PDA

View Full Version : Airline passengers should pay by their weight

delderek
25-03-2013, 12:06
What's the betting it will happen one day?

A professor has suggested an airline pricing scheme where passengers pay by their weight.

Heavier passengers would pay more for their plane tickets and lighter ones less under plans put forward by Dr Bharat P Bhatta in this month's Journal of Revenue and Pricing Management publication.

The professor from Sognog Fjordane University College in Norway said weight and space should be taken into account when airlines price their tickets, reports Sky News.

Dr Bhatta said: "Charging according to weight and space is a universally accepted principle, not only in transportation, but also in other services."

Journal of Revenue and Pricing Management editor Dr Ian Yeoman said: "For airlines, every extra kilogram means more expensive jet fuel must be burned, which leads to CO2 emissions and financial cost.

"As the airline industry is fraught with financial difficulties, marginally profitable and has seen exponential growth in the last decade, maybe they should be looking to introduce scales at the check-in."

Dr Bhatta says the fare could be generated with a fixed rate for kilograms per passenger so that a person weighing 60kg pays half the airfare of a 120kg person.

Or airlines could have a 'base' fare with an additional charge for heavier passengers to cover the extra costs, as well as a discount for lighter flyers.

A former Qantas group chief economist said in January that people who weigh more should pay more to fly on planes.

Writing for Business Day in Fairfax newspapers, Tony Webber, now managing director of Webber Quantitative Consulting and Associate Professor at the University of Sydney Business School, claims fuel burnt by planes depends on many things "but the most important is the weight of the aircraft. The more a plane weighs, the more fuel it must burn".

Webber said that while a weight surcharge may be a good idea in theory, it would not be easy to implement as passengers would have to be weighed at check-in,

Suej
25-03-2013, 12:12
What's the betting it will happen one day?

A professor has suggested an airline pricing scheme where passengers pay by their weight.

Heavier passengers would pay more for their plane tickets and lighter ones less under plans put forward by Dr Bharat P Bhatta in this month's Journal of Revenue and Pricing Management publication.

The professor from Sognog Fjordane University College in Norway said weight and space should be taken into account when airlines price their tickets, reports Sky News.

Dr Bhatta said: "Charging according to weight and space is a universally accepted principle, not only in transportation, but also in other services."

Journal of Revenue and Pricing Management editor Dr Ian Yeoman said: "For airlines, every extra kilogram means more expensive jet fuel must be burned, which leads to CO2 emissions and financial cost.

"As the airline industry is fraught with financial difficulties, marginally profitable and has seen exponential growth in the last decade, maybe they should be looking to introduce scales at the check-in."

Dr Bhatta says the fare could be generated with a fixed rate for kilograms per passenger so that a person weighing 60kg pays half the airfare of a 120kg person.

Or airlines could have a 'base' fare with an additional charge for heavier passengers to cover the extra costs, as well as a discount for lighter flyers.

A former Qantas group chief economist said in January that people who weigh more should pay more to fly on planes.

Writing for Business Day in Fairfax newspapers, Tony Webber, now managing director of Webber Quantitative Consulting and Associate Professor at the University of Sydney Business School, claims fuel burnt by planes depends on many things "but the most important is the weight of the aircraft. The more a plane weighs, the more fuel it must burn".

Webber said that while a weight surcharge may be a good idea in theory, it would not be easy to implement as passengers would have to be weighed at check-in,

Bring it on! Attacking fat people on planes well it makes a change and gives the smokers a break!:laugh::c2:

Ecky Thump
25-03-2013, 12:16
Bring it on! Attacking fat people on planes well it makes a change and gives the smokers a break!:laugh::c2:

Great idea, fat people pay more and skinny freaks should be made to share their seats!:idea:

Suej
25-03-2013, 12:26
Great idea, fat people pay more and skinny freaks should be made to share their seats!:idea:

Fatter people make good pillows! :zzz:

Ecky Thump
25-03-2013, 12:54

What people don't realise is that being fat is a allergy, because, ......

