PDA

View Full Version : Other Does anyone have information about the Carnival Show at Cine Victor in Santa Cruz?

Saltnpepper
26-03-2013, 17:33
Does anyone know if the Tenerife Carnival Show takes place on a regular basis now at the Cine Victor in Santa Cruz or was it a one-off last September? It's supposed to be a 90 minute multi-lingual show showcasing carnival in Tenerife ...

Skeggy
26-03-2013, 17:58
Does anyone know if the Tenerife Carnival Show takes place on a regular basis now at the Cine Victor in Santa Cruz or was it a one-off last September? It's supposed to be a 90 minute multi-lingual show showcasing carnival in Tenerife ...

We went to a carnival show at the Cine Victor in November, it was the presentation evening of Las Cariocas a barrio group, it was a very entertaining evening and we were made very welcome, but the place was a riot with the audience walking up and down, taking photos and generally causing havoc, certainly not like any theatre visit I have previously experienced. When I bought the tickets the guy sold me one in one row and one in another for my wife. They did sort it out after some hilarious antics. The show featured some guest artists who we later saw on Local Santa Cruz television. It was entirely in Spanish and was a thoroughly entertaining evening. We will go again if they put on a show when we are there in April/May. I understand that it was the Las Cariocas representative in the Carnival Queen contest that was so tragically burnt.