PDA

View Full Version : Health How do I replace a lost prescription in Tenerife?

Kiki
01-04-2013, 11:15
I have a repeat prescription from my doctor at the Centro de Salud in Los Cristianos. Recently i moved apartment and now i have misplaced my prescription in the process. I had a look on their website hoping i could enter my details and print it out but no such luck. Does this mean i have to make another apoointment to have it reprinted? Or would the farmacia be able to help? :confused:

Suzanne
01-04-2013, 22:17
almost certain you will have to make another appointment to get a repeat prescription. if you dial 012 they will ask if it is for a consult with the doctor or a repeat. should mean you are not waiting too long at the doctors.

slodgedad
01-04-2013, 22:26
You will have to revisit th doctor. Making an appointment on line is simple.

Click HERE (http://www3.gobiernodecanarias.org/sanidad/scs/gc/18/Cita_Previa/index.html), enter your medical card details and make the appointment.

9PLUS
01-04-2013, 22:53
They'll make another prescription and the last one (which you've misplaced) gets void.

No big deal, just make another appointment.

Kiki
02-04-2013, 00:01
Thank you all for your help. I wanted to make sure before i made an appointment incase i was wasting the doctors time.

9PLUS
02-04-2013, 00:07
Thats cool 50/50 if they're diazepams

cheers

x

slodgedad
02-04-2013, 00:10
You're not wasting their time.

Since my wife's stroke, 2 years ago, she has been on the same prescription, which is life long

We still have to go every month to have it renewed.

Seems to me it's a waste of the doctor's time when all we do is walk in, after waiting a week, and ask for 'receta'

Kiki
02-04-2013, 00:22
It is much easier in the UK, you can order it online and pick it up from Boots or get it sent to your home. Fingers crossed Tenerife shall one day become more up to date with their procedures!