PDA

View Full Version : Property Having electricity supply upgraded

gsc
26-03-2013, 17:29
Can anyone help me with the correct terminology here.

We had the electrical supply upgraded when we re-wired. I was told that the cost would decrease but it has noticeably gone up.

When we took in the Boletin they arranged a date to come and switch it over - we weren't here at the time but the box is on the outside of the house.

I want to check that it's been done so a friend is going to ring them for me.

If I have understood correctly it should have gone from 'phase' something or other to phase whatever?

9PLUS
26-03-2013, 19:34
They will not install the meter if there if they have no access to the house consumer unit.

You'll have to start procedures again.

gsc
27-03-2013, 12:25
They will not install the meter if there if they have no access to the house consumer unit.

That's on the outside of the house. So they should have had access without anyone present.

Can you tell me what the 'old' phase is and what the new one is?

Angusjim
27-03-2013, 12:47
Can anyone help me with the correct terminology here.

We had the electrical supply upgraded when we re-wired. I was told that the cost would decrease but it has noticeably gone up.

When we took in the Boletin they arranged a date to come and switch it over - we weren't here at the time but the box is on the outside of the house.

I want to check that it's been done so a friend is going to ring them for me.

If I have understood correctly it should have gone from 'phase' something or other to phase whatever?

If I have understood correctly it should have gone from 'phase' something or other to phase whatever?[/QUOTE]

I hate people who use these technical terms in posts :laugh:

gsc
27-03-2013, 13:04
lol - unfortunately if you want to talk to the 'powers that be' about it, you have to use the right words - damned if I can remember what the electrician said.

9PLUS
27-03-2013, 13:08
That's on the outside of the house. So they should have had access without anyone present.

Can you tell me what the 'old' phase is and what the new one is?

The consumer unit (mains board) is on the outside on the house?

gsc
27-03-2013, 13:10
Oh I see what you mean - not the box on the outside with the glass front?

9PLUS
27-03-2013, 13:13
I'm glad we are finally on the same page, they have to

1, test that the dwelling has electricity and
2, the ICP is that what corresponds to the contract with them.

Before they leave the premisses

No Access = No Meter

They should have contacted the number on the contract.

Angusjim
27-03-2013, 13:14
Mark I think he has got his whatever crossed with his something could be tricky & expensive to sort out:wink:

gsc
27-03-2013, 13:18
It's 'she' and I have my doodahs and what-nots perfectly straight thank you very much!

You wouldn't believe I was an electricians daughter would you. :ashamed:

Seriously there are 2 'phases' for electricity aren't there? Or have I got the wrong word?

It's supposed to be cheaper when you upgrade.

junglejim
27-03-2013, 13:32
It's 'she' and I have my doodahs and what-nots perfectly straight thank you very much!

You wouldn't believe I was an electricians daughter would you. :ashamed:

Seriously there are 2 'phases' for electricity aren't there? Or have I got the wrong word?

It's supposed to be cheaper when you upgrade.

Google is your friend - Unelco is not!
Fill yer boots!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three-phase_electric_power

gsc
27-03-2013, 13:45
Well that is way more than I need to know but still doesn't tell me the answer. Is the supply in Tenerife upgrading to 3 Phase? If so what had it used to be?

9PLUS
27-03-2013, 13:55
We dont know anymore than you do if you're being upgraded to 40Amps single phase, 50Amps S/P, 15Amps Three Phase, 40amps T/P etc etc

We just don't know what has gone on in your house.

Do you have a Certificado de Instalación or any paperwork from Endesa?

junglejim
27-03-2013, 14:00
I´m sure the professionals such as 9+ could answer you easily but they just like to play around !

gsc
27-03-2013, 14:17
Ok - here is what I think it is.

We were on 3.3 kw and it needs to be 5.5 kw.

Does that make sense?

Suej
27-03-2013, 14:23
I thought 3 phase was for mostly industrial use????

Angusjim
27-03-2013, 15:15
Well that is way more than I need to know but still doesn't tell me the answer. Is the supply in Tenerife upgrading to 3 Phase? If so what had it used to be?

I cannot speak for Tenerife but in UK it is usually only VERY large houses that needs three phase most house have only a single phase supply

junglejim
27-03-2013, 15:31
I think the OP may be getting confused with the tariffs for daily consumption as there are different rates for consumption levels -

http://www.endesaonline.com/ES/Hogares/teofrece/luz/index.asp

don´t think there is a price benefit from 3.3Kw to 5.5Kw though .

9PLUS
27-03-2013, 15:46
Ok - here is what I think it is.

We were on 3.3 kw and it needs to be 5.5 kw.

Does that make sense?

In other words you live in a house that is over 9 years old, 3.3 & 5.5KW are old values, your installation would have been prepared for the new 25A value of 5.75Kw so that'll be single phase.

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

I cannot speak for Tenerife but in UK it is usually only VERY large houses that needs three phase most house have only a single phase supply

It's a bit different here mate because the maximum contract for a single phase installation is 15Kw 63Amp (more than 50A S/P Endesa in most cases want the installation to be 3 Phase)

Which can be an absolute disaster as you'll know as the equivalent for direct metering is 15A per phase.

There's no 150A Single phase available here.

Tickey
27-03-2013, 18:23
Just had my water bill of £175 drop on my mat. That's a lot. Oxfam can supply a whole African village for just £2 a month: time to change supplier I think...

9PLUS
27-03-2013, 18:46
hahahahhaaaaaaa