when I eat food, I break out in fat!!:wink:

junglejim
25-03-2013, 13:09
Itīs not April Foolīs Day till next week!
Skinnies should be 2 to a seat and half portions !

karinagal
25-03-2013, 14:09
Do any of you stop to think how hurtful this can be to people with a weight problem? Are we not dealing with enough without people thinking they can generalise and take a pop at 'fatties'? Are you all so perfect that you feel you have a right to look down from your pedestal and laugh at us lesser beings? :(

marbro8
25-03-2013, 14:13
maybe a good idea and easy to implement if you are morbidly obese, but the problem arises when someone is only half a stone over weight would they have to pay a little more? or the 4ft 6 stone woman that when measured and weighed by a doctor is still by THEIR reckoning over weight for her hight? and does that mean that just because a 7ft 20 stone rugby player that is as fit as a fiddle has to pay more just because he is naturally built like that? no sorry can't see it happening myself:nono:, anyway i think that the way we are all measured and weighed is totaly wrong, according to my doctor i should be 6ft 6" for my weight (i am 5ft 4") so it shows what they know:cheeky::raspberry2:

Suej
25-03-2013, 15:02
Do any of you stop to think how hurtful this can be to people with a weight problem? Are we not dealing with enough without people thinking they can generalise and take a pop at 'fatties'? Are you all so perfect that you feel you have a right to look down from your pedestal and laugh at us lesser beings? :(

Aww! don't be upset Karina! I'm a pathetic, smelly tobacco breathed, disgusting smoker who should be burned in hot oil!:ashamed: We all have our cross to bear!:respect:

Ecky Thump
25-03-2013, 15:22
Whatever next??? "UGLY" people having to sit at the rear of the plane!!!
(I already sit there!!!)

I thought that the brown bag that is supplied and placed in the back of the seat was for us "Ugly People" to put over our heads.:cheeky:

kingbaker
25-03-2013, 15:51

And smokers can only smoke on the roof-rack! :whistle:

PS Suej were you built for speed or comfort?? :whistle:

ckelly10
25-03-2013, 15:53
Even though I see the logic in this I think it is unfair to start to make bigger people pay more. Where would this end? Like andyfm said will we start to make 'ugly' people sit at the back so nobody has to look at them? Its crazy!!!!

karinagal
25-03-2013, 15:57
I thought that the brown bag that is supplied and placed in the back of the seat was for us "Ugly People" to put over our heads.:cheeky:

There's a bag for each of you - you wear yours as a precaution in case their bag bursts - hence the term "double baggers"?

Fivepence
25-03-2013, 15:57
Even though I see the logic in this I think it is unfair to start to make bigger people pay more. Where would this end? Like andyfm said will we start to make 'ugly' people sit at the back so nobody has to look at them? Its crazy!!!!

I think it would be more logical to sit the big people at the back because it would be easier to lift the front of the plane for take-off....................:whistle:

karinagal
25-03-2013, 15:59
Aww! don't be upset Karina! I'm a pathetic, smelly tobacco breathed, disgusting smoker who should be burned in hot oil!:ashamed: We all have our cross to bear!:respect:

I know.... it hit me at a sticking point in my diet - I think I'm suffering from chocolate deprivation causing an episode of 'over-sensitivityitis'! :p

marbro8
25-03-2013, 16:16
I know.... it hit me at a sticking point in my diet - I think I'm suffering from chocolate deprivation causing an episode of 'over-sensitivityitis'! :pthen listen carefully to doctor marbro, sit down take a deep breath and consume a large bar of cadburys fruit&nut with a cup of tea and 3 sugars, now how does that feel:devil::wink:

karinagal
25-03-2013, 16:18
then listen carefully to doctor marbro, sit down take a deep breath and consume a large bar of cadburys fruit&nut with a cup of tea and 3 sugars, now how does that feel:devil::wink:

