFUN
22-03-2013, 15:56
Las Americas investment over the last 10 years, over 300 million euros

Investment in the soho district of london £80.000.000.....in the last year ....those figures were doctored also ....get my point ?

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

What an attention grabbing thread title! The real SNIPERS are on the illegal letttings thread. A lot of poor shots though.

Eh :dontknow:

Enough about veronicas ...what about my poor little Renault ..my freind tells me its still stressed from the ordeal :greencar:

carpenter
22-03-2013, 16:32
You play the game, sometimes you win but occasionally you lose :(
Today I wanted some speakers for my PC so I set the strategic wheels in motion
1) reserve online at argos
2) jump in the wifes car as it's smaller and she has more fuel than me
3) drive down a dead-end town center road that leads to Argos
4) look for the traffic warden and see which way he's heading
5) Run to the shop and punch in the reservation code, pay, take a ticket and run back out of the shop to watch the car.
6) After sufficient time return to the collections counter and collect goods (refuse everything including a bag! This takes longer)
7) Exit the shop, see the sneaky traffic warden approaching and run like hell back to the car.
8) Have a quick joke with the warden and drive home happy with the victory.

I knew the car shouldn't have been there but I played a good game :)

9PLUS
22-03-2013, 17:02

Silly bugger

Vortex Wake
22-03-2013, 17:05
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qS6VlhNFXwE

doingok
22-03-2013, 17:08
Your lucky 60(56 euros) euros is usually just the pick up truck price i bet you will get the fine to of 45 euros through door of the owner of the car,As just went to the one in PLA depot yesterday with a friend to pick a car up so the total maybe 101 euros HAHAHA

SVFUN
22-03-2013, 18:07
At least it wasn't stolen, what better place for it to be in an armed guarded CCTV'ed compound.

Nob

9PLUS
22-03-2013, 18:08

Nob

I like your new signature.

SVFUN
22-03-2013, 18:10
Your lucky 60(56 euros) euros is usually just the pick up truck price i bet you will get the fine to of 45 euros through door of the owner of the car,As just went to the one in PLA depot yesterday with a friend to pick a car up so the total maybe 101 euros HAHAHA

No dont think so..... on the ticket it states you have one hour to pick up without incuring extra fees .......we did it in 37 mins ....so they owe me ..whats 23 mins deducted from 60 euros ..

Fivepence

Nob

You obviously don't know 9PLUS SVFUN and his dry sense of humour...........anyway he's Sir Nob to us. :tiphat:

SVFUN
I like your new signature.

come on chill

You obviously don't know 9PLUS SVFUN and his dry sense of humour...........anyway he's Sir Nob to us. :tiphat:

im playing with him :raspberry2:

YOUNG GOLFER
22-03-2013, 18:16
come on chill

he would like that.............................................. ..:tiphat:

SVFUN
22-03-2013, 18:47
he would like that.............................................. ..:tiphat:

I walked into that didnt i ....sure hes a nice guy ......but im after a hunky tow truck driver :hug:

9PLUS
22-03-2013, 18:53
I mean no harm SVFUN

x

SVFUN
22-03-2013, 19:03
I mean no harm SVFUN

x

Neither do i 9plus ....i love a bit of harmless banter ....xx

9PLUS
22-03-2013, 19:28
Ha haaa fallen into my trap you silly bugger...........................pfft

Cheers

x

SVFUN
22-03-2013, 20:01
:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:.........you got me

seanocelt
23-03-2013, 00:12
I feel the same. I think. watch out for them snipers though.

videotalker
27-03-2013, 12:28
There's no excuse for getting towed in San Eugenio, as there is the underground parking and also the parking behind El Molino Blanco (which is free). We walked past the shopping centre last week and some clown had parked on the taxi rank outside Mercadona! Crazy - the Grua was there in minutes - another daft holiday maker with more money than sense!

