PDA

View Full Version : Energy certificates needed from 1st June 2013 on all properties for sale or rent

tfs1
30-03-2013, 12:21
something else to think about !!!

http://www.homecomforts.es/ENERGY_CERTIFICATES.php

I did check and its from 1 June and not 1 April.

Foz
30-03-2013, 15:27
something else to think about !!!

http://www.homecomforts.es/ENERGY_CERTIFICATES.php

I did check and its from 1 June and not 1 April.

Who is advertising the fact that these certificates are necessary ... I have places rented out through agents and a place up for sale via an agent and this is the first I've heard of it! Are agents being informed do you know?

Altamira
30-03-2013, 15:47
Who is advertising the fact that these certificates are necessary ... I have places rented out through agents and a place up for sale via an agent and this is the first I've heard of it! Are agents being informed do you know?
Ultra Peripheral Status Perhaps the need for such a certificate is not required in the Canaries because of its Ultra Peripheral Status!!!!!

tfs1
30-03-2013, 16:54

I get the 'Eye on Spain' newsletter (email) every week and this features in this weeks publication, I know no more ! but thought it worthy of placing it here as it may generate some interest and possibly someone who knows about it and if it will affect us here in the Canary Islands.

http://www.eyeonspain.com/forums/postslong.aspx?thread=17724&page=0

When I first saw it I though it was related to April fools day but maybe not.

9PLUS
30-03-2013, 17:53
Seems a great idea in colder regions where you'd find insulation and central heating, here in the south especially seems a little silly.

I to have heard nothing about it and I'm a member of a couple of Spanish techniqual assosications.

doreen
30-03-2013, 18:05
Seems a great idea in colder regions where you'd find insulation and central heating, here in the south especially seems a little silly.

I to have heard nothing about it and I'm a member of a couple of Spanish techniqual assosications.

I think we need a new thread on this ... seems a very new regulation in Spain

http://www.idealista.com/news/archivo/2012/02/10/0398057-como-obtener-el-futuro-certificado-energetico-obligatorio-para-poder-vender-o-alquilar-mi-viviend

junglejim
30-03-2013, 18:15

From what I´ve read the certificate seems only to be informative , there is no compulsion to make any improvements ? Just an exercise in extracting more money ?

KirstyJay
30-03-2013, 20:38

http://www.idealista.com/news/archivo/2012/02/10/0398057-como-obtener-el-futuro-certificado-energetico-obligatorio-para-poder-vender-o-alquilar-mi-viviend

Done. Nice to see you back, Doreen :)

From what I´ve read the certificate seems only to be informative , there is no compulsion to make any improvements ? Just an exercise in extracting more money ?Surely not... I mean, it's not like they need it... ;) :rolleyes:

Who can issue the Energy certificate in Spain?

Only certified and registered assessors are able to issue the certificate.

Who has to pay for the energy certificate?

Ultimately the owner of the property will have to pay for the certificate

Well, no surprises there then! :mad:

warbey
30-03-2013, 21:30
There seems to be a rolling Program in Wales at least, connected with Energy saving I hear.

Insulation should keep a House cool in Summer as well as warm in winter.....Doesn't matter where You live..

casabonny
30-03-2013, 21:44

Welcome back from me too, I had been wondering why you hadn't been posting.

9PLUS
30-03-2013, 22:10
There seems to be a rolling Program in Wales at least, connected with Energy saving I hear.

Insulation should keep a House cool in Summer as well as warm in winter.....Doesn't matter where You live..

I concur, no insulation is found in the majority of dwellings around the islands prior to 2010.

delderek
30-03-2013, 22:32
The "HIP" thing lasted about a year in the UK, and was then dropped. But not so sure it wont last in Spain,,,more jobs, extra revenue, completely pointless in the South of Tenerife, but another couple of hundred euros going into the coffers.

julia44
04-05-2013, 09:40
There was an article in the Tenerife Weekly last week about these certificates saying it comes into force from the 1st of June in mainland Spain but no mention of the Canaries, I just wondered if anyone knew the situation here. I gave the article to my electrician but he has not been able to find out anything so far.

Muppet
04-05-2013, 11:10
The "HIP" thing lasted about a year in the UK, and was then dropped. But not so sure it wont last in Spain,,,more jobs, extra revenue, completely pointless in the South of Tenerife, but another couple of hundred euros going into the coffers.

Not sure it is pointless here in the South though. What I find very strange here is that there very little use of solar water heating given it is a huge natural asset.

I believe it is now incorporated into building regs, (9+ will know), but only in very recent years and presume that any energy efficiency grading of a property would take such systems into account - if not, it damned well should!

chocaholic
04-05-2013, 11:26
any updates as to whether you need one to advertise your apartment for sale or only needed at the Notary when you actually sell your apartment, different articles seem to say different things. any real clarification

bonitatime
05-05-2013, 09:13
Rumour had it you need one to long term rent apartments too

Angusjim
05-05-2013, 09:17

Don't know about England but in Scotland all Landlords require to have an EPC (Energy Performance Certificate) for properties they rent out

warbey
05-05-2013, 18:30
Don't know about England but in Scotland all Landlords require to have an EPC (Energy Performance Certificate) for properties they rent out

We were assessed a few months ago.

