PDA

View Full Version : Property Where can I look for a property with farmland and apartments close by?

jago26
30-03-2013, 14:17
Hello all!
I have passed the jigsaw test and so I now look for your acceptance into this elite community! :pray:

Where shall I look for:
- productive land; fertility less important but need water
- quiet but drive 5-10mins to somewhere with amenities and apartments
- surf nearby
- I prefer the North; don't like the south, too hot for me.

I think Tenerife is best - I need the flight connectivity for work and Gran Canaria seems a bit overpriced, especially if Europe/Germany etc melts down so the tourist trade really dries up. I drew a line through Lanzarote and Fuertavantura due to the lack of water. La Palma is nice but I think the fertility of the land prices it out of my range (which is dirt cheap because I don't want a mortgage).

I see lots of abandoned buildings but not so many with for sale signs. I'm not finding many places online - many tourist development repossessions but that's not what I'm interested in unless I can grow things nearby.

What are the overhead costs for properties here? Getting residency here I don't think would make sense because I need to maintain residency in the UK for tax purposes if possible.

Other than "ask the locals" Any tips?

kingbaker
30-03-2013, 15:42
I think that you need the same as me.....an oul' burd, with two successful
bars, and no baggage.
Oh yeah!!! and must be able to service an OUTBOARD MOTOR.:p:c2::p

OH yeah!! and welcome to the Forum btw.:rofl::rofl:

KirstyJay
30-03-2013, 20:48
A lot of the disused farm buildings you see often have untraceable owners and that can cause problems if you want to buy them. They may live in South America, or just not have traceable owners, and without this they can't do anything. There are many of these properties. It's a pity really.

The best way to find a property like this though, is to drive around all the back roads and look for 'se vende' signs. Write the numbers down and call for info. :)

jago26
08-04-2013, 23:27
I sent a load of SMS messages to every Se Vende sign I could find but I think they might be landlines because I've had no answer yet. I also think some might be estate agents. My Spanish is good enough to survive but I often have trouble with details which I would expect on the phone.
Just some Suelo no urbanizable o rústico would be an option too. I would consider buying land only and then look to rent somewhere as close as possible nearby.

I think farmers are very cautious and protective though which is hard to get by. They don't want me building a block of flats on their land. My Spanish isn't good enough to empress that I just want some space for my projects.

edit: Is there a newspaper with adverts? Is there a forum or newspaper for farmers? Where do we meet to discuss water rights?

bonitatime
09-04-2013, 08:36
Any number beginning in 922 is a land line
Try the el baúl newspaper they have land sometimes