Thanks but I haven't taken sugar in my tea since god was a boy...! I might settle for a Weight Watchers choccie biccy! :D :p :D

marbro8
25-03-2013, 16:22
Thanks but I haven't taken sugar in my tea since god was a boy...! I might settle for a Weight Watchers choccie biccy! :D :p :Di can feel the will power:tiphat:

primrose
25-03-2013, 16:47
I think it would be more logical to sit the big people at the back because it would be easier to lift the front of the plane for take-off....................:whistle:

What happens if you have a fat Pilot where would they have to sit?

marbro8
25-03-2013, 16:49
What happens if you have a fat Pilot where would they have to sit?at the back, there are no favorites:cheeky::laugh:

Fivepence
25-03-2013, 16:52

Hang him...............he probably smokes as well............:crylaughing:

Suej
25-03-2013, 16:56
at the back, there are no favorites:cheeky::laugh:

Just give him a long piece of string! :sailor2:

melm
25-03-2013, 17:39
Hang him...............he probably smokes as well............:crylaughing:

think we have enough of a nanny state as it is........dont think we need anymore rules for airlines. :whistle:

Fivepence
25-03-2013, 17:53
think we have enough of a nanny state as it is........dont think we need anymore rules for airlines. :whistle:

I don't think my attempt at 9PLUS type humor quite worked........I'll leave it to the master. :laugh:

By the way, I'm one of society's lepers.......I drink, smoke, have a flutter now and then and I sleep with a married woman.............:whistle:

Terrynsue
25-03-2013, 18:11
Ryanair would have a field day, no booking in advance cos you would be wieghed at check in and they can charge what they want and M8 would have to throw his chocs away (an aviation term) !!

Ecky Thump
25-03-2013, 18:45

They only fly "Jumbo Jets".:)

marbro8
25-03-2013, 20:37
Ryanair would have a field day, no booking in advance cos you would be wieghed at check in and they can charge what they want and M8 would have to throw his chocs away (an aviation term) !!i got it:laugh::wink:

warbey
25-03-2013, 20:52
Think laterally.

If using this set of rules, the shortest people would sit at the back with 12 inches between the Seat and the next Row. More rows = more Seats.

The longer Passengers would have Seats further forward to accomodate Their :Legs

I honestly don't know why They don't Tow another behind, as in WW II with the Gliders.
Half as many again then, Maybe.

kingbaker
25-03-2013, 20:54

It was 'BOILED' in hot oil, SUEJ..... try and keep up!!:whistle::D

slodgedad
25-03-2013, 22:04
Seriously though;
How come my daughter was charged 40 quid for 2 kilos extra luggage when her and the luggage combined was stll only 60 kilos?

sundownersvince
25-03-2013, 22:16
What a fine idea. As long as they make the cut off point 96kgs. :whistle:
Mind you sitting next to a lardy is marginally better than sitting next to a screaming child......

Davie Thistle
25-03-2013, 22:23
..ok, wot about us 'big' guy's that don't look like the side of a house,
tho look like a brick ****ehouse!!
but weigh in at 18 stones, of pure muscle?
same weight as a fat bas - person or even heavier!!
wota daft suggestion!!
:whistle:

Fivepence
25-03-2013, 22:28
wota daft suggestion!!

They'd probably want you put in the cargo hold Dave............:)

carpenter
25-03-2013, 22:37
Just an excuse for anorexics to feel more insecure about themselves and punish obese people that do actually have medical conditions.
Someone weighing in whilst holding a Big Mac should have nothing to complain about!
On a lighter note, on Thursday we were at the airport desperately tring to remove 6 KGs from my wife's suitcase as she thought she'd booked 20KGs but had actually only selected 15.
All these slightly over the limit people will be stripping off clothes, running around the airport, skipping, doing press ups trying to shed those extra pounds before boarding.

It will be like Marvin Hagler before he boxed Alan Minter when he had to weigh in naked to make the weight ha ha

sundownersvince
25-03-2013, 22:37
wota daft suggestion!!

