PDA

View Full Version : What do members think about the possibility of war in North Korea?

marbro8
31-03-2013, 00:05
what do members think about the escalation of war between north korea and the us? do you think it is as media say a bit of sabre rattling or something more serious ???

timmylish
31-03-2013, 00:26
As is always the case in situations like this people tend to over indulge in wild claims which cannot be backed up. You use the term as "escalation of war"! Don,t think so. No one is at war in the convention sense. Yes, no declaration of peace was ever entered into in the 50's but also no active acts of war have been carried out since then.

On the basis of certain advices given me in the 60's, whilst working in Govt. Office in Whitehall at that time the Security Services of the Allies was that any real possibility of full scale wars would be instigated over religion and I see nothing has changed so I cannot see this coming to anything other than localised scirmishes (I hope).

marbro8
31-03-2013, 00:40
As is always the case in situations like this people tend to over indulge in wild claims which cannot be backed up. You use the term as "escalation of war"! Don,t think so. No one is at war in the convention sense. Yes, no declaration of peace was ever entered into in the 50's but also no active acts of war have been carried out since then.

On the basis of certain advices given me in the 60's, whilst working in Govt. Office in Whitehall at that time the Security Services of the Allies was that any real possibility of full scale wars would be instigated over religion and I see nothing has changed so I cannot see this coming to anything other than localised scirmishes (I hope).i hope you are right timmylish , but it seems to be getting a little heated, maybe it is because the us have been flying the stealth bombers over the south, they have taken offence and also the new sanctions have taken effect???, but intelligence have proven that they have the capability of reaching alaska with one of their missiles, i just hope the gung ho yanks don't over react:wink:

TF1
31-03-2013, 10:57
The North Korean government is crazy, but is neither stupid nor suicidal.

TenerifeTeddy
31-03-2013, 11:34
In the past when ever North Korea has ramped up its rhetoric and made threats, it has been "rewarded" by getting concessions, food aid etc. During Clintons presidency he stopped the annual joint military exercises so as to appease the North. The political climate has changed somewhat and even the Chinese who have always supported NK in the past appear to baulk at the idea of NK developing a credible nuclear threat.

As has been said earlier the regime is crazy but not suicidal, but they are fast approaching the point where they will force themselves to attack the South in some way, because this time the threats have not bought about the expected concessions, and they can't be seen to lose face.

IMO if that happens then the North should be hit hard enough to teach them a long overdue lesson. Any military defeat I think would also bring about the downfall of the regime.
Although they have a mass of soldiers and tanks, they would be no match for the modern firepower that the US could bring to bear on them. I think the North could do massive damage with artillery to the South especially Seoul, but they do no have the ability to invade.

In the war in 1950 the Chinese joined in to push the UN forces back to the existing ceasefire line. These days the US is the biggest market for Chinese goods, with a huge trade surplus. That would dry up overnight if the Chinese faced off against US forces.

irishmusico
31-03-2013, 16:13
Kim Jong Un is probably doing to the population what countless of leaders have done before. Keeping the people scared. He already has the people accepting his cult of personality supreme leader title like Saddam Hussain did. A threat of an all out war against the enemy of the state( not necessarily of the people) will keep an already (apparently)ignorant and opressed population down and under control. He is not mad,he knows how to manpiulate. Having said that,those pictures of the mass hysteria when his daddy died did not look really convincing. I recon most of the population pretended to be sad because they knew what was good for them. Like all tyrants he will get his cumuppance.

LeFrunk
31-03-2013, 18:02
My opinion is , ANY country that does not toe the American line shall be the subject of embargos , threats of sanctions and anything else they can throw at it. America along with its European B**l lickers have did this for a long time AND gave the media dogs and scumbags alike disinformation so that the populations of America & Europe believed in what they heard and seen on their tv sets , North Korea , Iran , Cuba , most of South America , China and Russia to name a few have been the subject of all the s**t for years , just have a look at the last decade and what America and its cronies have did and are doing to whole countries. All these counties were around before America was even discovered , so North Korea has the right to defend itself against American aggression on its doorstep . Just my opinion tho and im not a war monger.

TenerifeTeddy
31-03-2013, 18:53
Oh yes, North Korea, Iran, Iraq, Syria, Cuba et al are/were doing a wonderful job looking after the welfare and interests of their people - not:confused:

essexeddie
31-03-2013, 20:30
It will all come to nothing, all mouth and no trousers.