All He wanted was Size of Home Footprint, No of Rooms, and what windows and walls were made of/contained if anything.

and depth of Roof Insulation.

So, a very General Exam as to current status..

BrianT
15-05-2013, 22:59
Estate agent told us last week that it is a requirement from 1st June, if there is not an energy certificate for any properties they advertise for sale the estate agents can be fined. He didn’t say if the seller would also be fined.

9PLUS
15-05-2013, 23:04
If that were the case BrainT every EA in Spain would have to temporary take every single property off their books.

slodgedad
15-05-2013, 23:07
Not sure it is pointless here in the South though. What I find very strange here is that there very little use of solar water heating given it is a huge natural asset.

I believe it is now incorporated into building regs, (9+ will know), but only in very recent years and presume that any energy efficiency grading of a property would take such systems into account - if not, it damned well should!

I agree. My mate hade one installed on his roof about 5 years ago, and although it cost him nearly 2 grand he reckons it's just about broken even.

Sounds like a good long term investment if it is your own home.

BrianT
15-05-2013, 23:10
I agree, it sounds like an other illegal letting fiasco in the making.

9PLUS
15-05-2013, 23:25
More than likely to be introduced like this,

No house can be sold without one,

Silly to do this cert in the Canaries

CIM
16-05-2013, 00:08
I have already told a lot of my vendors and made arrangements for the inspections.

Really dont want a visit from some jobsworth in a couple of weeks looking for easy pickings and handing out fines for advertising properties that dont have them.

Spoke to a notary earlier this evening who said they hadn't been sent the full details on how all this will work and until they have them its very difficult to expect the notaries to stop signing sales off. He´s going to keep me updated as to how this pans out in reality.

Its a national thing by Royal decree - yadda yadda so it look like its here to stay. As such I´ve got everything in place to have these certificates inside 24 hours for vendors.
I cant see many landlords bothering though as they arent signing anything at notary for long lets so arent really being compelled to get one.

timmylish
16-05-2013, 00:24
But the real point of issue will be the length of validity of the Cert., and if it is "permanente" should that be renewed every 5 years?

CIM
16-05-2013, 01:07
Its valid for 10 years

julia44
16-05-2013, 06:45
[QUOTE=CIM;287706]

. As such I´ve got everything in place to have these certificates inside 24 hours for vendors.

How much are the certificates?

CIM
16-05-2013, 10:02
Prices in mainland Spain seem to be from about 200€ upwards.
But I can get them a bit cheaper than that although it depends on the size of the property.
The smallest properties are from around 125€, that included the inspection, certificate and certificate registration.

Cruise
16-05-2013, 14:21
Will this be for apartments or also for business properties? Do all businesses have to get one? Any one knows.

CIM
16-05-2013, 15:13
Will this be for apartments or also for business properties? Do all businesses have to get one? Any one knows.

It is for all properties. Business dont need a certificate, it is the property that needs it.
You will need to pay for a certificate whenever you want to advertise your property for sale or for rent. Agents need to have a certificate for all of the properties they are advertising.

universal
16-05-2013, 16:08
Translation of an extract issued the Secretary of State for Energy:

Energy Efficiency
Certification of building energy efficiency

The requirements for energy certification of buildings set out in Directive 2002/91/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of December 16, 2002, were transposed by Royal Decree 47/2007, of January 19, by which approved a basic procedure for certification of energy efficiency of new buildings.
Subsequently, Directive 2002/91/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of December 16, 2002, has been amended by Directive 2010/31/EU of the European Parliament and of the Council of 19 May 2010 on energy efficiency of buildings, and this has forced transpose back to the Spanish legal system the changes made with respect to the amended Directive.
Although this transposition could be done through a new provision to amend the Royal Decree 47/2007, of January 19, and while contemplating complete transposition existing buildings, it seems appropriate to be performed by a single provision that merging the valid of the standard 2007, the repeal and complete, incorporating the innovations of the new policy and expand its scope to all buildings, including existing ones.
Accordingly, by this Royal Decree partially transposes Directive 2010/31/EU of the European Parliament and of the Council of May 19, 2010, with respect to the certification of energy efficiency of buildings, merging the Royal Decree 47/2007 , on January 19, with the addition of basic procedure for certification of existing buildings energy efficiency.
This Royal Decree 235/2013 , of 5 April, approving the basic procedure for certification of energy efficiency of buildings, came into force on the day following its publication in the Official Gazette No 89 (13 / 04/2013), its application is voluntary until June 1, 2013. From that moment, the submission or provision of buyers or tenants of energy performance certificate for all or part of a building, as applicable, shall be payable for contracts of sale or Arrendamento concluded after that date.
General register of documents recognized for energy efficiency certification.