Sorry Sir, make it 115kgs then. :)

ciderhunter
26-03-2013, 10:34
For those who feel that they may be disadvantaged by the implementation of such a measure, why not just see it as an incentive to stay out of Macdonalds.
Lots can be achieved by incentives.
You know it makes sense.

delderek
26-03-2013, 20:18
You are being unfair to the nice airlines:

Ryanair have said:

Any adult under 2 stone would get a 95% discount
between 2 and 3 stone a 90% discount
between 3 and 4 stone 80% discount
Over 4 stone a 50% surcharge would apply.

See, not all airlines are crooks

warbey
26-03-2013, 21:31
You are being unfair to the nice airlines:

Ryanair have said:

Any adult under 2 stone would get a 95% discount
between 2 and 3 stone a 90% discount
between 3 and 4 stone 80% discount
Over 4 stone a 50% surcharge would apply.

See, not all airlines are crooks

That would be the Fare BEFORE the Air Conditioning was included, no doubt.? .:devil2:.:D:D

Tickey
26-03-2013, 21:42
This is a joke as men mostly weigh more than women! therefore men will squeel big time :crazy:

golf birdie
02-04-2013, 13:02
The head of Samoa Air has defended the airline's decision to start charging passengers according to their weight.

Chris Langton told Australia's ABC Radio that it was "the fairest way of travelling".

Rather than pay for a seat, passengers pay a fixed price per kilogram, which varies depending on the route length.

Samoa Air flies domestically and to American Samoa. It is thought the move could encourage other airlines to introduce similar policies.

"Airlines don't run on seats, they run on weight, and particularly the smaller the aircraft you are in the less variance you can accept in terms of the difference in weight between passengers," Mr Langton told ABC radio.

Under the new model, Mr Langton described how some families with children were now paying cheaper fares.

"There are no extra fees in terms of excess baggage or anything - it is just a kilo is a kilo is a kilo," he said.

Air Samoa's rates range from $1 (65p) to around $4.16 per kilogram. Passengers pay for the combined weight of themselves and their baggage.

Mr Langton also suggested that the move had helped promote health awareness in Samoa, which has one of the world's highest levels of obesity.

"People generally are becoming much more weight conscious. That's a health issue in some areas," he told ABC Radio.

Mr Langton said he believed that charging by weight was "the concept of the future."

"People generally are bigger, wider and taller than they were 50 years ago," he said. "The industry will start looking at this."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-22001256

rosemary
03-07-2013, 13:58
In Mercadona the other day I spotted an English family of the largest people I have seen yet. Mum Dad two teenage kids, a couple of aunts by the look of it and ALL were grossly, hugely, obese. Only the two kids could walk properly.
And without prejudice, I felt so sorry for the whole family, I could not help thinking ...how on earth can the airlines allow such people to get away without paying for all that extra body weight.

What do others think? Should the airlines now charge to include body weight? Someone said in the US on some airlines they do charge. There must be a limit or some kind of a system surely.

And before anyone suggests I am being prejudiced or denying human rights, I have to say it is normality in body weight which now seems to be being penalised, not obesity. I am only allowed to carry on up to 10 kilos....5 in some cases, in handluggage.

Mods perhaps the title should be changed to Obesity and airlines? And put under Travel?

Tickey
03-07-2013, 14:05
Here we go again :whistle:

TOTO 99
03-07-2013, 14:08
So let's break this down;

In paragraph 2 you aren't being prejudiced and you feel sorry for the whole family.

By paragraph 3 you want them penalised....???

Jumpinjax
03-07-2013, 14:37
How do you know they used an airline ?

bulldog
03-07-2013, 15:15
In Mercadona the other day I spotted an English family of the largest people I have seen yet. Mum Dad two teenage kids, a couple of aunts by the look of it and ALL were grossly, hugely, obese. Only the two kids could walk properly.
And without prejudice, I felt so sorry for the whole family, I could not help thinking ...how on earth can the airlines allow such people to get away without paying for all that extra body weight.

What do others think? Should the airlines now charge to include body weight? Someone said in the US on some airlines they do charge. There must be a limit or some kind of a system surely.