9PLUS
04-04-2013, 08:33
Nobody as i can see, knows what Jingle "gangnam style" Kong'Un is like, apart from a pushy "man"

He could have no brains and push the button, but his <10 party popper Nukes are no match for the American Nuclear bombs.

I predict nothing will come of this (hopefully of course) Having said that he could certainly kill a lot of Americans.

The Americans have some great rapid firing anti missile systems but then your talking about fighting off nuclear weapon, its quite mind blowing

marbro8
04-04-2013, 13:12
Nobody as i can see, knows what Jingle "gangnam style" Kong'Un is like, apart from a pushy "man"

He could have no brains and push the button, but his <10 party popper Nukes are no match for the American Nuclear bombs.

I predict nothing will come of this (hopefully of course) Having said that he could certainly kill a lot of Americans.

The Americans have some great rapid firing anti missile systems but then your talking about fighting off nuclear weapon, its quite mind blowinglooks to be escalating as well with the yanks moving missiles onto guam, and the usually quiet south korean's are acting like a kid in the playground that has just been picked on, and then their big brother turns up giving them a bit of bravado;)

TOTO 99
04-04-2013, 13:27
looks to be escalating as well with the yanks moving missiles onto guam, and the usually quiet south korean's are acting like a kid in the playground that has just been picked on, and then their big brother turns up giving them a bit of bravado;)

Hopefully the yanks won't be needed. I sympathise with the South Koreans because they have had a lot to put up with and could easily have retaliated earlier. They are capable of fending off North Korea but it would obviously result in a huge loss of life.
Let's face it, he's a nutcase.....21st century weapons in the hands of 3rd world mentality. The world can't allow that to carry on. If he had a decent track record it wouldn't be so bad.

Stopping the supply of cakes to the region would probably bring him round...:laugh:

marbro8
04-04-2013, 13:30
Hopefully the yanks won't be needed. I sympathise with the South Koreans because they have had a lot to put up with and could easily have retaliated earlier. They are capable of fending off North Korea but it would obviously result in a huge loss of life.
Let's face it, he's a nutcase.....21st century weapons in the hands of 3rd world mentality. The world can't allow that to carry on. If he had a decent track record it wouldn't be so bad.

Stopping the supply of cakes to the region would probably bring him round...:laugh::lol::lol::lol:.....

TOTO 99
04-04-2013, 13:44
Classic!...:laugh:. marbro8.. 9PLUS

Malteser Monkey
04-04-2013, 14:16
Classic!...:laugh:. marbro8.. 9PLUS

what abut the rest of us:wave:

TOTO 99
04-04-2013, 14:20
what abut the rest of us:wave:

You always say you dont do Facebook so I didn't think you'd like it. It won't happen again...

Malteser Monkey
04-04-2013, 14:30
You always say you dont do Facebook so I didn't think you'd like it. It won't happen again...

"I always say" hmmm I may have said it once - typical bloke exaggerating rolleyes2::whistle:

You are forgiven:cheeky:

warbey
04-04-2013, 19:45
timmylish, sorry, I have to disagree with You yet again.

Surely the sinking of a South Korean Navy Ship and the separate Shelling of Territory are acts of War..? They are in My Book.

I personally wonder where the Chinese stand on this.

They were dragged in last time. What happens this time.

Syria has been allowed to fester, because of Powerful Allies preventing interference..

If They should give the Go-ahead, anything is possible

all We can do, is wait and see.........................

Loaded
04-04-2013, 20:41
I'm starting to think we're in the middle of world war 4...... Looking back on other wars such as world war 2 it was many separate and interlinked wars which combined to make one massive war..... Starting from 2001 with 9/11 we've had Iraq, Afghanistan, the North Africa uprisings....Libya....now this in Korea.... The world is on fire!

When was world war 3 you ask? Cold War!

marbro8
04-04-2013, 20:55
I'm starting to think we're in the middle of world war 4...... Looking back on other wars such as world war 2 it was many separate and interlinked wars which combined to make one massive war..... Starting from 2001 with 9/11 we've had Iraq, Afghanistan, the North Africa uprisings....Libya....now this in Korea.... The world is on fire!