According to Article 3 of the Royal Decree, the Register is created in order to facilitate compliance with this basic procedure. It is attached to the Ministry of Energy, Ministry of Industry, Energy and Tourism, taking public and informative.
In the said Register contains all documents that have been recognized by all the Ministries of Industry, Energy and Tourism and Development, and has been structured according to the application that corresponds to each document recognized.
Rating the energy efficiency of a building.

The procedures for the energy efficiency rating of a building must be recognized documents and be registered in the General Registry.
When using components, strategies, equipment and / or systems that are not included in the programs available, for consideration in the energy rating will make use of the procedure laid down in the information document "Acceptance of unique solutions and additional capabilities to programs reference and alternative energy efficiency rating of buildings ", available on the General Register.
Energy label.

Becoming certified energy efficiency grant the right to use, during the period of validity, the energy efficiency label, the contents are collected the recognized document corresponding to the energy efficiency label, available on the General Register.
The label will be included in any offer, promotion and advertising to the sale or lease of the building or building unit. Should always appear on the label, clearly and unequivocally, whether it refers to energy performance certificate or building project finished.

Advisory Commission for the certification of energy efficiency of buildings.

Article 15 thereof, provides for the permanence of the Advisory Commission for the certification of energy efficiency as a body edficios permanent depending organically from the Ministry of Energy, Ministry of Industry, Energy and Tourism. Its mission is to advise the competent ministries in matters related to energy certification.

Cruise
16-05-2013, 20:00
[QUOTE=CIM;287821]It is for all properties. Business dont need a certificate, it is the property that needs it.
You will need to pay for a certificate whenever you want to advertise your property for sale or for rent. Agents need to have a certificate for all of the properties they are advertising.[/QUOTE

So if the property is already rented, there is no need to do this certificate ? Only if the renter leaves and one is looking for a new renter, that is when it needs to be done? And if the property is for sale and rented, then I assume the certificate will need to be done?

CIM
16-05-2013, 20:08
If its already rented then no certificate is required.
If the tenant leaves and the owner wants to look for a new tenant then they need a certificate. If a prospective tenant asks for the certificate and the owner hasnt got one, then they can make a denuncia. Same if the property is for sale.

chocaholic
16-05-2013, 20:11
Cim can you please explain your last post "same as for sale"

CIM
16-05-2013, 20:16
If an owner wants to list their property for sale they need a certificate. If someone comes and views and asks to see the certificate and there isnt one then they can make a denuncia.
Furthermore, the rules stipulate that you will njot be able to go and sign at notary as the seller if you cannot present the certificate.

I think given that you need the certificate for notary in the event of a sale, this is going to be more important to sellers. Landlords renting will never really be compelled to go and get a certificate so long as no potential tenant asks for one and so long as they do not wish to sign the rental contract before a notary. Most landlords renting out are probably going to ignore this. Although if the "inspectors" decide to turn their attentions to compliance with this law then the easiest way to catch people will be to walk into a rental agency and ask to see the certificate for all properties advertised for long term let.

essexeddie
16-05-2013, 20:28
Seems a lot of 'to do' about nothing, might just as well get it done. Thats if you let of course.
Its anther EU directive, same as in the UK. The HIPs were abolished by the present UK government.

And if more people voted UKIP at home we will get rid of all EU directives.
But thats another story.

junglejim
16-05-2013, 21:35
This certificate is another load of EU bureaucratic garbage , especially on these Islands- it doesn´t make you do anything ! It ranks alongside straight bananas and perfectly round tomatoes legislation - as useful as a chocolate fire-guard, another hoop to jump through, another level of functionarieswith staplers and an official stamp , another indirect tax - no wonder Europe is sliding towards the Abyss !

essexeddie
16-05-2013, 21:49
This certificate is another load of EU bureaucratic garbage , especially on these Islands- it doesn´t make you do anything ! It ranks alongside straight bananas and perfectly round tomatoes legislation - as useful as a chocolate fire-guard, another hoop to jump through, another level of functionarieswith staplers and an official stamp , another indirect tax - no wonder Europe is sliding towards the Abyss !

I totally agree!

slodgedad
16-05-2013, 22:01
How the past 3 posts think that UKIP can change anything I don't know.

For all ex pats living in the Canaries you need to avoid them as you would Hitler.

chocaholic
17-05-2013, 10:18
CIM Will you be displaying the certificate or energy rating on your website, is this the law?

golf birdie
17-05-2013, 10:22

For all ex pats living in the Canaries you need to avoid them as you would Hitler.

correct, pulling out of the EU would be a nightmare for people who own property and businesses here.

CIM
17-05-2013, 11:26
Yes, they need to be displayed on the website along with the property details so I will be adding the energy efficiency ratings as and when the surveys are done. I have around 30 to arrange at the moment and I´m sure there´ll be many more!

universal
17-05-2013, 13:21
http://www.sicilyservicios.es/s/cc_images/cache_2873386.jpg?t=1367433454
Just for an idea of prices this site is advertising certificates for - apartment up to 150 m2 - €155
- house over 300 m2 - €370
This is a mainland based company so prices here may vary.

