PDA

View Full Version : Other Where can I go cycling on Tenerife where it's flat and near the sea?

RN13
29-03-2013, 12:27
Is it possible to cycle on the flat near the sea anywhere on Tenerife?
What about the other Canary islands?
I have in mind gentile cycling not mountain biking! Thanks

KirstyJay
30-03-2013, 12:54
Is it possible to cycle on the flat near the sea anywhere on Tenerife?
I have in mind gentile cycling not mountain biking! Thanks

There's a walkway basically from Los Cristianos right along the south coast which you can cycle along. :) it's visible on google maps, so you can have a look how far you can go.

Muppet
30-03-2013, 13:14
Other than that, try Holland instead ??!!

ribuck
30-03-2013, 14:08
There's a walkway basically from Los Cristianos right along the south coast which you can cycle along.
That route goes from Los Cristianos past Playa del Duque and almost to La Caleta, with just a hundred metres on the road to bypass some steps at Puerto Colon. It's quite busy, so it's for "gentle cycling" as you said you wanted.

At Santa Cruz there's a coastal cycleway from the Palmetum (south of the Auditorio) to Barrio de la Alegrķa, but cyclists often go on the pavement from there to continue on to Playa de las Teresitas.

If you don't mind cycling on roads, the TF-42 is flat from Buenavista del Norte to Los Silos. It's moderately busy though.

The flattest of the Canary Islands are Fuertoventura and Lanzarote. All of the others have very little flat land.

kingbaker
30-03-2013, 14:58
You could also do it on a motor bike and take out half of the PRs on

Puerto Colon beach. Then I'd pay a big bonus.:p:rofl::rofl::D

RN13
30-03-2013, 17:51
That route goes from Los Cristianos past Playa del Duque and almost to La Caleta, with just a hundred metres on the road to bypass some steps at Puerto Colon. It's quite busy, so it's for "gentle cycling" as you said you wanted.

At Santa Cruz there's a coastal cycleway from the Palmetum (south of the Auditorio) to Barrio de la Alegrķa, but cyclists often go on the pavement from there to continue on to Playa de las Teresitas.

If you don't mind cycling on roads, the TF-42 is flat from Buenavista del Norte to Los Silos. It's moderately busy though.

The flattest of the Canary Islands are Fuertoventura and Lanzarote. All of the others have very little flat land.

Thank you VERY much indeed. Most helpful.

sundownersvince
30-03-2013, 18:53
Put bike on bus to top of mountain, bike back down. Easy ride. Check brakes first!

KirstyJay
31-03-2013, 00:59
Put bike on bus to top of mountain, bike back down. Easy ride. Check brakes first!Good idea, but I don't think bikes are allowed on the buses. You may be able to stick it under instead...

sundownersvince
31-03-2013, 19:10
The buses have luggage lockers on the sides, easy get a bike laid down in there.

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

The buses have luggage lockers on the sides, easy get a bike laid down in there.