And before anyone suggests I am being prejudiced or denying human rights, I have to say it is normality in body weight which now seems to be being penalised, not obesity. I am only allowed to carry on up to 10 kilos....5 in some cases, in handluggage.

Mods perhaps the title should be changed to Obesity and airlines? And put under Travel?

I think I saw the very same family at the beach yesterday at 5pm.the beach attendant
asked them could they leave as the tide was waiting to come in :laugh:

Angusjim
03-07-2013, 15:22
Thin people should have to sit two to a seat and be charged full fare that will teach them for being thin. I hate skinny people:spin::whistle:

rosemary
03-07-2013, 15:29
So let's break this down;

In paragraph 2 you aren't being prejudiced and you feel sorry for the whole family.

By paragraph 3 you want them penalised....???

I thought I had covered this. I am the one being penalised. I have to weigh my hand baggage and I have a LIMIT of either 5 or 10 kilos to carry on. Isn't this a form of discrimination?

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

How do you know they used an airline ?

I think I guessed......!

I hadn't seen this thread already up. Apologies. Very enlightening.

TOTO 99
03-07-2013, 15:36
I thought I had covered this. I am the one being penalised. I have to weigh my hand baggage and I have a LIMIT of either 5 or 10 kilos to carry on. Isn't this a form of discrimination?

I think I guessed......!

So do they, what's your point?..ah let me guess, you think everyone should weigh exactly the same don't you?

Let's say they charge these people more just to stop you moaning....do you think mr O'leary is gonna knock the difference off your ticket?..really?..........not prejidiced my ars.

Acemike
03-07-2013, 15:51
Not getting this..
1) Everyone has a 5 or 10 kg hand luggage allowance (depending or airline). So how is that discrimination?
2) If the English Rugby team travel (average weight of 18.5+ stone each) they will have to pay more = Discrimination.
3) Group of Jockey's (average weight of 6.5 stone) They pay less = Discrimination.

How is it fair to pay for your ticket according to your weight?

Do I need to LIGHTEN up ;)

Tel54
03-07-2013, 17:21
I find it so amusing how all the fatties are quick to defend themselves, discrimination doesn't come into this argument, it is a fact that weight costs more to carry on an airline, hence excess baggage charges, I fail to understand why fatties don't think they should have to pay for excess fat.

Yes I realise I am being totally politically incorrect, and to be honest I don't care :bootyshake:

Now awaiting the flaming :raspberry2:

Tickey
03-07-2013, 17:28
Clearly you did not read the post above yours :dontknow:

YOUNG GOLFER
03-07-2013, 17:52
So a overweight person should pay for their extra weight........but a very tall man or woman are ok? or as pointed out a rugby player or body builder are ok?
Do short people and little children get a discount.
Just think everyone has the right to fly on a plane and I think people should mind their own business to what others get up to.
I think if airlines do think about bringing extra charges for the bigger person then they can at least make the seats a little bigger more comfy which I have seen another airline do already.

By the way the word fatties to me can be a little rude and might hurt some people feelings......... regardless if you care or not it's just not nice.

TOTO 99
03-07-2013, 18:55
I find it so amusing how all the fatties are quick to defend themselves, discrimination doesn't come into this argument, it is a fact that weight costs more to carry on an airline, hence excess baggage charges, I fail to understand why fatties don't think they should have to pay for excess fat.

Yes I realise I am being totally politically incorrect, and to be honest I don't care :bootyshake:

Now awaiting the flaming :raspberry2:

You type this and then go on to accuse anyone who responds as "flaming"...seriously, any forum would be better off without posts like yours....

macdonald5
03-07-2013, 19:13
maybe a good idea and easy to implement if you are morbidly obese, but the problem arises when someone is only half a stone over weight would they have to pay a little more? or the 4ft 6 stone woman that when measured and weighed by a doctor is still by THEIR reckoning over weight for her hight? and does that mean that just because a 7ft 20 stone rugby player that is as fit as a fiddle has to pay more just because he is naturally built like that? no sorry can't see it happening myself:nono:, anyway i think that the way we are all measured and weighed is totaly wrong, according to my doctor i should be 6ft 6" for my weight (i am 5ft 4") so it shows what they know:cheeky::raspberry2:

So you're NOT overweight you're UNDESiZED !!.?? xx

TOTO 99
03-07-2013, 19:34
So you're NOT overweight you're UNDESiZED !!.?? xx

They don't call him "Chunky" for nothing do they mate marbro8..:laugh:
Malteser Monkey told me he does have some big parts....:censored:

Tshirt
03-07-2013, 19:46
I'm 6' 4" tall, and 16 stone but I don't consider myself fat. I already pay extra for an extra leg room seat. If I was only 10 stone I'd still be 6' 4"" and would still need to pay extra. I consider myself 'normal', people less than 6 foot are short @rses. :whistle:

TOTO 99
03-07-2013, 19:54
I'm 6' 4" tall, and 16 stone but I don't consider myself fat. I already pay extra for an extra leg room seat. If I was only 10 stone I'd still be 6' 4"" and would still need to pay extra. I consider myself 'normal', people less than 6 foot are short @rses. :whistle:

I'm 6'4 and 36" inside leg..I too always pay for extra legroom but I swear those seats are getting narrower. When I came back a couple of weeks ago I thought I'd have to take the seat home with me..:laugh:

JaBBa
03-07-2013, 19:57
I'm 6' 4" tall, and 16 stone but I don't consider myself fat.

Same height 17 1/2st 36'' waist,still dont consider myself fat,i too pay extra for my leg room,my knees still up by my ears:wink2:

Tel54
03-07-2013, 20:21
5 foot tall and 16 stone is fat, conversely 6ft 6inch tall and 16 stone is not fat, perhaps the way forward would be to charge by BMI.

I do agree though that if fatties are charged more they should have wider seats that they can fit into, maybe two across rather than the present three.

I used to pay for extra leg room but stopped doing so as there was usually so little difference between an extra leg room seat and a standard seat (depending on the aircraft) and now just wedge myself in instead.

marbro8
03-07-2013, 20:58
I'm 6'4 and 36" inside leg..I too always pay for extra legroom but I swear those seats are getting narrower. When I came back a couple of weeks ago I thought I'd have to take the seat home with me..:laugh:i don't understand what this extra leg room thing is:confused::D

JaBBa
03-07-2013, 21:01
i don't understand what this extra leg room thing is:confused::D

Hope the trolley dolly aint gone over it :whistle:

Tickey
03-07-2013, 21:03
i don't understand what this extra leg room thing is:confused::D

It means room for your extra leg :crylaughing:

marbro8
03-07-2013, 21:46
It means room for your extra leg :crylaughing:my grandad used to put his in the hold:laugh:

slodgedad
04-07-2013, 01:04

my grandad used to put his in the hold:laugh:
His extra leg?

Taylor
04-07-2013, 05:41
God The Hague will be busy if that stupid idea comes into force......the court of human rights would have a 20 year backlog Airlines would be increasing fares due to all the money payed out in settlements.....Armageddon is upon us! eeek!

tonythorne
04-07-2013, 08:04
I'm curious to know how they'd operate it. You'd have to declare your weight in advance, when you pay for the ticket, and then have it checked before departure. The Arguments Queue would surely delay every flight...!

TOTO 99
04-07-2013, 08:24
I'm curious to know how they'd operate it. You'd have to declare your weight in advance, when you pay for the ticket, and then have it checked before departure. The Arguments Queue would surely delay every flight...!

I agree. I've got flights booked right up to next April. How can anyone be sure they'll weigh the same in a years time?

No Christmas pudding this year then...:laugh:

As I've said previously, who would gain by implementing this? The only people campaigning for this are the smaller people but why? They wouldn't gain anything themselves so I guess it's just them begrudging others.

Not a particularly nice trait in anybody.

Malteser Monkey
04-07-2013, 09:00
They don't call him "Chunky" for nothing do they mate marbro8..:laugh:
Malteser Monkey told me he does have some big parts....:censored:

No I said a big HEART !