CIM
17-05-2013, 13:27
http://www.sicilyservicios.es/s/cc_images/cache_2873386.jpg?t=1367433454
Just for an idea of prices this site is advertising certificates for - apartment up to 150 m2 - €155
- house over 300 m2 - €370
This is a mainland based company so prices here may vary.

I have similar prices although it depends on how much work needs done - if the client can provide their escritura and floor plans then its a lot easier. If not, then the property needs to be mapped out and floor plans produced - more time, higher cost.

essexeddie
17-05-2013, 19:57

Why is that?

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

correct, pulling out of the EU would be a nightmare for people who own property and businesses here.

What on earth has that got to do with it??
Apart from the EU will have £13 Billion less of our money to sqander.

essexeddie
18-05-2013, 16:28

Thats a rather spurious remark. I'm sure your aware who Hitler was and what country he was leading and what country is running the EU now. Ask the Greeks what they think about the EU. I think you are wearing your shoes on the wrong feet.

If you care to read this, let me know how it affects people in Tenerife?

http://www.ukipworcestershire.org.uk/documents/UKIPLocalManifesto2012.pdfhttp://www.ukipworcestershire.org.uk/documents/UKIPLocalManifesto2012.pdf

Foz
22-05-2013, 14:55
Can anyone tell me the official name of this certificate (in Spanish)? Also .... do we know if the notaries are insisting on seeing certificates (from 1st June) before signing off on a sale?

universal
22-05-2013, 15:22
certificado de eficiencia energética - Not sure about the notaries but would think not.

Foz
22-05-2013, 15:35
I've just phoned a notary office in Los Cristianos (Nicolas Castilla Garcia) and they said that they had as yet received any notification as to when they need to insist on these certificates .... but they know the law is supposed to be in place from June 1st! He advised me to phone back on the 1st to get the answer!

YOUNG GOLFER
22-05-2013, 16:22
Yes the same guy we spoke to last week at the tennis club about this............ think CIM posted about this last week.

We are talking to many sources here on the island to find the best price for this certificate.................. we are dealing with a few different architects next week to see who can do the job not only at a good price but to be able to provide a good fast efficient service (which can be a lot to ask for here at times:wink:).
We are also looking at offering Tenerife Forum members a discount on this certificate due the amount of business we can pass on to architects.
As soon as we have more information on this matter we will post here.

chocaholic
23-05-2013, 09:48
Young golfer will every property on your website have to have a rating? will you be advertising the rating? have you notified all your clients yet that they need this certificate?

chocaholic
25-05-2013, 09:07
Yes the same guy we spoke to last week at the tennis club about this............ think CIM posted about this last week.

We are talking to many sources here on the island to find the best price for this certificate.................. we are dealing with a few different architects next week to see who can do the job not only at a good price but to be able to provide a good fast efficient service (which can be a lot to ask for here at times:wink:).
We are also looking at offering Tenerife Forum members a discount on this certificate due the amount of business we can pass on to architects.
As soon as we have more information on this matter we will post here.

Young golfer Any more info?? will every property on your website have to have a rating? will you be advertising the rating? have you notified all your clients yet that they need this certificate?

doreen
25-05-2013, 09:25
Young golfer Any more info?? will every property on your website have to have a rating? will you be advertising the rating? have you notified all your clients yet that they need this certificate?

Are you asking the same questions of other estate agents you know of? Most recent I heard was it would now start on 1st July and that there is only a limited number of people in Tenerife who will be allowed issue the certificates which will certainly lead to chaos for those agents with many properties on their books :(

CIM
25-05-2013, 09:47
The rating are supposed to be displayed on any medium where a property is advertised for sale or for long term rent.
So any websites (including property portals) window adverts, newspaper adverts.
The implementation of this across so many different types of website is going to be very difficult in the short term (idealista, milanuncios and literally thousands more) so I cant see many being compliant within the next week, especially given that few owners are aware and that many of those do not want to pay or do not have time to arrange their surveys.

Then you have agents with 1,000+ properties on their books - not sure what they are going to do about this. Perhaps it will incentivise many of them to remove old listings, sold properties etc and make them think twice before listing yet another overpriced property? Thats the only upside I can think of.

We now have 4 people who can deal with enquiries and 3 qualified surveyors who can carry out the surveys - everything else should be in place pretty soon although there are a few more things I´d like to have confirmed in the next week.

We did 3 surveys on Thursday and have 6 more on Monday. I´m looking closely at the whole process from start to finish and whilst I have a rough idea on prices, it will depend on the amount of work involved over the 9 that are going through now, the feedback from the surveyors etc. What is not clear at this point is whether there will be a charge for the registration of the certificate as the framework for registration does not seem to be in place yet (although this is true for more than half the provinces in Spain so its not just here in Tenerife where the authorities don´t seem to be prepared!)

9PLUS
25-05-2013, 10:07
I was informed that they weren't bringing it into force in the Canarias nor the Baleares, how true is that?

CIM
25-05-2013, 10:08
I was informed that they weren't bringing it into force in the Canarias nor the Baleares, how true is that?