9PLUS
27-03-2013, 13:00
another daft holiday maker with more money than sense!

or that silly bugger CSAWFUN

x

junglejim
27-03-2013, 13:05
When they refurbished Avenida España (from St Eugene´s downhill) - they left no street parking other than for Taxi´s forcing people to use the underground car parks .
The underground parking at CC San Eugenio is cheap but very busy and tight to park - free if you do some shopping in Mercadona .
The police/Grua relationship is very efficient and a great moneyspinner for the council - Güiris are easy game !

Malteser Monkey
27-03-2013, 13:12
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qS6VlhNFXwE

Why are they towing that car do we know - there is one parked in a bay with a yellow cross I thought you weren't allowed to park in them or have I gotten confused ? (doesn't take much these days)

I got towed in Cristianos late 90's for having part of my tyre and I mean part of my tyre on a zebra crossing - I was in a parking bay.

Good gives me a break:cheeky:

9PLUS

Medanoman
27-03-2013, 14:33
I only got towed once, and that was because i had parked what i thought was correctly within a car park. not causing an obstruction. Reason? It was not a painted bay. I was so sure it was unfair that i took photos of the crime scene.

You can complain to the Policia Local responsible for towing your car. And i did, I was only partly successful as the officer told me that the Towing away by the grua is a charge over which they cannot get involved. ( i.e. its so hard getting money back off the private contractor when it was a police officers ordered removal.) So regardless of whether it was right or not the contractor did work removing the car. To attempt to reclaim money from the grua was deemed an impossible task.
But the officer in Adeje, a family friend of a friend who is an officer in Grandilla and related to another family member in the police in Arona told me what to write word for word in the complaint form so the fine was removed.

The invented story then went something like this...

Basically , I had to relieve myself desperately, as i was suffering from a tummy bug, I found the said parking spot thinking that as it was within the confines of a public car park and not causing an obstruction it would be ok.

I left the car for a maximum of 10 minutes while i entered the shopping center to find a toilet. On my return the car had gone.

So i had to pay to get the car out of the grua ..but no fine ever appeared.

golf birdie
27-03-2013, 14:45
I left the car for a maximum of 10 minutes while i entered the shopping center to find a toilet. On my return the car had gone.

So i had to pay the get the car out of the grua ..but no fine ever appeared.

just wait until you get the fine for using a toilet without the right documents or giving prior notice :laugh:

junglejim
27-03-2013, 14:46
I only got towed once, and that was because i had parked what i thought was correctly within a car park. not causing an obstruction. Reason? It was not a painted bay. I was so sure it was unfair that i took photos of the crime scene.

You can complain to the Policia Local responsible for towing your car. And i did, I was only partly successful as the officer told me that the Towing away by the grua is a charge over which they cannot get involved. ( i.e. its so hard getting money back off the private contractor when it was a police officers ordered removal.) So regardless of whether it was right or not the contractor did work removing the car. To attempt to reclaim money from the guru was deemed an impossible task.
But the officer in Adeje, a family friend of a friend who is an officer in Grandilla and related to another family member in the police in Arona told me what to write word for word in the complaint form so the fine was removed.

The invented story then went something like this...

Basically , I had to relieve myself desperately, as i was suffering from a tummy bug, I found the said parking spot thinking that as it was within the confines of a public car park and not causing an obstruction it would be ok.

So i had to pay the get the car out of the grua ..but no fine ever appeared.
Can you give us the Spanish version too please - might be useful !

SVFUN
27-03-2013, 19:01
There's no excuse for getting towed in San Eugenio, as there is the underground parking and also the parking behind El Molino Blanco (which is free). We walked past the shopping centre last week and some clown had parked on the taxi rank outside Mercadona! Crazy - the Grua was there in minutes - another daft holiday maker with more money than sense!

Ive got no money or no sense ..Didnt class myself as an holiday maker as i was stopping with my lovely canarian friends and there house felt just like mine for the week ...So i like to think i was residential ...and will be one day ....maybe we can have a drink sometime ...lovely cafe in centre of san eugenio shopping centre .......I sound like a silly bugger