PDA

View Full Version : Paperwork What's the cost of an opening licence in Tenerife?

wakoline
02-04-2013, 18:23
can anyone tell me roughly the cost of an opening licence for a hair a beauty salon, i know the intial cost is 64 euro admin charge to start with

bulldog
02-04-2013, 18:57
can anyone tell me roughly the cost of an opening licence for a hair a beauty salon, i know the intial cost is 64 euro admin charge to start with

go to the cultural centre in Los Cristianos on entering on the ground floor the last
door on the left is the office of a department called Camara they help with setting
up of new business,s there are lots of incentives available to people trying to start
new business,s.good luck!

TenerifeTeddy
02-04-2013, 23:12
The rules change all the time. There was information in the papers about 6 months ago, that some businesses in premises of under 100sqm were no longer going to require an opening licence. I remember it because it was announced 2 weeks after we paid €700 for the Opening Licence for Callao Learning Centre.

redarrow
03-04-2013, 11:52
The rules change all the time. There was information in the papers about 6 months ago, that some businesses in premises of under 100sqm were no longer going to require an opening licence. I remember it because it was announced 2 weeks after we paid €700 for the Opening Licence for Callao Learning Centre.

I would seriously like to find out more about that. I made an application in October 2011, and we are still waiting to be contacted.

9PLUS
03-04-2013, 12:40
I would seriously like to find out more about that. I made an application in October 2011, and we are still waiting to be contacted.

Have you contacted them since?

redarrow
03-04-2013, 14:27
My landlord is also an abogado, so they are handling it for me. The last time we spoke about it, they had enquired about the delay, but were informed that there is a backlog. Good move by the council eh? Just take the money and do nothing. I bet loads of businesses have applied and gone out of business before they've had to do anything. It's a ripoff tax.

9PLUS
03-04-2013, 14:52
It's administration costs and profit. The town hall aren't there to work for a business owner and use up resources from other funding.

You're right there are thousand of businesses that no longer exist, But I'm guessing you'd be alright with it if you'd got the license within the projected time frame of 3 months instead of years and years.

redarrow
03-04-2013, 15:13
I know people who've been waiting for years. I've already waited for 18 months.

9PLUS
03-04-2013, 15:14
yes that are still in business,i also, it's almost embarrassing innit.

TenerifeTeddy
03-04-2013, 19:20

We didn't have to pay the fee for the OL until we received the letter saying our application was "favorable". We were dealing with Adeje, which my gestor says is one of the better councils for dealing with applications. He said that Arona was one of the worst, with long backlogs of applications.

Probably best to just go to the office that deals with the OL and ask them what the status of your application is.

Ian_N
03-04-2013, 23:43
What is the situation now if you applied years ago but licences can only be got in the near future as in what works in bar need to be met and being 1st or 2nd floor in a building and toilets etc. What expense you looking at these days.

9PLUS
03-04-2013, 23:53
Run that by us again Ian

Ian_N
04-04-2013, 00:23
What is the situation when the opening licence was applied for yrs ago. What are the current laws on bars being on the first floor or above as have heard prob rubbish ! that you need lifts etc . For disabled access.

9PLUS
04-04-2013, 07:12
What is the situation when the opening licence was applied for yrs ago. What are the current laws on bars being on the first floor or above as have heard prob rubbish ! that you need lifts etc . For disabled access.

If a "complete" project had been presented and was in accordance with the Rules, Laws & Regs at the moment it had been presented you should have nothing to worry about. (with regards to making changes)

"YOU" should be checking the progress at least once a month after the first 3 month period.

There "Maybe" a chance there the project has been "Archived due to no response from the client" this is "not good", if it has you "Could" find yourself having to redo or modify to all the other Rules, Laws and Regs. (which could be a disaster on your pocket or simply now not possible to open a business in that local)

There's far too many Laws to list on a forum.

When you refer to ground floor or second floor do you mean that it forms part of a Commercial center?