I havent heard of any provinces being exempt.

chocaholic
25-05-2013, 10:14
I have asked other agents I advertise my house with, some say they need it to advertise, some say they need it only at the Notary, seems clear as mud and no one will give a 100% staright answer!!

9PLUS
25-05-2013, 10:14
I just met up with an engineer last week and that's what he'd mentioned, possibly rubbish i don't know the guy.

chocaholic
25-05-2013, 10:15

hi 9plus, where di u hear this

9PLUS
25-05-2013, 10:18
hi 9plus, where di u hear this

^^............

doreen
25-05-2013, 10:24

Well, here is the list of the 18 groups authorised in Tenerife, so guess it does apply :)

http://certificadodeeficienciaenergetica.com/lista-profesionales?field_provincia_profesional_tid=180&field_titulacion_tid=All&field_verificado_value=All&sort_by=points&sort_order=DESC&items_per_page=12

EDIT: I thought these were the only people authorised, but in fact it seems to be more of an advertising portal, for in their FAQ they state any qualified person can issue the Cert

QUIÉN LO EMITE?

El Certificado de Eficiencia Energética lo emite un técnico en posesión de la titulación académica y profesional habilitante (arquitecto, arquitecto técnico, ingeniero, ingeniero técnico) para la realización de proyectos de edificación o de sus instalaciones térmicas según exija la normativa vigente.

Foz
25-05-2013, 10:42
Are you asking the same questions of other estate agents you know of? Most recent I heard was it would now start on 1st July and that there is only a limited number of people in Tenerife who will be allowed issue the certificates which will certainly lead to chaos for those agents with many properties on their books :(

Hi Doreen,, any idea where we can find out if the 1st July date is correct?

doreen
25-05-2013, 11:10
Hi Doreen,, any idea where we can find out if the 1st July date is correct?

I'm afraid not ... I heard it from an agent who has a sale closing late June.

Foz
25-05-2013, 11:22
I'm afraid not ... I heard it from an agent who has a sale closing late June.

Ok ... I'll check again with the notary after June 1st. I am going to notary on he 13th.

Am I right in thinking if buying a new build (before July 1st if that is the new date) that should come with one of these certificates.

doreen
25-05-2013, 11:32
Ok ... I'll check again with the notary after June 1st. I am going to notary on he 13th.

Am I right in thinking if buying a new build (before July 1st if that is the new date) that should come with one of these certificates.

Yes, I remember reading someone saying all new build since 2007 should have come with this ... please make sure there is a Cedula with this new build before closing.

Foz
25-05-2013, 11:54
Will do ... thanks Doreen x

CIM
25-05-2013, 13:17
Well, here is the list of the 18 groups authorised in Tenerife, so guess it does apply :)

http://certificadodeeficienciaenergetica.com/lista-profesionales?field_provincia_profesional_tid=180&field_titulacion_tid=All&field_verificado_value=All&sort_by=points&sort_order=DESC&items_per_page=12

EDIT: I thought these were the only people authorised, but in fact it seems to be more of an advertising portal, for in their FAQ they state any qualified person can issue the Cert

QUIÉN LO EMITE?

El Certificado de Eficiencia Energética lo emite un técnico en posesión de la titulación académica y profesional habilitante (arquitecto, arquitecto técnico, ingeniero, ingeniero técnico) para la realización de proyectos de edificación o de sus instalaciones térmicas según exija la normativa vigente.

Its just a portal - anyone can stick their details on there. All our people are fully qualified, reliable and trustworthy.

Anything built from 2007 onwards should be covered until 2017. Anything that has had a valuation since 2007 ish should also already have a certificate as it can usually be found in the valuation.

anto3
28-05-2013, 20:18
Got house energy cert today for house and apartment. House 200 euro and apartment 100 euro. Some agents rang last week saying they could get it done cheap for me 350 for house and 150 for apartment. Say no more

candy2411
28-05-2013, 22:44
Sounds a very expensive rip off.... these certificates which are mandatory in the UK cost £50 - £100 incl of vat !

doreen
28-05-2013, 22:57
Sounds a very expensive rip off.... these certificates which are mandatory in the UK cost £50 - £100 incl of vat !

Not so much of a rip off as I understand the Spanish ones must include a full plan of the property, which I see the EPS's in the UK, do not have

http://www.telford.gov.uk/downloads/file/5687/sample_of_the_energy_performance_certificate_epc

and that might be because a house plan is part of the conveyancing documentation which it is not typically in Spain. Should the property here already have full plans for the Assessor to use, then the cost (and time involved) will no doubt be less.

One comment an agent made to me today was that Assessor must produce a true plan showing all living space - which could indeed be a problem when presented in the Town Hall along with the escritura. I have seen cases of properties with 3 times as much space as the building licence (and escritura) stated :(

9PLUS
28-05-2013, 23:04
Now you've said that, this could cause either a fair bit of corruption or a hell of a lot of problems

candy2411
28-05-2013, 23:15
Not so much of a rip off as I understand the Spanish ones must include a full plan of the property, which I see the EPS's in the UK, do not have

http://www.telford.gov.uk/downloads/file/5687/sample_of_the_energy_performance_certificate_epc

and that might be because a house plan is part of the conveyancing documentation which it is not typically in Spain. Should the property here already have full plans for the Assessor to use, then the cost (and time involved) will no doubt be less.