When was world war 3 you ask? Cold War!i can only see this going one way with either south korea striking first with the help of the yanks, or the yanks will just knock out all the north's rocket launchers, so they won't have the opportunity to launch a nuclear strike, then the south would invade and engage in a land war:dontknow: oh well you know where i am obama if you need any more strategy tactics:lol:

Loaded
04-04-2013, 20:59
Can't see a land war, I think everyone got that little patience with North Korea theyd just bomb them

Margaretta
04-04-2013, 23:35
Sadly, what is usually logical to us....the elimination of the madman at the centre, never happens before a lot of strife. Over the years I've lost faith in the existence of James Bond characters who can penetrate the inner circles of government and efficiently wipe out the chief protagonists before a war takes place.

The North Koreans may be brainwashed and utterly fearful; their old-fashioned marching alone is symptomatic of unbalanced dictatorship and the absence of any individual thought. (I wonder if there is a Korean Glen Miller there who is dying to change the music?)

They live for the glory of North Korea and as said previously would not wish to lose face. but on TV a journalist knowledgeable of the region and situation said that the Chinese are exercising diplomacy and encouraging dialogue between the opposing parties and let's hope that they continue and succeed in resolving current issues.

marbro8
05-04-2013, 08:17
Sadly, what is usually logical to us....the elimination of the madman at the centre, never happens before a lot of strife. Over the years I've lost faith in the existence of James Bond characters who can penetrate the inner circles of government and efficiently wipe out the chief protagonists before a war takes place.

The North Koreans may be brainwashed and utterly fearful; their old-fashioned marching alone is symptomatic of unbalanced dictatorship and the absence of any individual thought. (I wonder if there is a Korean Glen Miller there who is dying to change the music?)

They live for the glory of North Korea and as said previously would not wish to lose face. but on TV a journalist knowledgeable of the region and situation said that the Chinese are exercising diplomacy and encouraging dialogue between the opposing parties and let's hope that they continue and succeed in resolving current issues.as you say lets all hope that they can solve this amicably, i am and i am sure others are sick to the back teeth with wars, we are supposedly the most intelligent mammals on the planet and yet we are the biggest danger to our own demise, as for taking kim out, he is just a child being told what to do, he is probably more scared than anyone, it's the idiot generals they need to take out:blast:

sparker10
09-04-2013, 11:40
Everyone should just disarm and get rid of their nuclear weapons because lets be honest the only reason people have them nowadays is because they use them as deterrents. I know this will never happen, or at least not any time soon but it makes sense.

marbro8
09-04-2013, 18:10
Everyone should just disarm and get rid of their nuclear weapons because lets be honest the only reason people have them nowadays is because they use them as deterrents. I know this will never happen, or at least not any time soon but it makes sense.:unfortunately politicians don't want to know about anything that makes sence:lol:, it would never happen, i remember a few years ago america did a deal with russia, they agreed that for every missile they got rid of the yanks would do the same, but i think that's about as near as you are going to get;), you could never guarantee that either side had destroyed all of what they say they have.

kingbaker
09-04-2013, 22:23
:( I have a friend who lives 80 miles north of the N Korean border, and they are very
concerned with the situation and radiation in particular. Hope all ends well.:(

marbro8
09-04-2013, 22:51
:( I have a friend who lives 80 miles north of the N Korean border, and they are very
concerned with the situation and radiation in particular. Hope all ends well.:(the north koreans just seem to be trying to escalate the situation, about 120 workers failed to turn up today at a workplace shared by the north and south:(, in another defiant mood, yet the americans and south have postponed military manouver's just in case it pees the north off:dontknow:

Loaded
09-04-2013, 23:02
Good move calling off the planned military exercises - North Korea do seem to want to push this all the way - I can see USA getting ****** off in the end and just bombing them

marbro8
09-04-2013, 23:17
Good move calling off the planned military exercises - North Korea do seem to want to push this all the way - I can see USA getting ****** off in the end and just bombing themyou are right, but if USA bombed the north the rest of the world( ie china and russia) would be up in arms, but if the south started it;););)

Loaded
10-04-2013, 12:56
Needs to happen

Taylor
10-04-2013, 13:08
what do members think about the escalation of war between north korea and the us? do you think it is as media say a bit of sabre rattling or something more serious ???

its all about money and Embargo's they seriously don't need an ass kicking ........ albeit they deserve one think even China is fed up with them

Balcony
10-04-2013, 15:43
Attention...attention....this is de north calling. All touristickers in de south is better leava da island. We hava our most powerful weapons pointed in your direction and enough bullets to blow up every one of you dangerous bars and chip butty places. Isa dangerousy place for you so be awarned if the tax man don't get you we will.

Bulletin signed tomoorow by chief bonzo