PDA

View Full Version : Advice wanted Where can I find out about organised pub crawls in Tenerife?

cheekyspartybar
23-03-2013, 21:48
Hi all

Needing some help

Does anybody know who runs the pub crawls etc in tenerife? I believe some of the holiday firms do some but not sure.
I'm away to open a new bar/club on starco in las Americas and trying to find some contacts

Any help would be hugely appreciated

Scott

marbro8
23-03-2013, 22:40
Hi all

Needing some help

Does anybody know who runs the pub crawls etc in tenerife? I believe some of the holiday firms do some but not sure.
I'm away to open a new bar/club on starco in las Americas and trying to find some contacts

Any help would be hugely appreciated

Scotthi scott:) i wish you every success in your new venture, but tbh i thought that tenerife was trying to get away from the veronicas strip image made famous in the 90's???, don't get me wrong there are still youngsters wanting to go there for some fun but not in the numbers there used to be, but you have obviously done your homework or you wouldn't be doing it:wink: it is so hard setting up a new business in any country but tenerife is very competative:wink:

9PLUS
23-03-2013, 22:43
That's an Irish bar in the Yomely Complex next to The Wigan Arms if there's scooters outside ask in there. (Right next to Starco)

Ecky Thump
24-03-2013, 14:40
hi scott:) i wish you every success in your new venture, but tbh i thought that tenerife was trying to get away from the veronicas strip image made famous in the 90's???, don't get me wrong there are still youngsters wanting to go there for some fun but

Any one looking for a pub crawl. find Marbro, he might not be young, but he is always to be seen crawling on his hands and knees from pub to pub!!

:drunk2::trink::drunk::cheers::drunks2::vodkamachi ne::drunk2:

KirstyJay
24-03-2013, 21:52
Why not use the unemployment office for staff and why ask on the forum
for beer suppliers???Why not ask on the forum? There are many people on here that might be able to help and that's what this forum's for! Why not criticise anyone that wants to ask about anything on the forum and then there won't be one ;)

cheekyspartybar
24-03-2013, 22:08
I have been researching for bout 2-3 years.
However, there are people on here that have been on the island for years that I thought could give me some advice.
1. Starco is a bit quiet but hopefully we can change that.
2. I advertise on here for staff as there are alot of brittish people on here looking to work the summer etc that can't go in to local job centre.
3. As I said I done lots of research on suppliers but they didn't sell a few of the more unique brands I'm looking for which I know you can get here but the suppliers I have don't sell

Was only looking for some friendly advice and help wasnt here to insult anyone or make out I don't know my job. Iv been doin this along time but I know every country is different so why not ask the people that have been here alot longer and more experience with these suppliers for there opinion? I thought the forum was for that

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

I have been researching for bout 2-3 years.
However, there are people on here that have been on the island for years that I thought could give me some advice.
1. Starco is a bit quiet but hopefully we can change that.
2. I advertise on here for staff as there are alot of brittish people on here looking to work the summer etc that can't go in to local job centre.
3. As I said I done lots of research on suppliers but they didn't sell a few of the more unique brands I'm looking for which I know you can get here but the suppliers I have don't sell

Was only looking for some friendly advice and help wasnt here to insult anyone or make out I don't know my job. Iv been doin this along time but I know every country is different so why not ask the people that have been here alot longer and more experience with these suppliers for there opinion? I thought the forum was for that

KirstyJay
24-03-2013, 22:27
Was only looking for some friendly advice and help wasnt here to insult anyone or make out I don't know my job. Iv been doin this along time but I know every country is different so why not ask the people that have been here alot longer and more experience with these suppliers for there opinion? I thought the forum was for thatIt is. Please ignore some of our ruder members and ask away. :) Good luck with your business. I hope you get the info you need.

9PLUS
25-03-2013, 00:46
andyfm is alright but his brother andyam is just a load of white noise.

x

Greg
25-03-2013, 00:59
Have a word with Ross from The Mett Bar, he grew up in Starco and will help you with all you need to know. (Probably)

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Have a word with Ross from The Mett Bar, he grew up in Starco and will help you with all you need to know. (Probably) Or Andy Washbrook, the owner of Brannigans. Good luck in your venture. Which locals are you in?

AL JAY
25-03-2013, 01:16
Scott 99% of the time this forum is a friendly and very helpful place, Good luck with your new venture you will certainly need it because as you must be aware there is a lot of competition at Starco,some bars are bouncing and some not so much, Hopefully a new bar run properly and in the right location may still do ok! Are the types of special drinks you are after like Grey Goose Vodka etc which seem to be very popular on the UK scene?

KirstyJay
25-03-2013, 09:42
Blimey!!! Sorry if i have upset anybody???
My point was if your opening a new bar here fórum members would NOT give
details of the "BEST"(Sorry Kirsty) suppliers for alcohol,meat,furniture,etc,etc!!!
As i said i wish The Candy Bar all the success in the future.....!!!

No offence taken on my part, but I thought your original comment sounded a bit harsh, especially for a new member, and I'm sure we want to encourage people, not put them off the forum.

It's worth noting that sometimes what we say in print can sound a lot more direct. Completely different than when we're face-to-face and can hear tone of voice etc..

I have been here 12 years and if I knew any decent suppliers I'd be more that happy to recommend them. Unfortunately my experience of the bar trade is nil, however my partner, TheBloke might, as he was a chef for many years.

One thing I do remember him saying though, is that the 'best' suppliers constantly change. There's a pool of suppliers that everyone uses and when you first go to them they are great, but once you've been with them a while they get a bit complacent with your business, so then you need to swap to a new one. ;)

Correct me if I'm wrong, please someone, as I am not an experienced commenter in the bar trade. :)

For food, I know that there's Arona Food, Iceland, Pete the Meat... Not sure about drinks apart from what someone else suggested, which was Spanish Style. There used to be Cash Diplo in Los Cristianos....