One comment an agent made to me today was that Assessor must produce a true plan showing all living space - which could indeed be a problem when presented in the Town Hall along with the escritura. I have seen cases of properties with 3 times as much space as the building licence (and escritura) stated :(

Just saying how it is in the UK....EPC certificates do include floor plans and room dimensions.

anto3
28-05-2013, 23:39
The house is 189 sq meters and apartment 59 sq meters. The people who Janet Asncombe has on her site who can do these cert legal are 200euro for 189 sq meters and 100 for 59 sq meters, were can the agents who are selling your house justified charging you 150 for the apartment and 359 for the house. Any on this forum got there cert or been quoted a price.

YOUNG GOLFER
29-05-2013, 00:10
Trust me not all agents will be charging the same......and in your case we will be charging less than you paid.
But let's remember a lot of owners do not live here.....and for a agent to arrange times phone calls etc and to go to the property to make sure this is done has to be worth it. Can't see many owners wanting to pay for a flight to sort it out themselves.
On Monday I did 6 properties now waiting to see how long it takes to get the certificate then will be able to post more details on here. Candy by the way we are in tenerife not the UK some things are different here and we all have to go by their rules .

Tenerife Blade
29-05-2013, 05:29

That's interesting. Would this mean that anyone who has extended their house without the correct building consent not be able to sell their house?

candy2411
29-05-2013, 08:42
Trust me not all agents will be charging the same......and in your case we will be charging less than you paid.
But let's remember a lot of owners do not live here.....and for a agent to arrange times phone calls etc and to go to the property to make sure this is done has to be worth it. Can't see many owners wanting to pay for a flight to sort it out themselves.
On Monday I did 6 properties now waiting to see how long it takes to get the certificate then will be able to post more details on here. Candy by the way we are in tenerife not the UK some things are different here and we all have to go by their rules .

Fully understand that YG, I was just pointing out the cost seems very high compared to similar service in UK, the real shame of course is that these certificates ( in the UK anyway) although a legal requirement are completely useless. They do not influence a sale in any way as any prospective purchaser or mortgage provider would insist on a separate survey.

doreen
29-05-2013, 08:59
That's interesting. Would this mean that anyone who has extended their house without the correct building consent not be able to sell their house?

I've no idea what could pan out to be honest ... it was just an agent reporting his architect's comment that he was obliged to produce a factual drawing. Guess it could be seen as a way for Town Hall etc to get in some more money if people had to legalise unlicensed space.

chocaholic
30-05-2013, 11:34
still cant understand when this is less than 48 hours no agents are mentioning it on their websites!! also what about all the bank repossessions and sites like idealista?

Balcony
30-05-2013, 17:43
You may be aware of new legislation comes into force on 1st June 2013 which will require all properties offered for sale to be in possession of a certificate of energy efficiency.

The certificate will be issued, after a visit from a local architect, and will rate each property on a scale of A to G depending on its efficiency.

The rating given will be incorporated to form part of the property advertisement and then the original certificate will be presented to the notary at the point of completion of the sale. The certificate is for information purposes only and regardless of the rating given will not impede the sale of your property.

I would think most estate agents will incorporate this requirement into their services.

We have something similar in the UK, but how does it work on Tenerife....how cool it keeps?!

Canarian Weekly
31-05-2013, 11:50
AS from tomorrow – Saturday 1st June – if you’re renting out or selling your property in Spain, including the Canary Islands, you have to provide an Energy Performance Certificate under Spanish Law, “Real Decreto 235/2013, de 5 de abril”. And no, it’s not another obstacle the Spanish Government is introducing to hinder you renting [...]

More... (http://www.canarianweekly.com/switch-else/)

mikejune
31-05-2013, 13:52
Does any one know where you can apply for the New "Certificado Energético"

9PLUS
31-05-2013, 13:54
http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/showthread.php?25059-Energy-certificates-needed-from-1st-June-2013-on-all-properties-for-sale-or-rent

There you go

anto3
31-05-2013, 14:44
Agent told me today that they will be taking down all the pictures in there window on Monday if people do not produce there cert.

canary boy
31-05-2013, 15:46
no problem its €150 through your estate agent, obviously they need to get access to your property and NIE numbers etc( Trust the estate agents ? MMM)

Saltnpepper
31-05-2013, 21:25
This is what I was told by an estate agent (TIBC in Las Galletas) - "The cost of the certificate varies, dependant on the size of the property. For example:

Property 1 - 70m2 = 160.50€
Property 70-120m2 = 214.00€
Property 120-200m2 = 267.50€
Property + 200m2 = 321€
For properties over 250m2 please ask for a quote."

Tenerife Blade
15-06-2013, 06:27
Does anyone have a time scale for one of these certificates to be issued? I'm going to be out of the country for a few weeks, but have a couple of people showing interest in my house. If someone made me an acceptable offer, how quickly could I have a certificate sorted?
Thanks in advance.