Your hearing's getting worse:D

marbro8

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

marbro8
04-07-2013, 12:26
His extra leg?yes it was just a joke mate;)

rosemary
04-07-2013, 18:30
It's not about seats folks...airlines don't run on seats, they run on weight -as post 41 quote says from Head of Samoan Airways. And it's not about fat people or ugly people or anorexic people or short people or tall people...it's about WEIGHT.

Did you hear that there are plans ahead for the UK Border Immigration to restrict entry for people under a certain height....that way there will be shorter queues for taller people...makes good sense to me :whistle:

Toto I'm fine...sweet PM. Folks are funny!

Tickey
04-07-2013, 20:03
I think you are just s**t stirrer Rosemary! The reason you started your original thread was because you saw "fat people" at Mercadona like you don't think perhaps tall people, rugby players and the like may weigh more than the average person?? You also have no idea whether the said family you saw in Mercadona were resident and perhaps traveled over by another mode of transport.

Have you thought how your suggestion of some paying more would be implemented as per the above posts? perhaps the cost of it will be more than the fuel saved??

What are you meaning by UK Border Immigration restricting entry under a certain height? I think you are just having a laugh and trying to wind people up! :whistle:

golf birdie
04-07-2013, 20:16
as one who has the displeasure to be squeezed in my seat by an over flowing woman I think they should have seats at the check in. If you can't sit in the seat without over flowing into the other persons space you should be refused boarding.

rosemary
04-07-2013, 22:25
I think you are just s**t stirrer Rosemary! The reason you started your original thread was because you saw "fat people" at Mercadona like you don't think perhaps tall people, rugby players and the like may weigh more than the average person?? You also have no idea whether the said family you saw in Mercadona were resident and perhaps traveled over by another mode of transport.
Tickey it was obvious they were not residents, they had never been to Mercadona before judging by their conversation. This made them tourists by any reckoning. And so I, and I would guess most people on this thread, would logically assume therefore that they didn't arrive in Tenerife by boat or 'any other mode of transport' (???!!!??). So don't be silly. Of course if I had seen a family of grossly overweight rugby players over 7ft tall I would have thought exactly the same. But I didn't see them.....

Have you thought how your suggestion of some paying more would be implemented as per the above posts? perhaps the cost of it will be more than the fuel saved??
See post 41 quote for figures from Samoan airways.

What are you meaning by UK Border Immigration restricting entry under a certain height? I think you are just having a laugh and trying to wind people up! :whistle:
Tickey this is what's known as a satirical joke. Yes I confess...I was aiming for a smile or two....

Sorry but I don't know how to change the type in my inserted replies in the above post quote from Tickey. I am a useless teccie person.:dontknow:

Bazz
04-07-2013, 23:18
Tickey this is what's known as a satirical joke. Yes I confess...I was aiming for a smile or two....

Sorry but I don't know how to change the type in my inserted replies in the above post quote from Tickey. I am a useless teccie person.:dontknow:

Maybe your time would be better used setting up an Oscar Pistorious fan club! rolleyes2:

Sundowner
05-07-2013, 09:57
Maybe the answer would be to have a section where they have extra large seats with also more leg room.....so that people who are 6ft 6in and weigh 20 stone could sit.
I have always thought the one size fits all attitude of most airlines is wrong! We are all different sizes!!

So come on airlines.........provide options for your paying customers!!

Tshirt
02-10-2013, 13:46
http://www.ilyke.net/uploads/2013/08/28/sub/35389-ilyke.net-large-35389-JujrI9o11-580x812.jpg

:D

Angusjim
02-10-2013, 14:00
http://www.ilyke.net/uploads/2013/08/28/sub/35389-ilyke.net-large-35389-JujrI9o11-580x812.jpg

:D

I hope Marbro gave permission for this photo to go the forum:laugh::laugh:

aquamantra
03-10-2013, 12:30
really and i take youd send them to the gas chamber as well !