CIM
15-06-2013, 11:15
It takes about a week.

anto3
15-06-2013, 14:26
I thought the agent could be fined if they show your house without a cert. Also paid 200 for a 187sq meter house but I did it myself but the agent will charge more for there trouble of going to your house if you are not in the country

Tenerife Blade
15-06-2013, 15:46
I do live here in Tenerife, but will be away for a short while. I am going to sort out the certificate when I get back, but was just covering my bases in case I return to an offer on the house.

The interest i have is not via an agent. I have a couple of friends that have family that are thinking of buying over here. It's not likely to happen while I'm away, but you never know.

CIM
16-06-2013, 13:14
I have a website now with a fair bit of information on. I am updating it as and when necessary:
epctenerife.es (http://epctenerife.es)

tfs1
16-06-2013, 14:28
I have a website now with a fair bit of information on. I am updating it as and when necessary:

You may want to think about putting some contact details on it, ie phone/email/address in the 'about us' bit.

If a person does a 'EPC Tenerife' search and find the website he/she may be put off by there being no details about who EPC Tenerife are. You know who you are but nobody else does !

just a thought

CIM
16-06-2013, 14:40
I only want to deal with enquiries via email - dont really want loads of phone calls about this. I´ll expand that page but for now - email only.

atlantico
16-06-2013, 16:15
just had two EPC's carried out in UK. A house cost £41 and a double shop (2 shops in one) with upstairs flat cost £211

do you think the Spanish are over-charging for this service ????

candy2411
16-06-2013, 16:32
just had two EPC's carried out in UK. A house cost £41 and a double shop (2 shops in one) with upstairs flat cost £211

do you think the Spanish are over-charging for this service ????

Yes, I do. see post#69 When I was putting my house on the market in UK the cost was under £50 and this was a 3 bed 2 bath detached house . The estate agent selling was going to charge me over £100 if I used their surveyor but were happy for me to instruct my own which I did .

The point of course is when in Spain or Canaries their rules apply.

BrianT
18-06-2013, 16:40
I have just received an e-mail from an estate agent informing me of the new law and costs. I have never used or enquired through the agent or asked for this info so must be a blanket mail. Costs below.

This is just a guide and each company’s prices will differ slightly.

Price per EPC as follows;

Properties up to 70sqm €160.50

Properties between 70sqm – 120sqm €214.00

Properties between 120sqm – 200sqm €257.50

Properties above 200sqm €321.00

Prices may differ slightly from company to company.

pjelec
20-06-2013, 23:41
Hi Everyone,
We are currently doing these certificates. We have done over 100 so far and still lots of enquiries. We have done a few for Facebook Flog it members and there are comments on there from satisfied customers. We only charge 150.00€ for 100sq mts. If you Contact me through my website with your location and Internal sq mt of your property i will give you a quote. Click the link in my signature.

We take about 3 days from start to finish.
Does anyone have a time scale for one of these certificates to be issued? I'm going to be out of the country for a few weeks, but have a couple of people showing interest in my house. If someone made me an acceptable offer, how quickly could I have a certificate sorted?
Thanks in advance.

bobbyrandall
26-06-2013, 16:45
....just when you thought it could not get worse, has anyone had any dealings with this new load of bunkum rule that has come into being from the 1st of June. Basically you need an "inspector" to come and value your house´s energy rating, before you can sell or rent...of course, it is going to cost you from 150 euros to 300 plus, and of course, IF YOU DO NOT COMPLY. there are hefty fines......

Saltnpepper
26-06-2013, 16:55
There has already been a thread about this subject recently so you can find info by searching under "Energy certificates"

slodgedad
26-06-2013, 18:18
There has already been a thread about this subject recently so you can find info by searching under "Energy certificates"
The post has now been merged with that thread

lovingtenerife
01-07-2013, 16:45
Hi, this rule only applies for properties over 50m2.

Foz
01-07-2013, 18:18

Are you sure? I recently sold a property of 47m2 and the notary would not let it go through without a certificate.

CIM
01-07-2013, 20:31

Not correct - if a property is residential, it needs a a certificate. There are some exemptions for other types of properties including temporary dwellings but any studio or apartment under 50m2 still needs a certificate.

lovingtenerife
01-07-2013, 22:28
Not correct - if a property is residential, it needs a a certificate. There are some exemptions for other types of properties including temporary dwellings but any studio or apartment under 50m2 still needs a certificate.

Well if the apartment is in a building bigger than 50 m2 then of course. Here is the law btw:

http://www.boe.es/boe/dias/2013/04/13/pdfs/BOE-A-2013-3904.pdf

There it says isolated buildings or parts of buildings. So a 50 m2 bungalow would be exemt. But it is subject to interpretation isn't it?

9PLUS
02-07-2013, 09:14
Under 50m2

50m2 is not exempt

chocaholic
02-07-2013, 12:01

The rule only applies if it is a standalone detached property eg outbuildinbg. apartments under 50m2 in a complex require them

Bhamannette
03-07-2013, 13:28
Apologies if already here but how much should they cost for a 48m2 apartment, Im wondering if its worth just getting one so I dont have to worry about it. Dont rent or intend to sell but you never know

BrianT
05-07-2013, 21:22
Apologies if already here but how much should they cost for a 48m2 apartment, Im wondering if its worth just getting one so I dont have to worry about it. Dont rent or intend to sell but you never know
We got a price for our apartment (Los Cristiano's) which is about the same size as yours, this was from a forum member who has contributed to this thread. Cost was 130 euros, we also have the floor plan with sizes etc which was provided by the builder.

anto3
05-07-2013, 22:50
Why would you get a cert if you were not renting or selling. You must have money to throw away.

slodgedad
05-07-2013, 23:03

Why bother then?

They are only needed for resale or rent.

Bhamannette
06-07-2013, 08:40
Why bother then?

They are only needed for resale or rent.

You're probably right I just thought if they didn't cost very much it was just one less thing to worry about and I will probably sell in less than 10 years

ciderhunter
28-07-2013, 10:50

The posts mention UKIP as this latest piece of nonsense comes from the EU. I suppose the Eurocrats have to do something to try and justify the monstrous cost to the taxpayers. The UK pays over 50 million per day, including Sundays. Personally I don't think it's worth it.
As for the status of we ex-pats should UK leave the EU, our status would simply become the same as the many thousands of South Americans who live and work here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAyzWKXtbq0&list=TLsp0lIhA_-ys

supergran
14-08-2013, 18:07
How much does it cost for a energy certificate?

kathml
14-08-2013, 19:02
How much does it cost for a energy certificate?

seems to be from around €150 upwards depending on the size of property I paid €180 for a 2 bed apartment

supergran
14-08-2013, 21:16
Thank you Kathml, who did your energy certificate for you ?

kathml
14-08-2013, 22:44
Estate agent organised it its in Medano

Was told rough cost before I went ahead

chocaholic
15-08-2013, 14:13
well this came into law on 1st june yet little evidence of these certificates on estate agents websites? cim, young golfer whats the update? after everyone being told they need one to even advertise cant see any mention of anyone having a certificate on your websites or other agents????

kathml
15-08-2013, 17:17
well this came into law on 1st june yet little evidence of these certificates on estate agents websites? cim, young golfer whats the update? after everyone being told they need one to even advertise cant see any mention of anyone having a certificate on your websites or other agents????

Would imagine because its not neccessary to mention it as everyone must have one its taken for granted that proof of payment of communidad water electricity etc will be provided and the energy cert will just become one of these items

however if young golfer or any other estate agents says no im willing to withdraw

YOUNG GOLFER
15-08-2013, 17:35

Sorry busy at work one of us will reply later.

CIM
15-08-2013, 17:39
They are being done for every new property that is being listed. Websites require configuration which takes a bit of time. Also need this to be compatible with XML feeds for listing syndication and at the moment there is no industry standard.
They are required and are being displayed on tangible marketing material. Also, you will now not be able to sign at notary without one.

chocaholic
15-08-2013, 19:09
So they are only needed when I actually sell my property at notary and do not have to waste money getting one beforehand

YOUNG GOLFER
15-08-2013, 19:16
So they are only needed when I actually sell my property at notary and do not have to waste money getting one beforehand

chocaholic PLEASE READ

http://propertiesareus.com/energy-performance-certificates-epc-in-tenerife/

So, to clarify, you have to have this certificate BEFORE you even advertise your property. It is the owners responsibility to ensure they have one and failure to provide a certificate when asked will lead to a fine of up to 3,000€.

chocaholic
15-08-2013, 19:30
Ok so I need one, do u need to advertise that I have one or can u be fined as,well?
Just don't understand why I was advised I needed one,3 month s,ago to advertise but no evidence of these certificate s on estate agents website's.

Hi Kath please could u let me know how much it was thanks
Estate agent organised it its in Medano

Was told rough cost before I went ahead

YOUNG GOLFER
15-08-2013, 19:35
Ok so I need one, do u need to advertise that I have one or can u be fined as,well?
Just don't understand why I was advised I needed one,3 month s,ago to advertise but no evidence of these certificate s on estate agents website's.

Hi Kath please could u let me know how much it was thanks

Is your property on my books ?

chocaholic
15-08-2013, 19:36
Not at moment would u be interested in adding ot

YOUNG GOLFER
15-08-2013, 19:39
Not at moment would u be interested in adding ot

Drop me a email and we can chat about it....... but not on here

info@propertiesareus.com

chocaholic
15-08-2013, 19:41
Just trying to work out whether this law is same as u can't drive in flip flops, u need to change your uk driving licence, loads of fuss then never mentioned again on a public forum but this law involves me wasting my hard earned wages.

Will do thanks
Drop me a email and we can chat about it....... but not on here

info@propertiesareus.com

kathml
16-08-2013, 08:02
For a med sized 2bed apartment in medano was charged €180 it was estate agent who organised it for me and that was basic cost some may add an extra charge for the service